List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell. Houston was pick 45 in the 2016 rookie draft. Got a rising star nom in his first season (2017).

C’mon Brady, Thurstfield et al, give us some of that action. I honestly don’t think I can stomach dealing with tarps.
Sure, its not the rookie draft, but we did take Xerri at pick 72 and Larkey at pick 73.

One was the best ruckman playing this year, the other got 3rd in last year's Coleman and an AA.

Not too shabby.

Nah I just forgot the password to the internet/lost the phone where it auto logged in!

Sent an email didn't receive a response so added 1 and started new account!

That's all i got for you Gaso, wish there was more to it but there isn't.

That’s funny af because it’s so mundane

Not sure what you're getting at, bud?

LDU us getting paid. If the club thinks they can lowball him with 700k a year, then good luck with that. He will get a million, and he won't hold the club to 'ransom'

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I certainly don't think we will lowball him. And pure spitballing, I doubt any delays over signing would be due to money, because we have the cap space. I figure he wants to see our progression, which is purely speculation. My concern is if the club thinks that is the reason, and at the same time those in power are feeling pressure to show improvement, it could be make for ideal conditions to over reach in the trade period for a short term hit. Like I said, I have seen plenty of sports teams do it before, and our track record at the best of times is spotty.

Last edited:
Im honestly curious as to what some supporters think our direction is now?

Has this big pivot been AFL instigated, i.e an ultimatum to get better immediately? It's a huge change in course from just getting some fringe experience players who don't mind playing VFL football in rolling 1 year deals.

Darling, Parker, Houston (admittedly doesn't sit with these two on current form).

We reportedly went hard at Jack Macrae with a proposition of uniting him with Finlay supposedly.

What the hell is this team now?

Yes we are shit, but we at least showed some genuine promise this year, surrounded by some diabolical performances.

We have a very promising group of young players, but plenty of holes on the list to still fill.

What is honestly the purpose of this? Experience, Leaders for the younger players? What about the current leaders with currency?

At what expense? We still need to build a contending side around these young players and a bunch of players who will be retired or near it in 3 years is not the answer at the expense of building the players Sheezel, Wardlaw, Colby are going to need.

Are we a young developing team or some side now burnt out from top to bottom and desperate to be middle of the road and out of the pressure cooker?

Or does the club genuinely just want to climb out of the doldrums and will be content with a Essendon/St Kilda mid table existence?
I would have thought it’s very obvious in that our veterans / leaders are not cutting the mustard. Not up to it. We need players who have experienced success to help guide this ship.

What line is that?

Country Music Old Town Road GIF by Lil Nas X

Ouch.

Strangely, I wonder if the guy taken by Freo at the next pick (Matt Uebergang) is related to a Nathan Uebergang that l knew. Can’t be too many Uebergangs floating around.
Nathan Uebergang = The bang

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston talk is a bit of a free hit for the media. Gives them the opportunity to talk about what theoretical pick swaps might happen with our F1 when things dry up a bit with the trade news.
They'd know Port want picks this year and Houston likely has no interest in coming to a bottom three team not in the window at 27 years old and that we haven't spoken.
Also, Freo's picks as likely heading for Bolton or Baker and I'd suggest they'd draft with whatever they have left.
I think we might struggle to get any takes to trade 2 or split a F1 but it's fun to talk about.
All the talk does for us is suggest we're active in the market this year and next year (Callaghan?).

I think Houston's Chad/Kane Cornes looking big head and nose suits a Saints and Blues jumper.
Just looks weird that big head and snoz on a North jumper. No bueno, face doesn't work. Trade denied.

Yeah he's the reason Houston is looking for another job and why port is ok with trading him.
Bergman, evans and farrell have taken his role.

They haven't taken his role, suspension has taken his role. When available they tend to play berg Farrell and Houston with berg more the 3rd tall def... Evans usually coming off the bench.... but if they get in either cumming or perryman for free then they get a replacement and back in the first rd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wouldn’t be against Jack Martin as a DFA

As a free shot at the stumps, why not.
I didn't realise he's 29! For someone with his injury history that is kinda old. I'd happily offer him a contract that stipulated we'd pay you $700k next year if he managed 15 games and same again in 2026 and 2027 and 2028.

I'd then put down the phone and wait! No need to waffle, they are our terms.

Would add a dash of hardness and class where we need it, if he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back