List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't make me tap the sign.
View attachment 2077794

Only had a lazy 39 disposals and 2 goals in a winning grand final.
It is pretty funny to me that people are willing to turn down Petracca in favor of keeping what is essentially a lottery ticket. There are no guarantees in football and what this team needs is some professionalism and winning mentality. Petracca has that in spades.

However, I do not think he will leave.

The value of a pick 2 is only worth the player you can obtain with it.

If there were players showing the promise of a Sheezel, JHF or a Reid at the top of the draft, then maybe pick 2 would be worth taking to the draft over trading it in for a proven GF-winning superstar.

But there's not.

As it stands, in this bizarro hypothetical, I'd probably just ask for Melbourne's second rounder back.

It is pretty funny to me that people are willing to turn down Petracca in favor of keeping what is essentially a lottery ticket. There are no guarantees in football and what this team needs is some professionalism and winning mentality. Petracca has that in spades.

However, I do not think he will leave.
And you’ll be on the sack brady thread when this bloke is 30 and isnt finding the pill like he did when he was worth pick 2

Yes to Petracca, particularly with the (I think small) possibility that LDU might leave. No to giving up a top two pick for him. It will take him a bit to get going after his injury, he was struggling in the immediate aftermath to even watch footy.
This is the issue with Petracca. Not only the confidence thing after such a catastrophic injury but the ability to actually return to his previous level.

I don't think Martin did after his kidney injury, tho he was still a very good player.

1st Round Pick (2024)
Tom Powell
2nd Round Pick (2025)

for

Christian Petracca

Make it happen Euge.

We’ve been crying out for high level leadership for the best part of decade. With Trac you get that in spades. While Trac hasn’t been a captain at Melbourne I think you’d struggle to find a more professional and well liked player off the field.

If he hadn’t of had that injury, you cough up pick 2 without hesitation. But the way he was talking about the injury on his Insta a few weeks after the fact, suggested to me that he won’t reach the heights of his previous output, regardless of his professionalism.

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trac's injuries are mega so there is a risk just how well he will comeback. Also, he seems to have really cracked the sads at the Dees if the rumours are true (not suggesting that isn't justified), so how is he mentally. I just have a worry about how close the reborn Trac will be to pre injury time. If it would cost us two top picks then I'm probably a yeah nah. There is too much of a risk.

Y'all are delusional if you don't think that;

A) Petracca is worth that kind of price
B) The club would hesitate to trade Powell if it nets us a 28 year old Petracca

Well im delusional then.

He can't have a resting heart rate of above 110 at the moment and there's no idea if he even plays in 2025 yet.

Putting aside the fact that he is 29 to start next season and you are attaching Pick 2 and probably a top 25 pick to Powell.

I have no doubt that the club would hesitate to trade Powell for Petracca if the deal was right, but that suggestion is Crazy Vossy levels of delusion.

Jeremy Cameron was a year younger than Petracca currently is, a multiple AA, Coleman medalist and moved for:

Picks 15, 18, 25 for Cameron, 24 & 27.

Which is the equivalent of Pick 11.

That trade package you proposed is the equivalent to the one that netted Chris Judd and he was 23 when he requested a trade. Kennedy was former top pick, but underperforming at that point. Carlton got what was essentially 6 full seasons out of Judd at 24 years of age and onwards.

Pick 2 would be more than enough and there's a possibility we could even trade down from there and still satisfy Melbourne.

You aren't getting 100 games out of Petracca imo. Adding his injury, it's going to reflect his trade value.

If he was 24 years old (i.e the age Neale and Judd moved over, your offer would be more realistic)

Last edited:
I don't think we're in a position to trade a 22yr old that averages 20+ for the year and is the second best disposer of the ball in the team. Are you soft in the head?

Okay, so you don't want Petracca?

That's fine.

I do.

And I'd be willing to pay the premium price it would attract.

Draft picks alone won't get the deal done - Melbourne would (justifiably) want a young best 22 player back in the deal as well. For me, Powell is the expendable piece. It wouldn't be LDU, Wardlaw, or Sheezel as they're all untouchable. Melbourne wouldn't want Jy because he's too old and they're only making this type of move if they're looking to accelerate their rebuild. And you've spent all year telling us Will Phillips is no good so it wouldn't be Phillips either.

Trac's injuries are mega so there is a risk just how well he will comeback.

Concerns about his health are legitimate, and obviously my enthusiasm about pursuing him would be reliant on a clean bill of health.

Petracca almost died. His injury was similar to someone who'd been in a serious car crash. I love him, but you'd want to be very sure his body can fully recover from that sort of trauma before paying a high price for him.

This is where I'm at. It'd be risky if he was fully fit but I'd probably want to get it done. His injury casts such a massive shroud over what exactly we'd be paying for.

This is where I'm at. It'd be risky if he was fully fit but I'd probably want to get it done. His injury casts such a massive shroud over what exactly we'd be paying for.
I mean he has been fairly physically reliable and had a freak acciedent that was mis managed. He is arguably a top 10 player in the comp with preiership experience who has prob 4 years left. IF he wanted to come to us he will offer more to our club for the next 4 years then anyonee we pick up with pick 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back