List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

A future pick that you would back yourself in to be pick 4-6 at best isn’t terrible for a 27 year old All Australian standard that can give us 6 years.

6 years :joycat:

Pure copium.

The same as the posters trying to convince everyone the Darling recruitment is even remotely good. Laughing stock, desperation, maybe….

Making up percentages and pretending they’re authoritative is a novel way to argue someone’s talking nonsense mate.

Maybe divide 6 into 800 mate, that’s the current % of AFL players playing at that age.

1’s the games record holder of Geelong, 1’s the games record holder of Collingwood (only took 150 years to reach that mark….) 1’s the games record holder of Port, 1’s one the most durable ruckman in history.

But of course, you are setting a realistic bar…

We are not getting 150+ games out of 28 year old Dan Houston FFS.

We will be lucky to get 3-4 years of anything remotely quality, based on history it’s probably 2 at best at his age before a decline into an aging role player like Sidebottom, Howe, Bruest etc Who were 32 this year….

Given we aren’t likely to play finals next year, we get 1 quality year and maybe an ageing role player for a few years for maybe a top 5 pick?

Where **** do we sign?!?!

Last edited:

In a spooky coincidence, Melbourne paid pick 6 for Stephen May (don’t count that the other Kolojazni was thrown in). And 10 and a future first for Jake Lever. At some point if you want to get quality in with plenty of miles still ahead, and you can get them interested, you have to pay for it.

I honestly don’t feel as though North is yet at a point where we can attract high calibre or be ready to maximise the value of it when it arrives, but that’s a different discussion than whether a well performed player in their prime is worth high draft picks. They are.

Jake Lever moved at 22, there’s a big difference.

May moved when Melbourne were building, and he was a 26/27 year old KPD a big difference.

Last edited:
How many years then? 5? It’ll be up there for sure

He might be contracted for 5 or 6, but people just acting like that is going to be all at top quality is just….shakes head

There’s currently 8 x 30+ year olds in CD’s top 50 players.

The only two older than 32 are Dangerfield and Gawn, two of the best ever in their position.

The others are the likes of Neale ( a 2 x Brownlow winner), Trelaor (having a career year) and Libba.

I have absolutely no problem recruiting him, but at the right price. Our future first, our Pick 2 is absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

Brady and Clarko should be frog marched out of the joint for even letting it escalate from a brainstorming Friday arvo drinks sessions.

Houston is 27.

There are 234 players in the AFL who are at least 27 years old.

There are 48 players at least 32 years old.

So if he joins North, statistically, across the board, he has about a one in five chance of lasting five seasons.

But the flipside is that Houston is far more durable than a normal player, having averaged 21 games a season.

I wouldn't trade our F1 straight for him (and I'm not sure its been suggested that is what North is offering?), but in my mind there's not much doubt he's worth a pick in the 6-13 range.

Houston is 27.

There are 234 players in the AFL who are at least 27 years old.

There are 48 players at least 32 years old.

So if he joins North, statistically, across the board, he has about a one in five chance of lasting five seasons.

But the flipside is that Houston is far more durable than a normal player, having averaged 21 games a season.

I wouldn't trade our F1 straight for him (and I'm not sure its been suggested that is what North is offering?), but in my mind there's not much doubt he's worth a pick in the 6-13 range.
How many 27yr old dual all Australians?

No mention of Zane other than he is one of our most recent collection of first round picks. Seriously he is in the same picture as Dusty and Houston, they are just shite raking pricks in that organisation.
Faaarkkkkeeennn Media clowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Zane mentioned in the article?? Weird
Kinda:

“North Melbourne holds pick No.2 at this year's draft, behind Richmond at No.1. The Roos have used 10 first-round picks in the past four drafts, including seven in the past two years for the likes of Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw, Colby McKercher and Zane Duursma.”

Are we only in to Darling because Rawlings has a relationship with him from his West Coast days? I just don’t get it. Smells like Dennis bringing Micky to Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We're into him because our forward line is shithouse and doesn't create space or lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back