List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither will come unless one of them is captain so what does that mean for the current captains and the guy that should be captain in Sheezel.
I would be happy to make them captain if it gets them to North. Our current 2 captains cant captain again next year. We need a refreshing look and have to try something different. Also I think its best to let Sheezel concentrate on being the best player he can be and he can always be captain later. Larkey would be a worthy vice captain

There is also very clear evidence that this side has a really soft underbelly that every side knows if they push hard enough they will get on top of.

We are at a stage where we are pointing to close losses and saying progress.

We will finish this year on the same wins and worse % than last year.

We enter the final round and the spoon is still in play.

I am a mix of angry and sad at what we have become. It is not just being flogged by the dogs (I mean a we've slipped by 79 points in a matter of weeks) or losing to West Coast having been up where the goals required to beat us exceeded the minutes left on the clock. But it is what last week and this week represent.

Our team is soft, they have no idea how to win, and on days like yesterday there are far far too many who pick and choose when they are going to compete.

That our very best this year resulted in being beaten, or in eeking our meagre wins. 20, 21, 22, 23,24 five seasons of it.

We once had a team that hated losing, now we have a team that seems to believe that losing is their natural place in the universe.
Yea there’s a soft underbelly but for mine you just can’t include the Noble Years in where we are at.

It’s undeniable that our Senior Leaders are not at the level required of a premiership winning team, let alone a side that could even get out of the bottom four.

Yes you can bring one or two in but the only way for this group to learn how to win is to be in those situations regularly as a collective so they learn how to pull themselves out of it.

Even then we won’t be immune to a touch up here and there either.

There was a collective me rather than we attitude yesterday borne of circumstance as well as the talent and experience of the opposition.

Kallan Dawson playing undersized and trying to impress for opportunity next year, Bryn Teakle barely 7 games in at the club, Bergman trying to impress as a sub to keep himself in the mix, Shiels who is a placeholder and limited, Hansen Jnr focused on his role hoping for a contract, Wardlaw back from concussion, Larkey hobbling after quarter time.

Then add in Stephens and Fisher who are still yet to really solidify themselves along with Kerch & Arch in effectively their first seasons, it’s not y unreasonable to understand, after quarter time, why it turned to shit after the injuries to Chom & Nick.

I like it too but I think it’s more likely Adelaide will be dealing with Richmond rather than us to guarantee them Draper. GC probably wouldn’t agree to that either as they could probably find a better deal elsewhere.
Not necessarily, it would be a very bold decision by Richmond to drop back from pick 1 to pick 4 and miss out on the 3 best mids in the draft. There's a strong possibility that Richmond rate Jagga Smith, Havery Langford, FOS higher than Draper they'd want to be very confident that the player they want will still be there at pick 4 if they were to do that trade.

Last edited:

I generally agree with the overall sentiment, but today's game further highlighted our need to replace some experienced players.

Across all lines, nobody takes charge and restores order and we give away avalanches of goals.
Yes and in two years time the guys who will take charge are already here.

In 2026 I can easily see Arch, Chom, Griff & one of our excess midfielders like a Powell solidify across half back.

Xerri, Kerch and Warlord will be able to take control of games through the midfield along with LDU.

And Sheeze, PC and Souva can really control our ability to score.

You don’t just become a leader you learn from experience and these lads are getting it now and it’s then we will entrust to take the group to Premiership standards.

Would we love a Viney or Parker - yep.

Does it replace 40 games of this group playing together over the next two years creating its own identity - not even close.

I think we're going to need to be aggressive and maybe take a little risk. We have to put an end to these bottom of the ladder finishes.

I would be happy with the following:

IN: Viney OUT: Pick 22
IN: Parker OUT: Pick 40
IN: Pick 6, 20 (GC) OUT: F1
IN: Pick 4, 28 (Crows) OUT: Pick 2 (Draper)

So we end up with 4, 6, 20, 28, Viney and Parker for 2, F1, 22, 40.

Those picks would get us Armstrong, Top mid, Gerreyn or other key forward and small forward plus, most importantly, we address the leadership issue at our club which in my mind is what's holding us back more than anything.
Mate...thats probably the best one posed so far that makes sense in terms of bringing in a Viney and Parker!!
However, GC might balk on #6 because they will expect a bid on Lombard within 4-8 and if they go in for Rioli, they might need #13..if the tigers accept #20 and our F1 and we are able to get #13 & #22 from GC, happy days!
Like the Adelaide scenario but we'll probably want more than #4 & #28 for a #2.
I like it too but I think it’s more likely Adelaide will be dealing with Richmond rather than us to guarantee them Draper. GC probably wouldn’t agree to that either as they could probably find a better deal elsewhere.
Nah, Richmond aint picking Draper at #1..3x Vic mids that are equally as talented and they've all played in their VFL side recently should give you a hint on whom they are fancying.

I would be happy to make them captain if it gets them to North. Our current 2 captains cant captain again next year. We need a refreshing look and have to try something different. Also I think its best to let Sheezel concentrate on being the best player he can be and he can always be captain later. Larkey would be a worthy vice captain

Agree Sheez will be in his 3rd year. Let him focus on playing and being more damaging further up the field, don't burden him with captaincy this early, he has 10 plus yrs hopefully. But it can't be Jy or Lmac, neither can be in the team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anything to Graham Wright quitting Collingwood? J Viney comes in, T Viney goes out, G Wright comes in (who has a past working relationship with Clarko)

Anything to Graham Wright quitting Collingwood? J Viney comes in, T Viney goes out, G Wright comes in (who has a past working relationship with Clarko)
I read that he had a job lined up with the AFL, I suspect he's has had enough of the stress that's associated at club level.

Would Todd necessarily have to go out? Different scenario to a young kid trying to make his way. Jack would be coming in established with a clearly defined role.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mate...thats probably the best one posed so far that makes sense in terms of bringing in a Viney and Parker!!
However, GC might balk on #6 because they will expect a bid on Lombard within 4-8 and if they go in for Rioli, they might need #13..if the tigers accept #20 and our F1 and we are able to get #13 & #22 from GC, happy days!

Nah, Richmond aint picking Draper at #1..3x Vic mids that are equally as talented and they've all played in their VFL side recently should give you a hint on whom they are fancying.

I think with the Adelaide scenario, the draft is very even this year so not much difference between pick 2 and 4. We force them to hand over 28 by telling them if they don't trade, we will be taking Draper at 2.

The flip side is that they’ve seen up close that Langford and FOS aren’t their preferred candidates. Smith is best performed but he doesn’t scream pick 1 material. Maybe they’ll just go with Draper unless Adelaide give them something too good to refuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure Wright and Clarko's relationship was strained at the end of his tenure.

Yes and in two years time the guys who will take charge are already here.

In 2026 I can easily see Arch, Chom, Griff & one of our excess midfielders like a Powell solidify across half back.

Xerri, Kerch and Warlord will be able to take control of games through the midfield along with LDU.

And Sheeze, PC and Souva can really control our ability to score.

You don’t just become a leader you learn from experience and these lads are getting it now and it’s then we will entrust to take the group to Premiership standards.

Would we love a Viney or Parker - yep.

Does it replace 40 games of this group playing together over the next two years creating its own identity - not even close.
I think that the best way to learn and develop is with mentors. A lot of the time, young teams don't ever figure it out themselves.

I think that the best way to learn and develop is with mentors. A lot of the time, young teams don't ever figure it out themselves.
I think you can have both.

After the way we've continuously fallen apart during games, some quality older heads are essential. And it's not like anyone is being robbed of a spot. If they were, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

These young fellas will still be getting their exposure as a group.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Never fear my fellow delusional Nth faithful, as the worst performing side over a 5 yr period, the AFL commission (read CFMEU) will sort it out🤷‍♂️🙄

So if you were Brads Scotts you’d be telling us that our performance against the Dogs was an “Aberration”. :stern look
Yes it was, they wont do that to us again in the next 10 years. Chom, Logue and W.Dawson will all help the defense, so im far less worried about that than others. Darcy and JUH are super players and hard enough to control let alone being under-manned.

However they did expose a few things which were clear to see. Our lack of run, carry, skills, big body mid/ brute force and marking options to when going down the line. Xerri was a solid option, Zurhaar usually contributes but was well covered along with some shit kicks, Larkey dropped 3 he should've taken and Elmo had a mare.

We're also in need of some gut running forwards who can hit front n center and get separation. Maybe Simpkin can do that and limit him more to handball overlap running and set shots which he looked to have improved on this season. Need a huge preseason out of Curtis too. Dont care what he presses, run, separation and agility.

I think we're going to need to be aggressive and maybe take a little risk. We have to put an end to these bottom of the ladder finishes.

Those picks would get us Armstrong, Top mid, Gerreyn or other key forward and small forward plus, most importantly, we address the leadership issue at our club which in my mind is what's holding us back more than anything.

Viney for Simpkin or Phillips
Parker = no from me. He's cooked running wise. He impacted the game as a CBA going forward as a marking option. We've got plenty of those. We need talls and smalls, we've plenty of medium marking options.
F1 for pick 6 and 20 (GC)

In: Viney, Draper/ FOS, Armstrong, Gerreyn and small forward.

Good point. I'd be happy with this too.

If we were to take Armstrong maybe we don't need Gerryn, we could take a KPD like Noah Mraz? Regardless what you propose gives us good options from a best available talent and list gaps too.
Im all for getting both, Gerryn would play Elmos role as second ruck and moves well for a pack breaking unit he is.

Would Melbourne really take Pick 22 for Viney? I would have thought they'd be asking for a first rounder.

Would Melbourne really take Pick 22 for Viney? I would have thought they'd be asking for a first rounder.

They can ask all they like. General consensus on the drafts/ trading board from neutrals and even Melbourne supporters suggests a pick between 20 and 30. So in my scenario, we could give pick 28 (crows) instead of 22, but I think 22 is fair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back