List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Haynes to Carlton

That roosteve bloke reckons tis down to us, Essendon & Carlton for Konstanty
Essendon would be an awful move for him as they have Gresham, the Davey lads and Kako coming through this year and another small forward NGA next year.

Carlton will probably get him if they want him, might be why they are happy for Owies to go.

If we're serious about Darling we probably shouldn't wine and dine him.

The more he learns about our football club the less likely he is to sign.

Just send him a lanyard with a message "see you in December" and leave it
In my real job as a Project Manager (not a BG Junky😎) we often ask the question to define success at the end of a project. If we do take Darling for 2 years, then I would take this.

1. Plays 25 - 30 games (10-12 wins would be very nice).
  2. Averages 1.5 goals a game.
  3. Instills a training ethic and level of professionalism that some of our players buy into.
  4. Educates and shows the younger forwards structures that allowed Kennedy/LeCras/Allan/Ryan to kick all those goals.
  5. Subjects our young key backs to multiple bruising training sessions over the off season to harden up their bodies to the level required.
  6. Be a really decent team mate on and off the field and mentor 2-3 of our young guys (eg, Dawson/Duursma/Goad) as part of their continual growth and development.
  7. Turn back the clock and kick a bag of 5 goals when we play Wet Toast, and crunch Harley Reid in the same match.

Landing Konstanty would be immense. Would slot in straight away and provide much needed defensive pressure in our forward half.

Of all prospects linked with us, I'm most keen on him, quite easily too.

I really rated him in his draft year, but his VFL stats don't really jump off the page. In saying that it's good that his tackle numbers have improved this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, I dunno.

I'm concerned about the chicken banh mi. Anybody who goes past the roast pork and crackling has to be suss IMO.
Agree.

And if you don't take the chilli offered too you might as well walk away and order a hundreds and thousands sandwich from the local playcentre cafe.

i read that carlton has told 3 of their players to look elsewhere.

Matt kennedy is 27, 190cm 90kg inside mid with 120 games, isnt that perfect for us? Future 2nd.

Matt owies is also on the market, he kicked 33 goals. Future 3rd

Future second and third for guy's that have just been delisted? Ahahahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back