List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Jay Clark reckons Parker will come. I'm not getting too excited until the season is over and he meets with Longmire.

Twomey claimed we'd offered a F1 for Houston but hadn't spoken to him. TAO's inside info is we didn't offer the F1.
Port don't want future firsts. They want first rounders this year

I have zero desire to trade with port regardless of what is on offer.

put a moratorium on trading with them until after we have had a top 4 finish.

They have either f*ed us or tried to f* us on every deal we have done with them for a decade.
Hawks and tiggers buggered us as well. Fact is we are just poor traders.

Port don't want future firsts. They want first rounders this year
But the Saints are the only suitor in the position to offer them a top 10 pick.

If they don't get band 1 compo for Battle, will they pull the trigger?

Houston may well say "bugger Victoria if I have to play for North", but then who else has something Port will agree to?

I can't see too many options.

But the Saints are the only suitor in the position to offer them a top 10 pick.

If they don't get band 1 compo for Battle, will they pull the trigger?

Houston may well say "bugger Victoria if I have to play for North", but then who else has something Port will agree to?

I can't see too many options.
Yeah, so Port might say to the other suitors "go and get yourself a better first round draft pick"

We're not picking up any of these older guys on long-term deals. We need to buy our younger guys time to develop and not necessarily be exposed to senior footy if they lack form. if they are playing seniors then have experienced guys around them that can hopefully standup under pressure and show our younger guys how to also standup under pressure.

People saying they're embarassed and the club have lost the plot - the club are desperate. We cant have another year where we only win 2 games. Adding experience of this type that won't cost much is a low risk play. They do this and set higher standards for pre-season / training and also achieve a more balanced list with better runners, smalls and talls should ensure we making some significant improvement next year - or at least exhausting all avenues to attempt significant improvement.

Shooting Star Love GIF

This thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing about Matt Owies is aside from anything else (and part why I am a fan and would prefer Carlton to keep) is that he absolutely loves antagonising opposition supporters and players (esp Collingwood and Essendon flogs)

He is no world beater or game changer, but he does give a lot of pest energy and seen him absolutely get under the skin of the ferals of the Filth and * cheer squad many times.

If he comes to North, I am reasonably sure you guys will come around to loving The Owl. His troll game is 💯 legit and I feel like your young group could do with a character like that (although granted I think Zuraar and arguably Larkey fit into that mould)

I imagine would only cost a token late 2nd/early 3rd rounder for you (for points for the Campo twins)

Don't get me wrong, he has probably been my favourite Blues player this season and I am gutted to see him go, but would be happy to see him at a club i like in North.

Could be a low key bargain but very important recruit for you guys.

The thing about Matt Owies is aside from anything else (and part why I am a fan and would prefer Carlton to keep) is that he absolutely loves antagonising opposition supporters and players (esp Collingwood and Essendon flogs)

He is no world beater or game changer, but he does give a lot of pest energy and seen him absolutely get under the skin of the ferals of the Filth and * cheer squad many times.

If he comes to North, I am reasonably sure you guys will come around to loving The Owl. His troll game is 💯 legit and I feel like your young group could do with a character like that (although granted I think Zuraar and arguably Larkey fit into that mould)

I imagine would only cost a token late 2nd/early 3rd rounder for you (for points for the Campo twins)

Don't get me wrong, he has probably been my favourite Blues player this season and I am gutted to see him go, but would be happy to see him at a club i like in North.

Could be a low key bargain but very important recruit for you guys.
I remain very intrigued / confused as to why he hasn't been offered a contract.

I remain very intrigued / confused as to why he hasn't been offered a contract.

Carlton is very very keen on bringing Dan Houston across and shred cap space. I think it's a piss poor move by the club letting Owies seemingly go personally

Carlton is very very keen on bringing Dan Houston across and shred cap space. I think it's a piss poor move by the club letting Owies seemingly go personally
And how do you propose you'll bring in DH and keep pick 12? The messaging out of the club is lolworthy imo

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would personally love Macrae (to add to Parker) at the club, just as mature ager and leadership.
Think he’d be the perfect guy to mentor someone like Tom Powell. Both guys aren’t too dissimilar in their play styles, and think he could really teach him a thing or two about running patterns, spread and how to link up more effectively.
At his best Macrae was an absolute ball magnet 30-35 possesions a game 🧲 and Powelly was also a big accumulator at junior level. Macrae definitely assist in helping him bridge that gap to replicate it at AFL level.

The best thing about getting Jack Darling is that he has to fight Jaidyn for the black belt on the first day of pre season training.
Each club can only have one "I know martial arts" type of guy.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back