List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Owies will now attempt to find a new home and has suitors at rival clubs after being told by the Blues they would need to wait until the trade period to assess his future.

He has kicked 60 goals in the last two seasons combined and ideally would stay at the Blues.

But given the impasse he has no other option but to start exploring that rival interest as a smart small forward who Champion Data ranked above average for forward 50 marks, ground ball gets and pressure as well as goals and accuracy after 33.13 for the season.

come on north

If owies isn’t giving a **** off 600k x 5 deal like everyone else, I can see him being a player that actually wants to get better.

But if he does get that kind of deal everyone keeps getting around here. I see him coasting

There's an argument that we should've held JHF to his contract for a year and thereby all but guarantee Wardlaw goes to his childhood club * in lieu of Tsatas?

Are you mad?

And then JHF leaves anyway and we get much reduced compo.

Yep, that's the BIG BRANE position.

Owies will now attempt to find a new home and has suitors at rival clubs after being told by the Blues they would need to wait until the trade period to assess his future.

He has kicked 60 goals in the last two seasons combined and ideally would stay at the Blues.

But given the impasse he has no other option but to start exploring that rival interest as a smart small forward who Champion Data ranked above average for forward 50 marks, ground ball gets and pressure as well as goals and accuracy after 33.13 for the season.

Carlton are desperate for a small forward but are shopping his bloke around. Easy pass.

Would appreciate it if they could engineer it some way that I wouldn't have to read any more sooking about us missing Chad Warner.

We are the only club to draft a player who doesn't turn out to be a gun, and the only club to take a player ahead of another who becomes a gun.

Only us.

Personally, I think Darling could be one of our best late career signings since John Mossop. (Excluding those we aren't allowed to mention.)
You have triggered me now Tiberius. Even the memory of Mossop, along with Hay, Calthorpe and Bourke cause me to suffer conniptions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Jack Martin or Dion Prestia the king of soft tissue injuries ?

Here's an idea. Rather than giving us priority picks or draft concessions or extra rookie spots, the league should just let us draft using hindsight. So we sit out the draft for a year, let everyone else's picks play a season, and then we choose retrospectively the year after and the clubs we steal from get a supplementary pick. Personally I could recommend a number of people to the club who are experts at hindsight drafting!
Not that I'm cynical about our club at all, but I reckon that there's still a fair chance we'd get it wrong

You have triggered me now Tiberius. Even the memory of Mossop, along with Hay, Calthorpe and Bourke cause me to suffer conniptions.

Hay was the worst. Like lambs to the slaughter, we were. At least in the case of David "I'm a skinny man" Calthorpe, we knew he was washed up when he arrived. Or perhaps I thought I did, anyway.

Is Jack Martin or Dion Prestia the king of soft tissue injuries ?

I think I would nominate Martin. Prestia's hamstrings have held together long enough to see him become a premiership player.

But if Prestia ever becomes available, we should run a million miles in the opposite direction.

Rawlings has made some questionable decisions. Rawlings salvaged as much as he could out of the disastrous JHF situation. Both of these things can be (and are) true.

The only real blue in his time is the CCJ trade, and even then, every list manager has stuff ups.

I've heard that Noble was a key driver of that one too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back