List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose my point is we are no worse than most teams when it comes to 2nd round picks. Lets look at a few top teams Swans in the same period i mentioned .2 really good picks Pies no one of note what so ever. The Blues maybe 1 in Cowen who looks alright. GWS 1 in Briggs. Cats no one of note. I could go on but i think i have proven my point.

Agreed can't wait to pump Carlton on Sunday.

I suppose my point is we are no worse than most teams when it comes to 2nd round picks. Lets look at a few top teams Swans in the same period i mentioned .2 really good picks Pies no one of note what so ever. The Blues maybe 1 in Cowen who looks alright. GWS 1 in Briggs. Cats no one of note. I could go on but i think i have proven my point.
Yeah fair enough. There was a period we were spectacularly bad with second rounders but that was a while ago now.

Today I spoke to a bloke I know well who works with some north players and lots of players from all teams in putting on sportsman nights and he told me today LDU and zurharr both staying at both signings will be announced over next few weeks 7years LDU 5 years cam only what I have been told let’s hope it’s all true
Hopefully. Length of deals sounds about right.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

So are you saying that they have drafted better than us in the 2nd round in the last 5-6 years and if not what are you talking about. Cause that's what this conversation is about.

Is your cut off point 2018 so you don't need to include the previous two years?

I initially thought you were speaking nonsense. But that is probably just trauma from us picking Will Walker in 2017 when every other second rounder that year turned out to be a gun. But looking back over the last 5 or 6 six years, only Melbourne (Sparrow, Jordan, Rivers, Howes) have been good at. Everyone else has more misses than hits.

Well i could if you like but how far would you like to go back and in that case you would most likely still come up with roughly the same sinario. I can look into it if it concerns you that much.

We didn't take a second rounder in 2018 but the four drafts before hand were absolute shit compare to the ones since.

Even the players we've drafted and delisted in the 2019 draft, or Lazz in 2020 showed more than all of them except EVW. Some people might say Ryan Clarke was okay but he wasn't really. He was Dylan Stephens without the skills speed.

We didn't take a second rounder in 2018 but the four drafts before hand were absolute shit compare to the ones since.

Even the players we've drafted and delisted in the 2019 draft, or Lazz in 2020 showed more than all of them except EVW. Some people might say Ryan Clarke was okay but he wasn't really. He was Dylan Stephens without the skills speed.
Yeah you are right but the discussion is about other clubs drafting in the 2nd round compared to ours and not many clubs are any better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you are right but the discussion is about other clubs drafting in the 2nd round compared to ours and not many clubs are any better.
remember that list of how many games players average compared to their draft position?

By the time you're halfway thru the second round its becoming a bit chancy on whether someone will play even 50 games iirc.

remember that list of how many games players average compared to their draft position?

By the time you're halfway thru the second round its becoming a bit chancy on whether someone will play even 50 games iirc.
Just goes to show how having less and less access to top 20 picks in further eroding competitive balance. Luck of genetics and nga zone becoming more important by the year.

Just goes to show how having less and less access to top 20 picks in further eroding competitive balance. Luck of genetics and nga zone becoming more important by the year.

hence we must get the northern territory, whole lots of it plus darwin plus it has to be academy for all

Can we not go for miles bergman from port? I know he has 2 years to go but come on. If not, when they are up, straight in for L Mcdonald.

I'll be pissed if we don't go after a few mid 20yr olds this year. No more kids who needs years to develop plz
Really? We've seen the quality of mid-twenties players who will come to us over the last couple of years. We have been paying up for fringe players.

This is one of the last drafts before Tassie come in and it looks very deep. I would much rather take another four or five at the draft.

If Dan Houston is "gettable", we should be throwing it at him. He ticks almost every box we need. Good defender, beautiful disposal, a leader and in the right age bracket.

Pick 2 for Houston and Port's first pick. Maybe Ollie Lord thrown in if Port finish top 6.

But we are not really in the window at the moment or the finals for that matter.

I agree if we are a top 4 side, we give 2 firsts.

Really? We've seen the quality of mid-twenties players who will come to us over the last couple of years. We have been paying up for fringe players.

This is one of the last drafts before Tassie come in and it looks very deep. I would much rather take another four or five at the draft.
Yeah but we need to bolster the seniors not the reserves at this point.
I'm all for drafting kids, but I dont think we can afford to pass up the next round of Stephen wells mature aged Gems.

Larkey is 26, Ldu 25 etc. I want 5+ years of these guys at the top of the ladder winning games at the roos, not 2-3 with the current trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back