List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, I can I can tell you North have approached Konstanty. So have other clubs. His preference is to stay at the Swans if he can but just wants to play footy so is open to a move. Fits a need and would be great in the Blue and White but will come down to the offer and opportunity presented. I hope we get him but am not sure at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pick 40 and future 3rd for Parker and konstanty

Get it done brady and will

Haven't followed the thread or been reading, so not sure if this has been discussed, but would way rather Matt Kennedy if we can get him over Macrae. Younger, more versatile and can play forward in a pinch. Hope we are looking hard into this.
Lol you are on the wrong team board

Not the saints board

Haven't followed the thread or been reading, so not sure if this has been discussed, but would way rather Matt Kennedy if we can get him over Macrae. Younger, more versatile and can play forward in a pinch. Hope we are looking hard into this.
Go Away Leave GIF by Martin

It would be pick 2 or our future first at a minimum.
This what fa will give them next year they won't accept less.
If we are giving up pick 2 for Balta then we have overpaid.

He's good, but if we're giving up pick 2, I reckon there are better established players we could get.

Yeah. I think an argument can also be made that 4-5 good, experienced, proven senior players in one hit into the 23 can act as a reset of the culture of shitting the bed and expecting to lose in a way that 1-2 can't.
Dont complain when we keep losing then. You're adding 5 experienced players only moving because they're being forced out to add to our senior types that would be in the same situation.

Last edited:
If we are giving up pick 2 for Balta then we have overpaid.

He's good, but if we're giving up pick 2, I reckon there are better established players we could get.
We'd be foolish to go for him this year, but perhaps its about letting him know we're serious so he doesn't sign next year and available as a FA.

They aren’t saying those players are better. They are saying the opportunity cost is getting a top top young player who is closer to our core group age of 23 and is more likely to be around for our next premiership

We have a lot of players around 25/26 too! So Houston at 27 is one yr older! Larkey x LDU Scott Logue Jy bull just to name a few

Last edited:
NM trades f1, f2 to Adelaide 4, 25
NM trades 2, 4, 22 to Richmond 6, 10, 41, Balta

NM trades 10 for Houston
NM trades 41 for Parker
NM trades 58 for Darling

6, 25, 40, 64

6 - Armstrong
25 - Hannaford
40 - Gerreyn
64 - Stevens

Balta eqiv. pick 6, but they get to pick the eyes out of their 1st rebuilding draft.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I got to the 2nd word! That I know of you can't trade F1 and F2 so that's the end of your trade!

Apart from the fact not sure why ade would trade their first when they need a gun young homegrown midfielder like Draper anyway

Really? I would have thought they’d jump at it. Houston is a good player and wants out, he turns 28 in May and is not a needle mover type player.

If they truely don’t want our F1st then they must want to keep him. North will most likely have a top 5 pick next draft, which tbh is overs for Houston.

Not sure about not being a needle type player. For us he def would be. A gun elite hb who would make us automatically better from hb. How many times have we stuttered to get out this year... he would instantly change that. Pick 1-5 would be over paying should be more 10-15 and I'm sure they are asking for something back but if want him then will have to pay higher price. It happens... I'm sure Coll paid pick 10 plus a 2nd rd pick for Schultz

We'd be foolish to go for him this year, but perhaps its about letting him know we're serious so he doesn't sign next year and available as a FA.

All depends on the price this year... to me we'd be foolish to wait next year when there will be 17 other clubs that may want him. FA doesn't mean he will come to us. Who was the last FA to come to us?

Problem is price this year could be too high... rich potentially get comp pick 2 or 3 next year so at a guess our 2 this year would be the price

All depends on the price this year... to me we'd be foolish to wait next year when there will be 17 other clubs that may want him. FA doesn't mean he will come to us. Who was the last FA to come to us?

Problem is price this year could be too high... rich potentially get comp pick 2 or 3 next year so at a guess our 2 this year would be the price

To trade for him he needs to want to come to us and as a FA he'd have to as well. Its not like we can force him against his will with trading. And Tiges getting pick 2 is unlikely, he's not worth that much.

Dan Houston (Port Adelaide)

On North Melbourne’s interest:

“He obviously has to make a decision on where he wants to go and who is actually able to get a deal done,” Twomey said on SEN Breakfast.

“I’m still looking at North Melbourne as a possibility. It was reported last week that St Kilda were out of the race, I think North Melbourne’s in the race.

“They have a future first-round pick on the table to get something done.

“For Port Adelaide though, they want the pick or picks in this year’s draft. The future first-round pick on the table from North, they can potentially turn that into a pick early in this year’s draft as well. That’s a possibility.

“They’re now in that race alongside Collingwood, Carlton and the Western Bulldogs.

“So there’s four (clubs in the race) with North around the fringes there. They’re probably at the back end but they’re in the race.”

Luke Parker (Sydney)

On North’s interest:

“I think North Melbourne is firmly in this race and are a very good chance to get him.”

Riley Garcia (Western Bulldogs)

On interest from multiple clubs:

“He’s got some interest out there. He’s got a two-year offer from the Bulldogs.

“Port Adelaide, West Coast, North Melbourne (and St Kilda) have all had a look at him at different points, so he’s got a decision to make.”

That would be so good. Fine with f1 for Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont complain when we keep losing then. You're adding 5 experienced players only moving because they're being forced out to a swap of our senior types that would be lucky to get a game anywhere else.
Yeah. That's what I said.

To trade for him he needs to want to come to us and as a FA he'd have to as well. Its not like we can force him against his will with trading. And Tiges getting pick 2 is unlikely, he's not worth that much.

My point was this year his choice could be north or tigers.... if you get to FA it could be north rich and maybe another 3-4 clubs

Crazy that ppl are still trying to penny pinch with our first rounders.

I feel zero excitement at the thought of drafting more kids.

Just spend it and bring in what we need. Im tired of losing.

It is def a disease on here... the need for the best shiny new toys each year

Get Houston Parker Balta darling don’t worry about and some young key fwds /backs in draft with later pick

Those 4 would dramatically change the team.... added experience across every line. But we still need an early kpf aswell as a later one... and a couple of smalls. Think something has to give and it would be balta for me... prefer that 2 to be split and get a berry and Armstrong

Sounds like Parker is happening.

So with him and Darling we will have added an experienced premiership/AA quality player to our forward line and midfield.

Get Houston and we've done it with the defence as well. We miss Houston and we can still try and get someone who fits that bill like a Caleb Daniel.

While very possibly retaining (if we trade our F1) a top 3 pick in this year's draft.

And people shitcan Brady Rawlings jesus.

Isn't Balta a free agent next year? Just buy him for $$$ then.

He is but as I've said multiple times... there won't just be us throwing money at him, whereas this year potentially is only us.... not saying either is right all depends on the situation.... all risk and reward. obviously FA is best if you can guarantee he will choose us but you can't guarantee that and he can't agree a year in advance either as he wouldn't know who would come at him next year...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back