List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes that would be fine or a top player. Only top player I can think of that’s available that’s close is Houston . But is he a top 4 ? Probably if we want to get him to us I suppose. A haul of Houston , Parker, Macrae and even Darling would certainly boost our experience. A player nearly on every line
I'm thinking a draft pick possibly.

Say Adelaide, as an example plucked from my freckle, offered pick 4 gambling on us running last to get Sharpe....and we took Armstrong at 4 to go along with Draper at 2....

That's what I'm thinking re similar value.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mixed feelings re Macrae.

Con: I know for a fact through someone that played with him that he is one of the laziest blokes you’ll see when it comes to training standards. Will bring very little Mon-Fri.

Pro: He’s better than Darcy Tucker and Dylan Stephens.

Now if only we could be sure that Clarkson would prioritise his minutes over the likes of Stephens, Fisher, Tucker and not Powell, Colby, Duurs, I’d be quite comfortable. Ah well…

To be fair, that doesn't sound particularly insurmountable, especially if we're actually replacing them with a-graders.
I doubt our list managers have it in them, they couldn't even let go an uncontracted Will Phillips.

It is years since we had an even vaguely balanced list, and I'm not seeing anything that suggests a long-term strategy to achieve one.

I'm thinking a draft pick possibly.

Say Adelaide, as an example plucked from my freckle, offered pick 4 gambling on us running last to get Sharpe....and we took Armstrong at 4 to go along with Draper at 2....

That's what I'm thinking re similar value.

They dont need us to finish last. If he doesn't have a great year they might get him with our pick straight out. If he's the next Reid or JHF they'd have the two first rounders to get it done. One likely a pick 4ish from us and theirs around 10ish.

If it was 2025 R1 for #4 this year because Adelaide has given up hope of getting Draper past us AND West Coast, I could very much live with it.

#2: Draper
#4: Armstrong
#22: Throw a dart

We'd be dancing with that draft. Three seasons in a row with two genuine top end talents.

That would be lovely. Throw in another KPD with a later pick...and tickety boo.

If Berry is gone Matt Whitlock at the second rounder with River Stevens as a rookie small forward and it's another tidy draft.

Someone will bet that they're getting a top 3 pick cheap (and the trend suggests they'd be right) and go for it.

Likely makeweight in a big multi club trade - Brady tends to do well in those too.

I like it, says we're sick of developing and want to start winning lots of games soon.

Someone will bet that they're getting a top 3 pick cheap (and the trend suggests they'd be right) and go for it.

Likely makeweight in a big multi club trade - Brady tends to do well in those too.

I like it, says we're sick of developing and want to start winning lots of games soon.
Yeah, Brady is a freak when it comes to those multi club trades.
The clubs list could not be in better hands.

We add Darling & Parker to our list which is already choc-a-block full of talent….we could be scary good. And I’m not talking 2030. I’m talking 2026, and maybe even 2025 with a bit of luck with injury.

I’ll give you a tip - don’t go booking overseas trips in September for the next decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would there be anything more North then trading a F1 that ends up being pick 1?
If we are worse then Richmond next year then there will be more to worry about then that scenario.

They dont need us to finish last. If he doesn't have a great year they might get him with our pick straight out. If he's the next Reid or JHF they'd have the two first rounders to get it done. One likely a pick 4ish from us and theirs around 10ish.
Well, whatever. No doubt if they thought we were a big chance to run last it would help.

Regardless, no reason why we wouldn't do it. The more sensitive will point to "wah, what if run last..."..but we're still getting a top 4 pick in return...

Yep, lazy, un-interested player that appears to be more interested in sitting on the list and getting the social media likes, and the social status that comes with being an AFL player.
Not many lazy and uninterested players start pre-season training in September, old bean.

1726196352024.png

Last edited:
Carlton delist Marchbank, Martin, Cuningham, Akuei and Mirkov
Marchbank can play but always injured wouldnt mind giving him a train on spot over the summer to go for the lti spot when brayden george goes on the LTI

Jack Martin could be a free backup option as a small forward likewise cuningham

As an outsider, looking in, I totally understand why you might target great pro's with a few years left in them, plus a couple of fringe players who will improve.

Jack Darling - trains to perfection, sets standards. He's kicked 500 goals.One of only 64 to ever do that in AFL/VFL history. he will organise the forward line - and protect blokes like RHJ and Duursma whilst they develop. Against GCS he had 22 disposals, 9 marks, 7 tackles and kicked 1.1 - he still can play, but a change of scenery might be all that's needed.

Matt Owies - kicked 33 goals this year as a small forward.

Luke Parker & Jack MacRae - these guys still have at least 2 very good years left. They will both get 30 a week and tackle as hard at the end of the last quarter as they did at the opening bounce. The physical protection they offer to McKercher, Sheezel etc is essential.

Caleb Daniel - The angst here I don't get. A 28 yr old Premiership Player, with an AA Jacket, Best and Fairest / Charlie Sutton Medal winner boasting 175 games of experience would absolutely be an upgrade on Zac Fisher.

If you can land most or all of these then you will win a lot of games next year.

Hawthorn will be getting Barrass and Battle next season, meaning a couple of our players will probably be looking for more 1st team footy next year.

Finn Maginness, Jai Serong, and Harry Morrison have been exceptional at VFL level and very strong performers when called upon. All are playing in the semi-final tonight, which speaks volumes about their ability.

We will hate to lose any of them (and a couple of other players not selected for finals may be gettable too) but other guys are in front of them. They'd all do a great job for you - and probably half the sides in the competition.

Cheers

Yeah, Brady is a freak when it comes to those multi club trades.

Agreed, he did very well when JHF walked out to construct that big trade - even getting AFL sign off - so we got Sheez AND George and then Goad.

The clubs list could not be in better hands.

Yep, Brady is a tried and true Shinboner with plenty of experience in the field and is widely respected.

We add Darling & Parker to our list which is already choc-a-block full of talent….we could be scary good. And I’m not talking 2030. I’m talking 2026, and maybe even 2025 with a bit of luck with injury.

Boooooring.

I’ll give you a tip - don’t go booking overseas trips in September for the next decade.

I genuinely believe people like you shouldn't be allowed to attend finals next time we make them, which will be sooner than you miserable soggy biscuiteers think.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back