List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcombe actually made it known to teams he wouldn't sign for them if he was drafted and just continue with the vfl side, he was playing for box Hill hawks and had a dodgy deal already in place with the hawks prior to the MSD.

This isn't true. He was happy to go anywhere that was willing to pay his draft terms (which weren't dodgy at all, they were entirely within the rules of the MSD at that time).

Newcombe actually made it known to teams he wouldn't sign for them if he was drafted and just continue with the vfl side, he was playing for box Hill hawks and had a dodgy deal already in place with the hawks prior to the MSD.
Again, for the umpteenth time on here. That's false. He had a preference but would have played wherever he was drafted. Which is why Hawthorn used their first pick on him rather than letting 14 other teams have a crack at him.

North's finger pointing just straight up needs to stop.

Again, for the umpteenth time on here. That's false. He had a preference but would have played wherever he was drafted. Which is why Hawthorn used their first pick on him rather than letting 14 other teams have a crack at him.

No finger pointing at all, North are in a mess of completely their own making from a decade of poor decisions

Hasn’t re-signed.

What does he do when he’s not playing as a defensive running midfielder tho?

A defensive forward maybe?
Just thinking a bit more depth and experience

I imagine he probably plays just that role tbh.

We've been playing Powell and Phillips in it at times and he's a significant upgrade on them. Could also take Shiels' wing minutes.
I kinda remember his role as like Phillips’. With worse disposal, but better tank and pace.

That midseason it was Edwards. Hawks would have taken Edwards at that time aswell. He clearly was not the right choice but everyone knew who the player picked at 1 would be. There were articles if he would nominate or not as a concern.

Hawks have better senior players to build around currently. Honestly no point at looking to their build with our list as we are already building differently.

Larkey needs help. Chom is the obvious answer but his body is an even more obvious question. Sellers experiment failed sadly. We are trying Ngyoun and Will Dawson up forward. Neither i like in that role but we have been moving magnets.

We lack the endurance to run games consistently and get super burned on turnover and for patches of games. I would like to draft another hard tackling mid to join Wardlaw but is a watch. A couple of pre seasons and George, Sheez, Powell and Kerch will run out games alot better. We will draft another mid this offseason the question is where.

The ball bounces out of our forward line way to easily. That could be due to non defensive forwards. I think Chom helps in that space. Seeing more out of RHJ and would want another year. Curtis can as well. Its really the best asset of Pinks game (he will be gone after next yeat i think). Jy will hopefully be there alot more next year. Preesure forwards are a must. Prob nearly the first asset we should look for. Also one who draws frees... Look at Hawks.

Key back will be helped by Logue and I think Will Dawson. Corr has a few more years left. Goater and Arch can play tall and will help this space if free. LMAC trys hard prob more hatew then deserves. Hopefully Hardeman comes in next year as can defend. I Question defensive aspect of Fishers game and could see him replaced by a Goater who can run and kick or a Hardeman. Both better defenders. Braydon George aswell could fill that role better with his elite kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That midseason it was Edwards. Hawks would have taken Edwards at that time aswell. He clearly was not the right choice but everyone knew who the player picked at 1 would be. There were articles if he would nominate or not as a concern.

Hawks have better senior players to build around currently. Honestly no point at looking to their build with our list as we are already building differently.

Larkey needs help. Chom is the obvious answer but his body is an even more obvious question. Sellers experiment failed sadly. We are trying Ngyoun and Will Dawson up forward. Neither i like in that role but we have been moving magnets.

We lack the endurance to run games consistently and get super burned on turnover and for patches of games. I would like to draft another hard tackling mid to join Wardlaw but is a watch. A couple of pre seasons and George, Sheez, Powell and Kerch will run out games alot better. We will draft another mid this offseason the question is where.

The ball bounces out of our forward line way to easily. That could be due to non defensive forwards. I think Chom helps in that space. Seeing more out of RHJ and would want another year. Curtis can as well. Its really the best asset of Pinks game (he will be gone after next yeat i think). Jy will hopefully be there alot more next year. Preesure forwards are a must. Prob nearly the first asset we should look for. Also one who draws frees... Look at Hawks.

Key back will be helped by Logue and I think Will Dawson. Corr has a few more years left. Goater and Arch can play tall and will help this space if free. LMAC trys hard prob more hatew then deserves. Hopefully Hardeman comes in next year as can defend. I Question defensive aspect of Fishers game and could see him replaced by a Goater who can run and kick or a Hardeman. Both better defenders. Braydon George aswell could fill that role better with his elite kick
Hawks wouldn't have taken Edwards, hence why they didn't offer him 4 years straight up. They were deadset on Newcombe and for good reason.

This is all well and good Mr Rawlings....but what on earth would make you think we'll nail the drafting and trading based on previous efforts????
1/ The last eight years have been pretty good, with the odd exception of a few picks here and there, but people have to realise that not every pick in the first three rounds are always going to work out, you hope they do but for various reasons it just doesn't. Will Thursfield, Brady Rawlings and Alastair Clarkson are going to improve our list, I've got no worries at all with Will's drafting , in fact I'll endorse it, I think he is going to be one of the best recruiting guys in the business that's the faith I have in him in particular with our picks this year, last years picks in my opinion were very very good and more importantly the right picks or choices.

2/ Whether we go a gun mid first or key forward it wont matter, another elite youngster or two will be joining North Melbourne next year. I have my opinions and theories as to what we should do but I am not one of those people that if we go a certain way I'll keep saying we should have picked ............, like I was right and our recruiters were wrong, Will is a professional, need not more said.

3/ More importantly via the draft, 2022, Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw and Brayden George, and I know all the draft picks and swapping and trading but c'mon how impressive! Edit: Brayden George has the potential to be a hell of a footballer, very bullish on him, we know what he can do on the forward line but off half back could be a serious weapon!

4/ 2023 has already been touched on but again, Colby, Zane, Taylor, Will, Riley, A+ without a doubt, but I guess we'll see.

5/ 2024 trade & free agency + AFL national draft....???? Will we be :coolv1: or will we be :sneaky:, its gonna be fun to watch!

I'm pretty sure the club is very happy how Zanes 1st year went . roos Scout Sphinx some of the really good judges on the draft how do you guys rate Zanes year and future after his 1st year.
Zane's first year on the talent he's got is pretty much what I expected, actually probably exceeded it, I thought around 7/8 games, so 13 was a fair call out to supporters that we are very happy on his progress. Future? Well let me put it this way, knows how to take marks, knows how to kick goals, we've seen glimpses which is what I said you'll see, a very classy player and his ceiling is very high, like most youngsters will work on things and gradually build his body up to its limit, a real beauty!

What would we need to add to Goad to get Rachele from the Crom?
Was trying to work out a suitable trade with Goad myself. We simply aren't in a position to develop a kid for 3-4 years when we need to get better now...

Something like

NM trades 2, Goad, 40
Adl gives 4, Rachelle(eq. Pick 6)

I reckon Adelaide is talking shit. They want him gone imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

1/ The last eight years have been pretty good, with the odd exception of a few picks here and there, but people have to realise that not every pick in the first three rounds are always going to work out, you hope they do but for various reasons it just doesn't. Will Thursfield, Brady Rawlings and Alastair Clarkson are going to improve our list, I've got no worries at all with Will's drafting , in fact I'll endorse it, I think he is going to be one of the best recruiting guys in the business that's the faith I have in him in particular with our picks this year, last years picks in my opinion were very very good and more importantly the right picks or choices.

2/ Whether we go a gun mid first or key forward it wont matter, another elite youngster or two will be joining North Melbourne next year. I have my opinions and theories as to what we should do but I am not one of those people that if we go a certain way I'll keep saying we should have picked ............, like I was right and our recruiters were wrong, Will is a professional, need not more said.

3/ More importantly via the draft, 2022, Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw and Brayden George, and I know all the draft picks and swapping and trading but c'mon how impressive! Edit: Brayden George has the potential to be a hell of a footballer, very bullish on him, we know what he can do on the forward line but off half back could be a serious weapon!

4/ 2023 has already been touched on but again, Colby, Zane, Taylor, Will, Riley, A+ without a doubt, but I guess we'll see.

5/ 2024 trade & free agency + AFL national draft....???? Will we be :coolv1: or will we be :sneaky:, its gonna be fun to watch!
History suggests that we will take picks 2 and 22. Are you confident we can find talent outside of that?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see us finishing higher than bottom 4 injuries permitting.

Usually people are angriest and have the least hope when you're at the bottom.

Onwards and upwards.
Adelaide are 4th last, with 8 1/2 wins.

It will be a substantial improvement if we can better that next year.

Adelaide are 4th last, with 8 1/2 wins.

It will be a substantial improvement if we can better that next year.
We were a few bad bounces from getting 6 wins after the bye.

If Fisher converts from 30 out against the pies (or they call the 50), if that ball bounces better to Jy against the Ds and about 10 plays in the last 90 seconds against WC.

If we improve the list a realistic amount and learn to not choke away leads then it is possible to jump out of the bottom four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back