List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

“Players including Malcolm Rosas basically got told: ‘You come back in elite shape, or go and play with someone else’. Malcolm thought: ‘OK, I’ll go and play with someone else’. Found some suitors, then Gold Coast said: ‘No, you’re playing with us again’. It was a shot across the bows.

From a non favourable journo, this story could be written a totally different way, Hardwick embarrassed himself by having to back down from a hollow ultimatum, after a required player called his bluff.

the analogy I think of is reserve goalkeepers in the EPL; blokes you've never heard of, play round 3 in the FA Cup a couple of times and retire 10 years later
Yep Scott Carson Man City’s 3rd choice goalie 39 years old is a classic example getting paid £30,000 a week plenty of trophies barely plays a minute but is a big presence and a leader of the team.

Speaking of Hudson Garoni...... thoughts roos_fanatic08

There is no faulting his footy IQ and forward craft. He is super switched on off field and with his work ethic. Looks like he has dropped a kilo or two this year and is moving more freely while also maintaining his strength. I said this last year, and it still rings true, I see more of an AFL footballer in Garoni than someone like Pink.

I think Werribee have a 3 to 4 players that could comfortably be on an AFL list.

Bice, Brew and Garoni would be the obvious 3 but there are others too. After another pre-season into Jake Smith and Olly Northam and they will be putting their hands up for an opportunity.

Louis Pinnuck is another who I think could make the jump to AFL, classy and smart footballer.

Whoever their recruitment team is deserves serious kudos, it’s ridiculous how they have managed to replenish their list with young guns after losing Mannagh, Clohesy, Gribble and a few others last year.

There is no faulting his footy IQ and forward craft. He is super switched on off field and with his work ethic. Looks like he has dropped a kilo or two this year and is moving more freely while also maintaining his strength. I said this last year, and it still rings true, I see more of an AFL footballer in Garoni than someone like Pink.

Bice, Brew and Garoni would be the obvious 3 but there are others too. After another pre-season into Jake Smith and Olly Northam and they will be putting their hands up for an opportunity.

Louis Pinnuck is another who I think could make the jump to AFL, classy and smart footballer.

Whoever their recruitment team is deserves serious kudos, it’s ridiculous how they have managed to replenish their list with young guns after losing Mannagh, Clohesy, Gribble and a few others last year.
And convince people to play in Werribee. I’m m not being a smartarse, it is just off Broadway.

I would love it if we picked up some experienced VFL players, we keep going back to the same well of rejects from other clubs and getting the same poor results. Unfortunately I just don’t think these guys are on the radar of our list management team.

EDIT: What I mean is taking the best one or two from the VFL. We had the opportunity to take Shaun Mannagh last year but didn’t appear to have any interest in him whatsoever despite being desperate for a small forward the guy had 28 disposals and kicked 6 goals in the VFL Grand Final FFS.

Last edited:
I would love it if we picked up some experienced VFL players, we keep going back to the same well of rejects from other clubs and getting the same poor results. Unfortunately I just don’t think these guys are on the radar of our list management team.
It’s strange that we think standards and leadership only come from fringe players at afl level. Both are transferable from VFL players who have arguably faced more adversity to succeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like Dawson, Free, Pink, Teakle, Maley and Sellers?

It’s strange that we think standards and leadership only come from fringe players at afl level. Both are transferable from VFL players who have arguably faced more adversity to succeed.
It’s bizarre if anyone our young players could learn so much from them in terms of perseverance and resilience and yet we’ve picked up players like Dan Howe who bring nothing to the team.

“Players including Malcolm Rosas basically got told: ‘You come back in elite shape, or go and play with someone else’. Malcolm thought: ‘OK, I’ll go and play with someone else’. Found some suitors, then Gold Coast said: ‘No, you’re playing with us again’. It was a shot across the bows.

Wet paper bag is mad as hell.
GET FIT OR DONT COME BACK :triumph:

"no"

OKAY, COME BACK ANYWAY PLEASE

You mean like Dawson, Free, Pink, Teakle, Maley and Sellers?
Fair point however all of those are fringe players, stop gaps or project players.

What I mean by experienced, but didn’t spell out, was taking the best one or two from the VFL. We had the opportunity to take Shaun Mannagh last year but didn’t appear to have any interest in him whatsoever despite being desperate for a small forward the guy had 28 disposals and kicked 6 goals in the VFL Grand Final FFS.

Last edited:

Thanks roos_fanatic08 appreciate it

Robbo suggested on 360 that we should go after Jeremy Howe. Can play forward or back, doesn't look done. I don't mind it.

We're copping a lot of shit online about going after darling and not a 'legitimate' player.
Do they not realise that we've put our hand in the ring for numerous players over the years and not been able to get any of them?..
And rightly so. Because Darling is cooked. But apparently will set the training standards. Not sure what the Coaches are there for. In all seriousness…. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back