List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see in this years draft there's a plethora of mids, do you trade pick 1 to Adelaide for thillithorpe and their first? You get a fwd to team with larkey. Or do you go after Max king with pick 1?
I don't think you need any more mids to be honest

I see in this years draft there's a plethora of mids, do you trade pick 1 to Adelaide for thillithorpe and their first? You get a fwd to team with larkey. Or do you go after Max king with pick 1?

We probably need 1 more but they need to versatile in being able to play another position. Finn O'Sullivan or Lalor would be a good fit for us imo.

Outside of that, it's a Key Forward and Small Forward.

Yeah you are right but the discussion is about other clubs drafting in the 2nd round compared to ours and not many clubs are any better.
I don't think Carlton are better or worse than us if you limit it to 2nd round picks taken (TDK is a good hit for them), but if you look through their team, they have done a lot better our of trading their 2nd (and later) round picks. They have also done far better out of the PSSD, MSD, Rookie draft etc.

I don't think Carlton are better or worse than us if you limit it to 2nd round picks taken (TDK is a good hit for them), but if you look through their team, they have done a lot better our of trading their 2nd (and later) round picks. They have also done far better out of the PSSD, MSD, Rookie draft etc.
Yes i would agree to most of that but as i said i was responding to posts saying that our 2nd round picks are terrible But if you find the time to actually look you will realize there no worse than most teams. Its a myth we are terrible at it we are no worse than most when it comes to 2nd round picks.

But we are not really in the window at the moment or the finals for that matter.

I agree if we are a top 4 side, we give 2 firsts.

Give two firsts for who? Houston? Come on please. He would be great for us, but won't be worth our first let alone a couple

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Give two firsts for who? Houston? Come on please. He would be great for us, but won't be worth our first let alone a couple

In fairness he said "if we were a top 4 team". In that situation you might if you thought he complemented us, they might be late in the round.

You would do it in a heartbeat if we lived in a fantasy land where the Crows would entertain such an offer. But in reality they would be telling us to GTFOOH.

Come on mate. He'd be worth the first on the north tax alone.

paraphrasing but some geelong bloke recently said when drafting they prioritise effort and footy hunger over skill and talent. obviosuly not that it's not needed, just the order of importance.

think i'm starting to believe it.

all the talent in the world can go in the bin if the kid doesn't live and breathe footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see us splitting our first. Unless it’s to end up with Trainor and change. It would be risky though and would need a buyer. Wouldn’t trade out of the top 7.

Would like to see us bundle our second and F2 into the first round this year though for the right price.

F1 should be on the table for the right price also. We should be anticipating to start our climb next year, and getting another kid early would help while LDU etc hit their prime.

Unfortunately, we don’t have much chop in terms of expendable players / worth something, to sweeten any deals.

Personally, I’d let Zurhaar walk, if it was going to result in band 1 compo.

Really? We've seen the quality of mid-twenties players who will come to us over the last couple of years. We have been paying up for fringe players.

This is one of the last drafts before Tassie come in and it looks very deep. I would much rather take another four or five at the draft.
Yep totally agree. We're not going to get anybody that's quality right now.
Use UFA (Isaac Cumming?) as no draft capital or a F3/F4 for a Konstanty or a F2/F3 exchange for a Gruz perhaps, otherwise I don't see that much out there. Perhaps a salary dump trade from another team is another option.
I want 4-5 picks in a draft this deep and there are better players like Mac Andrew, Bergman or Callaghan OOC end of 2026 that perhaps you could target but I'd probably think they stay at their clubs.

That list also confirms you trade out of the top 5 at your peril.

Splitting picks advocates take note.
I'm with you - more importantly, I think the club is too.

Lots of people saying with a deep draft, we need to trade in from next year, but assuming most of the industry is of the same view, it's not clear who's going to trade out

They're not even bothering with LDU which is good.

I'd be interested to kick the tyres on Braeden Campbell this year. Can't seem to crack that side with any regularity.

They're not even bothering with LDU which is good.

I'd be interested to kick the tyres on Braeden Campbell this year. Can't seem to crack that side with any regularity.

Because he's not very good.

He's drifting towards Dylan Stephens territory.

Interesting you don't hear the media give the Swans the same amount of shit that they give Phillips for someone taken 2 picks later.

McDonald and Campbell are a horrible return for Pick 4 & 5 when looking at neighboring drafts.

They are just fortunate they struck the lottery with Gulden that year.

The following year those picks are Daicos & Mac Andrew, 2 years prior it's Rozee & Max King.

Yes i would agree to most of that but as i said i was responding to posts saying that our 2nd round picks are terrible But if you find the time to actually look you will realize there no worse than most teams. Its a myth we are terrible at it we are no worse than most when it comes to 2nd round picks.
Since the start of our rebuild, the 2nd rounders look to be solid (updated):

YearPickPlayerCurrent TeamGames Since DraftedYearPickPlayerCurrent TeamGames Since Drafted
2019​
----
2010​
-B.Scott Era--
2​
31​
Charlie CombenNorth Melbourne23
2​
40​
Tom CurranDelist 160
2​
34​
Jack MahonyGold Coast44
2012​
2​
35​
Flynn PerezDelist 202324
2​
37​
Ben JacobsRetired64
2020​
----
2​
41​
Mason WoodSt. Kilda65
2​
36​
Charlie LazzaroNorth Melbourne39
2013​
----
2​
42​
Phoenix SpicerDelist 202312
2​
30​
Trent DumontTraded 21113
2021​
----
2014​
----
2​
22​
Josh GoaterNorth Melbourne12
2​
25​
Daniel NielsonDelist 187
2​
35​
Paul CurtisNorth Melbourne53
2​
36​
Ed Vickers-WillisDelist 2021
2​
38​
Miller BergmanNorth Melbourne14
2015​
----
2022​
----
2​
31​
Ryan ClarkeTraded 1840
2​
26​
Brayden GeorgeNorth Melbourne0
2​
33​
Mitchell HibberdDelist 184
2023​
2016​
----
N/AN/AN/AN/A0
2​
34​
Declan WatsonDelist 190
-----
2​
36​
Josh WilliamsDelist 182
-----
2017​
-----
2​
23​
Will WalkerDelist 216
-----
2018​
----
-----N/AN/AN/AN/A0

Last edited:

if he was ooc then it's less but also for a player like him, if we are in the window then it's in the high 10s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back