List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangely enough I think we should go for Tsatas this trade period, he’d be at his lower trade value ever.
And if B.Scott is the same as the old, he won’t be prioritising skills at training.
He might come along way under another coach.
He’d fetch a second rounder

Would consider a future second

Time to reunite him with his good mate warlord

There were a number of posters adamant Watson was what we needed and very disappointed he wasn’t either of our picks. Time will tell (TM).

Is Watson a gun small forward worthy of being a top 5 pick?

Yes.

Should we spend an equivalent amount of capital on a high end small forward at some point soon?

Yes.

Should we have taken Watson last year?

No.

Leaving Zane entirely out of it - because he's a very different player who I suspects ends up more like a Jordan Dawson at 25 - we didn't take Watson, and Watson works at Hawthorn, for a few reasons.

They also brought in Ginnivan, a young premiership winning small forward. They also had Breust. So Watson wouldn't get the best small defender.

For us he would have had a Blake Hardwick type sitting on him and squeezing his nuts every week. He wouldn't be the same Watson for us. Small forwards work best in pairs and Hawthorn brought him in make a pair. We'd be building around him.

Also, I reckon Watson is a classic WYSIWYG player. He comes pretty much fully formed and while yes he will put on size, he's always going to be a one position player, no matter how good he is at it.

At our stage of the list build, we can't afford to spend top 3 pick draft currency on high end role players.

The time when we can and should isn't far off at all - maybe even next year's draft/trade period.

All things going well, we should be putting big $$$ in front of him in say three years time.

Think that's gone, D.Motlop spoke at the club and expressed regret for leaving.

Was he drilling an inside out torp on his wrong foot from the pocket as he spoke?

I'd also give Tsatas a change of scenery for a pick in the 30+ range.

There's a lot right in his game, if you can minimise the downside.

Who's spot does he take though?

Yes.

Should we spend an equivalent amount of capital on a high end small forward at some point soon?

Yes.

No.

Leaving Zane entirely out of it - because he's a very different player who I suspects ends up more like a Jordan Dawson at 25 - we didn't take Watson, and Watson works at Hawthorn, for a few reasons.

They also brought in Ginnivan, a young premiership winning small forward. They also had Breust. So Watson wouldn't get the best small defender.

For us he would have had a Blake Hardwick type sitting on him and squeezing his nuts every week. He wouldn't be the same Watson for us. Small forwards work best in pairs and Hawthorn brought him in make a pair. We'd be building around him.

Also, I reckon Watson is a classic WYSIWYG player. He comes pretty much fully formed and while yes he will put on size, he's always going to be a one position player, no matter how good he is at it.

At our stage of the list build, we can't afford to spend top 3 pick draft currency on high end role players.

The time when we can and should isn't far off at all - maybe even next year's draft/trade period.

All things going well, we should be putting big $$$ in front of him in say three years time.
One thing that makes him tough to counter atm is how low he gets. He gets his head below knee level for FS. You heard the Port crowd pissed off about it, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the AFL deems going under tackles as he does is play on. He's playing to draw free kicks and its a farce on the game. That would be a 1/3 of his weaponry off the table.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

That's fair re Watson having other small forwards taking heat for him.

2025 will be interesting as teams put more time into the Hawthorn surprise players of this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could say basically the same thing with, we saw how quickly it tapers of and how exposed when biggy was out there.

Put simply biggy isnt backline depth, he is simply the product of a knee jerk reaction the shore up our kpd stocks that failed miserably.
Not a fair comparison. Both Logue and Chom have played many more games in defense than Biggy.
Biggy has played a total of 4 games in his career.

It was always going to be a speculative pick, that didn't cost us much. Unless they bring in other more experienced players for KPD depth, I think they retain him, give him more time to develop. If no improvement next year then they let him go at contract end.

Who's spot does he take though?
I see your point, it’s pretty hard to dislodge any of our top thirty players.

Jokes aside, we can’t keep replacing under preforming senior players with new draftees, picking up a kid who’s had a couple of years development wouldnt be the worst gamble. The kids got some wheels.

Hope whoever said we’re into Charlie Clarke from the Dogs was on the money. Great tackling pressure and has a bit of dog in him
Have watched him a few times. Definitely a defence first player and is zippy without being express. Like his mongrel as well.

Hope we get Parker early.
So I can just concentrate on Richmond tears when all there spuds net them bugger all as far as draft picks go.
Massive unrealistic expectations going on

Problem is a couple are contracted so do hold the cards and will be overpaid, particularly when dealing with gc and Freo who have ample firsts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Compete with the batch of flankers, runners and receivers who can't lock down a spot - Taylor, Stephens, Fisher etc.

I thought the issue was he's an inside mid who can't really play elsewhere coz his kicking.

We already have Will Phil in that spot and he can kick.

Problem is a couple are contracted so do hold the cards and will be overpaid, particularly when dealing with gc and Freo who have ample firsts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To a point yes.
Richmond fans are adamant though
Bolton for 9+10
Rioli for 6+13
Baker+9 for 3
Graham for a early second.
Keep Dreaming Episode 1 GIF by UFC

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back