List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also states that the Dees are looking to extend Vineys contract.

View attachment 2078357
So he's got 1 more year on his contract and then he could leave and come to us on the cheap and Dees get nothing or do we offer our F1 for him to help with their rebuild for next year and is it to much or not enough?

What do we reckon Viney is worth in a trade?

A good and brave player with an exemplary attitude, but not a superstar.
31 next year.
Contracted, but UFA next year.

Its a tricky one.

If he was younger, he's easily a first rounder. But now I'm thinking even our pick ~20 might be a bit high.

So maybe our second rounder with Melbourne's 4th coming back? Equivalent to pick 26 (not counting PPs, F/S, compo, etc)

What do we reckon Viney is worth in a trade?

A good and brave player with an exemplary attitude, but not a superstar.
31 next year.
Contracted, but UFA next year.

Its a tricky one.

If he was younger, he's easily a first rounder. But now I'm thinking even our pick ~20 might be a bit high.

So maybe our second rounder with Melbourne's 4th coming back? Equivalent to pick 26 (not counting PPs, F/S, compo, etc)
Second seems a tad too much

Isn’t he OOC next year? Second seems a tad too much
I know what you mean.

The flipside is that:
  • he'd probably come in to be our captain or vice-captain,
  • he'd be in our top 4 midfielders from the get-go, and
  • his on-field leadership would stop the kind of 5 minute brainsnaps that have lost us about four games this year.

Melbourne are brilliant. While Dodoro struts around with a Just For Men rinse, gold chain, top button undone and tight pants with a manner that would scare off a seasoned used car salesman..

.. I reckon Melbourne turn up like the woman in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, dropping things, acting all over the shop and constantly saying "oh you guys are so smart, I'm just a silly little list manager."

Before you know it they've:

Turned your 1st rounder into Kosi and Rivers..

Taken your 206cm 22yo ruckman and a draft pick for a guy who was going to retire otherwise, only to offload the ruckman a couple years later after an output of SFA for a round 2 pick..

Taken your No.1 key forward for a 2nd rounder that you turn into a drunk BMX riding podcaster..

And finally take a 3rd tall utility off your hands for the princely sum of 1 x Jordan "is that Gys on your pants lol" Gysberts.

You should need full board sign off to even have a coffee with a Melbourne staff member if you have any connection to NMFC list management.
Love the post , looking forward to the nmfc versus richmond instalment.

I know what you mean.

The flipside is that:
  • he'd probably come in to be our captain or vice-captain,
  • he'd be in our top 3 midfielders from the get-go, and
  • his on-field leadership would stop the kind of 5 minute brainsnaps that have lost us about four games this year.
I agree he is valuable somewhat for us, just seems a tad expensive from us to offer our second… not sure they would want our 3rd at about 40 with the logic above 🤷‍♂️

This 'toured the facilities' bit always makes me laugh. What are they expecting to see?
'Wow, I toured their facilities and they have a gym, showers, ice baths, you get your own locker, a players rest room, doctors and physio rooms. It looked clean and tidy. Didn't smell. Nice view of Arden Street. I have to get there'.
Coffee cart for the win

With the Viney’s stuff I just have one question.

How is it that we have moved on multiple people from board level due to perceived conflict of interest with regard to Father Son selections and yet now we can just seek out the son of the GM of Footy (who would be what his bosses boss?) and not a peep about conflict of interest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coffee cart for the win
You’d expect they would give them the formal names,
“Jason Horne Francis Ice Baths”,
“Phoenix Spicer Dining Area”,
“Taylor Garner Weight Room”,
“Jared Polec Medical Rooms”
“Jack Mahony Viewing Area”
“Will Walker Recruitment Meeting Room”
“Jasper Pittard Coffee Cart”

How is it that we have moved on multiple people from board level due to perceived conflict of interest with regard to Father Son selections and yet now we can just seek out the son of the GM of Footy (who would be what his bosses boss?) and not a peep about conflict of interest?
Cos hes a good player?

I agree he is valuable somewhat for us, just seems a tad expensive from us to offer our second… not sure they would want our 3rd at about 40 with the logic above 🤷‍♂️
For mine, if you had a player of his calibre in our squad, someone with the wherewithal to direct play on-ground in critical moments, that would have flipped the outcome of this year's games against the Pies, the Dees and last week's game against the Eagles,

Suddenly this year wouldn't be looking so lacklustre.

You’d expect they would give them the formal names,
“Jason Horne Francis Ice Baths”,
“Phoenix Spicer Dining Area”,
“Taylor Gardner Weight Room”,
“Jared Polec Medical Rooms”
“Jack Mahony Viewing Area”
“Will Walker Recruitment Meeting Room”
Local correspondence suggests the spicer light switch, removes fear of ones shadow.

Oh and you mean the Taylor garner wait room.

Same ... if its between him and his dad I'd rather we kept his dad.

For mine, if you had a player of his calibre in our squad, someone with the wherewithal to direct play on-ground in critical moments, that would have flipped the outcome of this year's games against the Pies, the Dees and last week's game against the Eagles,

Suddenly this year wouldn't be looking so lacklustre.
Reckon sheez and viney would complinent one another pretty well. Having said that i dont really believe the stories

Let's look at the time, in 4 years time, we are about to enter a draft blackhole so good draft picks will be at a premium come 2027 where those clubs in need of young picks will pay premium to rebuild.

Why are we chasing them now and overpaying when we can just develop our own players and then get overpaid in time.

This is different cause he doesn’t wear the old school tie, can’t be boys club…
Nervous The Office GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back