List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon Reid will play at least 2 years at WC. I don't think that he'll force his way out after 1 year.

If he does come back to Vic then * and Pies will match whatever we can, money wise, and they have the kicker of Anzac Day to clear us.

Lol yes it sure is, Robbie played 2 games for the Swan and 3 for us, delisted twice. He did kick 7 goals during his 5 game career.
This McDonalds hype is just plain rubbish. He's better than CCJ , but not by much.

well 77 goals in 58 games nothing to scoff at...

after all, we don't have anyone after larkey.

Has this been raised before regarding Scott? That's a pretty incredible statement. Who wrote it?

The club not "being rushed" on a new contract offer (despite having mountains of cap room) can only mean a few things.

- Bailey's manager is asking for overs, or there is a big gap in expectation. It would seem based on that article the club hasn't even offered him a new deal yet for it to be rejected though.

- It can't be list spots etc. He's not a candidate for delisting and there's 10 others that would come before him.

It must mean one of the following then:

- The club want to lowball him to an extent and don't deem him worthy of a long deal/large wage.

Or

- The club must be shopping him. Maybe with the view with McKercher, Duursma and maybe another mid this year, there's an honest conversation had/to be had about his long term future?

- By extension, Bailey wants to explore his options?

- Or both?

Anyway, a fairly big development for a senior player of ours.
Bailey exploring

I want to keep Bailey but I don't think that he's in your 10 best players if you're a finals side, or your 15 best if you're a premiership contender. So his salary has to reflect that.

His disposal has improved but his mistakes, when they happen, just become so costly.

You almost have to wonder sometimes if it's deliberate. He won't just miss a forward, he'll kick it to the exact defend who is perfectly positioned to rebound fast.

On the weekend he was good, but he had one turnover where he was under pressure and centred a handball to 5 demons players at the top of the 50, who were in an unstoppable position. Like, you have to know the spots that you don't dump the ball to.

Even if his disposal efficiency isn't bad, it feels like every bad disposal leads to a goal, when I'm watching him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is from us Zak Evans.. whoever the faark you are..

Throwing Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Going to end in tears for someone like Collingwood.

Imagine having no picks for the next 2 seasons and you have a bomb of a year.
Yeah. But Collingwood have a bold and cunning plan. Don’t go to the bottom of the ladder:
Magpies president Jeff Browne told the Herald Sun earlier this year the club would aggressively target rival stars.

“We don’t intend to go to the bottom of the ladder, so we can never really rely on the draft,” Browne said.

Fremantle and West Coast have been jostling each other in the race for WA-born key forward Logan McDonald.

McDonald, 22, grew up a Collingwood supporter. While McDonald is from WA, he grew up in Dunsborough – which is 250km south of Perth.
WA-born, but right out of the womb realised Collingwood was the centre of the earth.

I want to keep Bailey but I don't think that he's in your 10 best players if you're a finals side, or your 15 best if you're a premiership contender. So his salary has to reflect that.
Fyi - average salary for an AFL footballer in 2027 is expected to be $519,000, and if you're expecting him to be an above-average player (ranked 10-15 out of 45 or so on the list), his salary will be higher than a lot of people might expect.

I’ll put a bet on that luke is higher at round 15? Get the mods involved, $50, if you dont pay, 6 month suspension.

Put ya money where your mouth is. Lukey Mac higher than Baily at riund 15. EEEEZZZZY MONEY. Come on, put it on
Multi sig crypto wallet solves it

Fyi - average salary for an AFL footballer in 2027 is expected to be $519,000, and if you're expecting him to be an above-average player (ranked 10-15 out of 45 or so on the list), his salary will be higher than a lot of people might expect.
So what might a competitive offer for Bailey look like? $650k over 3 years?

So what might a competitive offer for Bailey look like? $650k over 3 years?
We'll know by what other clubs offer him in dollars and us in trade value.
If another club is offering that they should be offering a pick around 25 at worst and if thats the case we may well take the pick given our other options for his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back