Remove this Banner Ad

Hardeman Corr Archer
Macrae Logue Goater
McKercher Davies-Uniacke Scott
Xerri Sheezel Parker
Duursma Comben Simpkin
Curtis Larkey Darling

Teakle Powell Wardlaw Zurhaar
Desperately need a small fwd or two - Owies? Hope RHJ continues improving, he’s quick but needs to work on his defensive side. Need some zip up there

Just having a laugh at the irony of it all - though if we do pick up Darling I probably will start hyperventilating!
Well, Darling was AA as 2nd banana, and if our players start actually running to the right spots in our forward line (instead of the same one), that might be a plus.

I noted Duursma actually got on his bike in his 2nd game and took 11 marks against Freo, mainly between the arcs. We need some more of that.

IMHO, if Darling's performance trigger loan from West Coast spells doom for any of the following OOC 2025s, and he assists our forward set up, then he has done his job:

Nyoun
Pink
CCJ
Teakle
Ford
Maley

So is this the list of old new players for season 2025.

1. Parker
2. Macrae
3. Darling
4. Owies

I wasn't a fan of getting Waite at he time, I learnt much from that. I find it hard to believe folk are upset by bringing them all on board.

If that means the likes of Pink, Phillips, Powell, have reduced AFL time, not sure that's a bad thing. How we expect to be better without changing shit up.

100% correct.

Our development has been stunted by gifting too many games too early so some pressure for spots. Depth and better development in the 2’s will all help no end.

We absolutely need to shake things up and start aiming for wins - these or these types of players will help on many levels - most implosion developing the under 25’s and teaching us what real club culture and standards are.

Desperately need a small fwd or two - Owies? Hope RHJ continues improving, he’s quick but needs to work on his defensive side. Need some zip up there
Worse case scenario is Owies would put pressure on bobby dazzler for a spot, if bobby steps up to the plate its a win win as we have 2 serviceable small forwards,

It's going to be very strange celebrating Jack Darling's 300th in a North Melbourne jumper in Round 2

It's going to be very strange celebrating Jack Darling's 300th in a North Melbourne jumper in Round 2
With a 6 goal haul as he leads us to victory....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would imagine that McRae picks Collingwood over us?
Other than the reality … it’d be like having his dad as the coach 🤔🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Must say the stories circulating about Darling and why West Coke are happy to get rid of him are alarming.
Where can 1 such as I, read about said stories?

They're winding you up again pal.
I'm talking about what Scottywiper posted and the stories re his fitness being very questionable (injury wise). Lot of risk if we are paying $800k plus a year. I think he could be an asset if we could get two good years out of him but are there better buys, less risk.

Must say the stories circulating about Darling and why West Coke are happy to get rid of him are alarming.
really? I'm only going off the darling speculation thread on the draft forum, but WC posters are reasonably complimentary about him - happy to see him go to free up spots/cash, and while acknowledging he's not what he was, point to good training standards, fitness and his forward pressure (the latter checks out if you look at the stats - last year Darling ranked 17th in the league for I50 tackles for those who played 10 or more games, better than anyone at North bar Curtis)

Is that Jay Clarke all there? “Darling’s best years are behind him”. Every single over 30 player who is looking at potentially moving clubs ‘best years are behind them’. So no one should take Jack McRae as he isn’t as good as he was 4 years ago. We shouldn’t take Luke Parker as he isn’t as good as he was in he was 25.

Is that Jay Clarke all there? “Darling’s best years are behind him”. Every single over 30 player who is looking at potentially moving clubs ‘best years are behind them’. So no one should take Jack McRae as he isn’t as good as he was 4 years ago. We shouldn’t take Luke Parker as he isn’t as good as he was in he was 25.
Think it's a kind way of saying he's now shithouse. Captain cooked.

really? I'm only going off the darling speculation thread on the draft forum, but WC posters are reasonably complimentary about him - happy to see him go to free up spots/cash, and while acknowledging he's not what he was, point to good training standards, fitness and his forward pressure (the latter checks out if you look at the stats - last year Darling ranked 17th in the league for I50 tackles for those who played 10 or more games, better than anyone at North bar Curtis)
As I said I am going off what has been posted on BF. Only other contact I have is from a mate in WA who reckons he is carrying injuries which add to the risk. Not questioning his footballing ability,

I can definitely understand why we'd go after Parker and Macrae. Parker gives us leadership in spades, comes from the best development system in the comp and is still capable of winning games off his own boot. While I'm not the biggest fan of Macrae, he known how to find the footy, can play through the wings or across half back and has innate footy IQ and composure with ball in hand. While Macrae isn't overly defensive and a bit one paced, when he gets the ball you generally retain it, which is so important in modern footy. Both players are still capable of playing really good footy too, which is important.

Darling, I just don't get. He is an undersized key forward, in a more of a lead up style. Isn't much of a contested marking threat and his form has dropped away so badly that even the 3rd bottom side are willing to offload him for peanuts, to get him off the books. His leadership is questionable, and there has even been talk he has been coasting on the training track for the last couple of years. He is essentially going to play a similar role to Zurhaar. The fact remains, we need SPEED and CONTESTED MARKING threats in our forward line and I don't think he offers any of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back