List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

What the **** lol

Martin is probably a top 5 most regularly injured player in the competition and is sporadic at best when actually fit, as the fourth best forward in Carlton's forward line

Absolutely not

They haven't taken his role, suspension has taken his role. When available they tend to play berg Farrell and Houston with berg more the 3rd tall def... Evans usually coming off the bench.... but if they get in either cumming or perryman for free then they get a replacement and back in the first rd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Taken his role to the point he's All Australian....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Absolutely in the race for Houston
Re Parker - “I think North Melbourne are firmly in this race and are a very good chance to get him”
Re Riley Garcia - "Port , North have all looked out for him"

Last edited:

Dan Houston (Port Adelaide)

On North Melbourne’s interest:

“He obviously has to make a decision on where he wants to go and who is actually able to get a deal done,” Twomey said on SEN Breakfast.

“I’m still looking at North Melbourne as a possibility. It was reported last week that St Kilda were out of the race, I think North Melbourne’s in the race.

“They have a future first-round pick on the table to get something done.

“For Port Adelaide though, they want the pick or picks in this year’s draft. The future first-round pick on the table from North, they can potentially turn that into a pick early in this year’s draft as well. That’s a possibility.

“They’re now in that race alongside Collingwood, Carlton and the Western Bulldogs.

“So there’s four (clubs in the race) with North around the fringes there. They’re probably at the back end but they’re in the race.”

Luke Parker (Sydney)

On North’s interest:

“I think North Melbourne is firmly in this race and are a very good chance to get him.”

Riley Garcia (Western Bulldogs)

On interest from multiple clubs:

“He’s got some interest out there. He’s got a two-year offer from the Bulldogs.

“Port Adelaide, West Coast, North Melbourne (and St Kilda) have all had a look at him at different points, so he’s got a decision to make.”

Can’t get Darling as he takes up a list spot, and he plays a position we currently have a SANFL full back in.

But we should go for a Jack Martin, who has played about 5 games in 10 years, and is a mid sized forward which we currently have 47 of.

Who is the North Houston mail coming from? North or Port?

Cal just really seems to go be going out of his way to mention North whenever Houston is brought up. I can't help but scratch my head at the fact that when pushed on it, he says that of the four clubs North are the least likely. Is it Port pushing North are offering more to drive his value up? Is it North trying to prove that we aren't going to die wondering?

Bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal just really seems to go be going out of his way to mention North whenever Houston is brought up. I can't help but scratch my head at the fact that when pushed on it, he says that of the four clubs North are the least likely. Is it Port pushing North are offering more to drive his value up? Is it North trying to prove that we aren't going to die wondering?

Bizarre.
Reasonable assumption.

Port like our bait.

Houston likes the other clubs.

North is the family friend geek who mamma would love to date her daughter.

The other clubs are the jocks and lost souls her daughter actually will date.

Bizarre.
Houston’s management trying push up salary offers and incentivise the other suitors to get real with their pick offerings?

Bizarre.

He said right at the end when he listed the 4 clubs that “North is on the fringe”… which is odd because North were the club he led with.

Reasonable assumption.

Port like our bait.

Houston likes the other clubs.

North is the family friend geek who mamma would love to date her daughter.

The other clubs are the jocks and lost souls her daughter actually will date.

Port would be pushing hard for North because we’re a candidate for pick 1 next year and they’d be eyeing Sharp.

He said right at the end when he listed the 4 clubs that “North is on the fringe”… which is odd because North were the club he led with.
“On the fringe” as far as Houston’s concerned, not as far as Port’s concerned, I’m guessing

Does Garcia suit us at all? Not really familiar with his game.
7d39b4b198b9c0d10ce05f5c95c0336b.jpg

We can scare everyone else with salary and trade bait, it also seems Houston is looking for the right fit in Victoria (yes, yes he's said he doesn't want to leave Port) instead of just picking Collingwood and saying get it done. Dropping out on Melbourne was telling, he could be an addition that steadies them back into finals but the atmosphere clearly sucked. I'd say the deeper truth is he just wants to come to Victoria and Port are presenting as unwilling even though they may well have already brought in his replacement via FA.

Val, after your big tantrum about picking up Darling, I bet it feels pretty weird to see north are going to actually bring him over.

Strike 3 Val. I remember the conversation, and I have a photographic memory

View attachment 2114680

Are you ****ing with me? I honestly don’t remember doing that. I don’t remember a lot though…

“On the fringe” as far as Houston’s concerned, not as far as Port’s concerned, I’m guessing
It's how it should be. He's contracted and wants to return to Vic. Fine. Port should be able to take the best offer. Otherwise he stays where he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back