List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep chom offers heaps more. The coaches seem to think if Darling teaches our kpfs a few tricks he improves them all. I can see the logic and for a 2 year contract the risk isn't a large one.
He will be better than Pink or teakle and if he improves our forward structure he could be great for us.
Minimum cost he's not worth getting all dramatic over.
When he retires in two years he frees up cash for kerch and wardlaw types.
Its pay thats the problem for Darling, pick wise he wont cost much. He's on 800k next year, even if accepted only 400k for the second year thats 1.2m we couldve used on frontloading when Chom is way a better option.

Its pay thats the problem for Darling, pick wise he wont cost much. He's on 800k next year, even if accepted only 400k for the second year thats 1.2m we couldve used on frontloading when Chom is way a better option.
It's not your money mate. We need to spend 95% of the cap. Idc about the cash if we have the space it's a non issue. It's a short term deal and when he retires we will have young guns needing a pay rise. I suspect we can front load comben anyway. Spending money now on Darling really won't effect us as we move up the ladder because he's doubtful to be around when we do.
We don't lack front loading opportunities the cap has gone up this year I reckon we are struggling to pay 95% even with Darling.

Chom's has been signed until 2027 and Wardlaw 2026. The only player we need to throw money at in LDU and we have the cap space. Money isn't an issue.

I'm not overly fussed whether we sign Darling or not, but the idea of seeing Luke Parker in Royal Blue and White is enticing, his footy IQ, leadership qualities plus his knowledge of the Sydney training programme could be great in fast tracking our young midfielders and own training programmes.

Don't usually take Cal as one for lying... he is a lot of things but not really a liar

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Repeating something you hear isn't lying if you take what they said for being factual, it can still be correct and a lot of rumours around trade period are either exaggerated or not accurate.

Eventually he will chat to someone at the club and if they say we haven't spoken to them about him or offered that then he will correct himself. I doubt he is the source of the rumour though, as you said, he isn't one to make things up for content.

Is Darling that bad now?

I used to rate him really highly but haven't watched him enough in recent times to comcomment
No he is perfect for us not sure why people are melting. Maybe cause he ain't a superstar, or he has serious limitations... if pink and teakle are rated at 2, darling is at least a 4. That's double. It's still below average, but the experience and whatever leadership that brings will help

No he is perfect for us not sure why people are melting. Maybe cause he ain't a superstar, or he has serious limitations... if pink and teakle are rated at 2, darling is at least a 4. That's double. It's still below average, but the experience and whatever leadership that brings will help

We are not getting him to dominate or kick goals every game. It’s experience, gym or training standards (he is a ****ing beast) and leadership

It’s a great get imo

Add in Parker it’s even better

The thought that getting Darling means the club thinks we don’t need to draft a KPF scares the absolute bejesus out of me.

I would think it means we are drafting one or more and want help for them.

We need Darling to run all day in a defined forward structure that another player can then come into once it established.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker will be a great get if we succeed.
He will add so much to our mids and small/ medium forwards.
A fair dose of mongrel also.
Can't wait!

He's going to teach our forwards and mids every little niggly trick in the book, reckon someone like George will benefit immensley.

It's not your money mate. We need to spend 95% of the cap. Idc about the cash if we have the space it's a non issue. It's a short term deal and when he retires we will have young guns needing a pay rise. I suspect we can front load comben anyway. Spending money now on Darling really won't effect us as we move up the ladder because he's doubtful to be around when we do.
We don't lack front loading opportunities the cap has gone up this year I reckon we are struggling to pay 95% even with Darling.
How we use player salary is just as much strategy as use of draft picks. They aint my draft picks either, but doesn't stop use discussing the best way to use them.
And im not talking about frontloading Chom, it could be anyone or numerous players.

People need to think of Jack Darling of 2025-26, not Jack Darling of 2018-19.

He was bloody good in those years but has tailed off markedly in recent years. The drop-off in stats is obvious but he doesn't get around the ground like he used to, and that's not going to get any better.

If we're looking for an experienced forward, I'd much prefer Tim Membrey.

And look, we already have a profile of Membrey on our website:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back