List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's an idea. Rather than giving us priority picks or draft concessions or extra rookie spots, the league should just let us draft using hindsight. So we sit out the draft for a year, let everyone else's picks play a season, and then we choose retrospectively the year after and the clubs we steal from get a supplementary pick. Personally I could recommend a number of people to the club who are experts at hindsight drafting!
We would still F it up.

Here's an idea. Rather than giving us priority picks or draft concessions or extra rookie spots, the league should just let us draft using hindsight. So we sit out the draft for a year, let everyone else's picks play a season, and then we choose retrospectively the year after and the clubs we steal from get a supplementary pick. Personally I could recommend a number of people to the club who are experts at hindsight drafting!

Brilliant idea, and one worthy of me hoiking up me trousers and heading to Arden St and plonking that in the suggestions box.
Last time I was there, the suggestion box was overflowing, with well, ideas. Made me proud to be a part of NMFC.
As they were in abundance, and realising the fans had actually taken time out of their day to assist the club I took a quick peek.

" have youse thought about kicking more goals"
" Do you think kicking the ball to the advantage of our fowards is a worthy suggestion for your ****ing suggestion box".
This one was signed. " Can you **** off Brady Rawlings - Zondor".

So wasn't exactly what I thought I'd find in the suggestion box, but as we say.

It's only a suggestion, but we really should consider it.

Brilliant idea, and one worthy of me hoiking up me trousers and heading to Arden St and plonking that in the suggestions box.
Last time I was there, the suggestion box was overflowing, with well, ideas. Made me proud to be a part of NMFC.
As they were in abundance, and realising the fans had actually taken time out of their day to assist the club I took a quick peek.

" have youse thought about kicking more goals"
" Do you think kicking the ball to the advantage of our fowards is a worthy suggestion for your ****ing suggestion box".
This one was signed. " Can you **** off Brady Rawlings - Zondor".

So wasn't exactly what I thought I'd find in the suggestion box, but as we say.

It's only a suggestion, but we really should consider it.
I suggest no trousers as a hat tip to recent performances.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

They give us pick 4. They're not getting Draper with it. If Sharp goes pick 1 they'll need 2 good first rounders. If he slips a bit they might get him with our F1. A reasonable punt for them id think.

Be nice but can't see them giving up pick 4

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I suppose I numb to what we pay whoever, I don't give a **** tbh. Just don't swap valuable draft picks. The link is to the Hawfs top ten best trades of all time, how many ****en times do you think we get a ****en mention.

Not many lazy and uniteresed players start pre-season training in September, old bean.

View attachment 2109239
Not the first take I'd have on Ford that he is lazy. I think he needs obvious fitness and to my eye he struggle a bit as he very much plays on talent / instinct and perhaps finds the structural stuff at AFL level a big lesson.

We had a super talented but emotionally immature player walk out. Keeping him would have been to the detriment of the entire club.

We got another super talented player with actual shinboner qualities (and change) in exchange, and as a bonus ****ed the sook off out of our club.

It was great work by Brady, whatever else you think of his performance over the years.

I suppose I numb to what we pay whoever, I don't give a **** tbh. Just don't swap valuable draft picks. The link is to the Hawfs top ten best trades of all time, how many ****en times do you think we get a ****en mention.

I wish I hadn't clicked on that link. Deeply depressing stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me tell you something, I don't want any more comparisons between Jack Darling and Jarrad Waite, Shaun Higgins, Wayne Carey, Brett Chandler, Paul Geister, Glenn Gorman, Wade Kingsley or in fact anyone.
Personally, I think Darling could be one of our best late career signings since John Mossop. (Excluding those we aren't allowed to mention.)

At least we are brilliant at something 5/10 you wouldn't believe it if it wasn't true

Surely North go after Jack Martin? A short contract would be low risk for smaller-medium forward and ceiling well above Owies.

They love screwing us over. Can’t believe they have the gall to put the Jon Hay trade in there, what a pack of f&$&@!?.

We had a super talented but emotionally immature player walk out. Keeping him would have been to the detriment of the entire club.

We got another super talented player with actual shinboner qualities (and change) in exchange, and as a bonus ****ed the sook off out of our club.

It was great work by Brady, whatever else you think of his performance over the years.

This x infinity.

FWIW I would much prefer Jason had stayed and been fully invested, but he walked out and that's that.

Owies will now attempt to find a new home and has suitors at rival clubs after being told by the Blues they would need to wait until the trade period to assess his future.

He has kicked 60 goals in the last two seasons combined and ideally would stay at the Blues.

But given the impasse he has no other option but to start exploring that rival interest as a smart small forward who Champion Data ranked above average for forward 50 marks, ground ball gets and pressure as well as goals and accuracy after 33.13 for the season.

Last edited:
What a way to argue a point. Make a Homophobic Slur and call the counter argument boring. And FWIW JHF was contacted for an additional 12 months so yeah, it was an option not to trade him. :stern look
It was an option to hold him but Port's trade offer would have gone from pick 8 and F1 (16 became 20 - Goad), which we turned into pick 2, to 20(16) Goad and their 2024 R1 (pick 13-18). It's pretty obvious which offer is better.
The truth is staring you right in the face : burn look

Would appreciate it if they could engineer it some way that I wouldn't have to read any more sooking about us missing Chad Warner.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back