List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it yourself. He isn't the head of the company! He reports into Viney.... so again he doesn't have sole autonomy. Will, Clayton and others will do the ground work, and report into Rawlings. Then Rawlings will go into Viney and Clarko and to a lesser extent assistants and line coaches.

There will be multiple views and opinions, not one guy sitting in an office with an approve button!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Snoz has been here in a list management capacity since 2019. The list composition is on him, free agency and trades are in him, brain dead contracts to ccj, cat Stephens and Fish are on him.

I'm happy to give him another preseason to show his wares, but if we can't significantly improve the list(especially composition), then it's time to say goodbye.

5 years is plenty of time to turn a list over imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That 1 kpf (+ Gubston) was surrounded by smalls that kicked 14.5...

This.

All the good sides have 1 x KP big, 1 x KP Versitile big and 4 x goal kicking, high pressure, smalls.

This model won Richmond three flags and Sam Mitchell has adopted the same game plan.

Geelong have it, Brisbane have it, Sydney have it.

For most of the past three years we ran with 1 x KP Versitile big, 1 x goal kicking small and 4 x medium flankers… and they wonder why we can’t lock our ball in the forward 50 all game.

It wasn’t until Treakle got recruited mid season did we resemble some sort of forward line but still far too big wth Zurhaar, Zane and Ford all getting in each others way.

Priority has to be a genuine Tex Walker type (Shanahan) and a couple of talented pockets (Berry).

Make it happen Thirstfield..

Preferably, we need a defender like Kolodjashnij, a swing man like McDonald, a defensive mid that can structure us up and do a bit up fwd, and a small fwd.

Kolo, TMac, Parker, and Owies.

Overpay them, send our young fellas to the VFL for development, and award their good games to keep them hungry.

We need veterans more than anything else to turn this around

View attachment 2090531

That grey bit on the right is the big issue. The Cats and Pies each have 13 players in the 28+ bracket, even Sydney as a middle ranked team for experience and the Dockers as a young team have nine.

We can't wait three years for the 25 and 26 year olds to get to the grey section so we need at least 5-6 experienced guys in the next two off-seasons.

I think many are getting carried away with getting players who can have an AFL impact every week, but don't forget a lot of our future best 22 players are in the VFL with next to no experienced support with a list profile like ours. It's terrible for their development.

Can obviously aim high for guys like Parker or Wines, but even some Breust, Duryea, Fox, Day, Casboult, Lyons, Tomlinson, Membrey types would be good, even to play twos most weeks and show the kids how it's done.

Some former captains in Ward and Swallow have played enough footy this year. Is Heppell really done? Can he play a role?

We absolutely cannot go into another season with this few over 28s so we're going to have to get very creative and probably open the cheque book to get some of these guys in. Even if they aren't guns and are past their best.

(Graphic pinched from Rick)
Need to fill a few holes - not just get anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2090531

That grey bit on the right is the big issue. The Cats and Pies each have 13 players in the 28+ bracket, even Sydney as a middle ranked team for experience and the Dockers as a young team have nine.

We can't wait three years for the 25 and 26 year olds to get to the grey section so we need at least 5-6 experienced guys in the next two off-seasons.

I think many are getting carried away with getting players who can have an AFL impact every week, but don't forget a lot of our future best 22 players are in the VFL with next to no experienced support with a list profile like ours. It's terrible for their development.

Can obviously aim high for guys like Parker or Wines, but even some Breust, Duryea, Fox, Day, Casboult, Lyons, Tomlinson, Membrey types would be good, even to play twos most weeks and show the kids how it's done.

Some former captains in Ward and Swallow have played enough footy this year. Is Heppell really done? Can he play a role?

We absolutely cannot go into another season with this few over 28s so we're going to have to get very creative and probably open the cheque book to get some of these guys in. Even if they aren't guns and are past their best.

(Graphic pinched from Rick)

I agree with most of this, but 26 is actually the premiership age. While it might look like we have a lot of 25-26 year olds, if you look at the list the majority of the players in that range have been brought in recently via MSD and other "break glass in emergency" trades. They're no world beaters.

That's why: (1) while I want to hate Brady for some of his decisions, I'm sympathetic to the dog shit list profile he was left with, and (2) tarryn leaving at his age profile really set us back more.

Looking forward, we may as well see this through and pump games in into the kids and only recruit a few older players for need, while trying to find a few diamonds from other clubs in that 23-26 age profile.

Yeah in the bottom 4 i would think but with a few more wins and being a lot more competitive for longer in games. I can see where your coming from even if i don't agree with it . Of course its frustrating losing every week I just try and look at the bigger picture and where we are headed and i honestly believe we are on the right track

I can see us finishing higher than bottom 4 injuries permitting.

Usually people are angriest and have the least hope when you're at the bottom.

Onwards and upwards.

should North Bigfooty stop sooking about draft sh!t from ten years ago

ChatGPT said:​

It can be frustrating to see discussions about past draft decisions, especially when they seem to overshadow current and future prospects. Here are a few perspectives on why some North Melbourne fans might still be focused on draft decisions from years ago and why it might be helpful to shift the focus:

Reasons for Focusing on Past Draft Decisions:

1. Unresolved Frustrations: Fans often cling to past decisions, especially if they feel those choices had a significant impact on the team’s current situation. If a draft pick didn’t pan out as hoped, it can be easy to look back and wonder what might have been.
  2. Historical Patterns: Examining past draft decisions can be a way to understand and critique the club’s decision-making processes. Fans might be trying to identify patterns or mistakes that they hope the club will learn from.
  3. Nostalgia and What-Ifs: There’s a natural tendency to think about “what could have been” with different draft picks. Nostalgia and hypothetical scenarios can be compelling, even if they don’t change the present.

Benefits of Moving Forward:

1. Focus on the Present and Future: Shifting focus to current players, upcoming drafts, and the team’s immediate goals can be more productive. It helps fans and the club concentrate on how to improve and succeed going forward.
  2. Support for Current and Future Players: Focusing on supporting current players and upcoming talent can foster a more positive environment. Constructive discussions about how to help the team improve are generally more beneficial.
  3. Learning from the Past: While reflecting on past decisions is valuable, it’s often more constructive to use those reflections to inform future strategies rather than dwelling on past mistakes.
  4. Encouraging Progress: Emphasizing progress and positive developments can boost morale and encourage a more optimistic outlook. Celebrating small wins and incremental improvements can help build a supportive fan culture.
In summary, while it's natural for fans to revisit past draft decisions, focusing on the present and future can be more beneficial for both the club and its supporters. Constructive discussions about how to improve and support current and future players can contribute to a more positive and forward-thinking environment.

Ai - chat gtp does not offer much

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct on all fronts. We didn't think Chol was worth the length of contract he wanted, if what Chol said about Hawthorn being the only one to offer 4 years is true, we didn't think Newcombe was the best talent or worth the 4 years he asked for, etc.

Which in hindsight is hilarious given who we've given 4+ years to recently.
Newcombe actually made it known to teams he wouldn't sign for them if he was drafted and just continue with the vfl side, he was playing for box Hill hawks and had a dodgy deal already in place with the hawks prior to the MSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back