List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t really hidden there. He was in plain sight for anyone who had watched VFL footy that year. His rise to AFL is unusual though, as he was never in any development pathways and was playing mostly local footy the year before being drafted.
roos_fanatic08 are there any similar options out there?
We need to recruit smarter

I'm so bloody tired of the 'we will inevitably improve in x amount of time' attitude that has been repeated ad nauseum for years.

We finished 17th in 2020 and now we have finished 17th again in 2024 (within a bees dick of finishing dead last too as my pfp shows). Would anyone here have truly expected that back then?
The answer is **** no because while it was clear we were bottoming out the prospect of 5 years of some of the worst football in history with absolutely nothing to show for it would have seemed absurd and statistically improbable, yet here we are.

You have no idea what's going to happen in 4 years time. I have no idea what's going to happen in 4 years time. I sure as shit hope the club doesn't think they know what will happen in 4 years time and believe we are guaranteed improvement, because it is a fallacy that will ensure internally we do nothing but the bare minimum as opposed to doing what is required to squeeze the absolute best out of ourselves.

Some hard calls desperately need to be made with this list. Not a 2020 style slash and burn, but some hard calls.
If we both have no idea what will happen in 4 years time i would rather be positive than sulking about it all the time.

Cant help but feel we may have missed the boat there with Duursma over Watson. That said theres always room for talented 190cm utilities and we can always player McKercher fwd as well.
I liked Watson but if Duursma was playing for the Hawks, with their style, he would be kicking a lot of goals.

Who else thinks Goater & George are not going to make it ?
Wish l had a magic wand......but l get Perez & Hayden vibes. Got the talent, undoubtedly, but major injuries will cruel their careers
I'm not going to do injury predictions. If George is healthy and they play him as a forward then he will be a gun.

Goater needs to work on his fitness, not just injury prevention. If he gets serious about that then he will be a player in any area on the ground.

You are asking supporters to accept throwing away a just turned 25 year old with 7 years of development for 2 x shiny toys that might turn out to be half as good.

It would add years to our already years old rebuild

It's ****ing bonkers mate.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ldu would be the exact age and ability of a player that we would want to trade in to improve our midfield.

Except they wouldnt come because we are so crap.

Our refusal to prioritise small forwards since LT left is absolutely damaging. How many goals.did Hawks small forwards kick yesterday?
The way they leave space in the forward line is akso a facror, they hawks kicked to space and there was nearly always a nominated fwd to eun into the space, we bomb on the head of a bloke thats never been a strong contested mark while he is in a pack environment

I'm not going to do injury predictions. If George is healthy and they play him as a forward then he will be a gun.

Goater needs to work on his fitness, not just injury prevention. If he gets serious about that then he will be a player in any area on the ground.
Who is George pushing out of our current forward line?

Josh's first game l thought, geez, here's the next Firrito, Thompson. Looked big and fit. I would give my $20 million lotto win from last night for that to come true.

Has anyone done 2 acl's pre-debut and gone on to play 200 games and carve a career ? Be few and far between ☹

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah in the bottom 4 i would think but with a few more wins and being a lot more competitive for longer in games. I can see where your coming from even if i don't agree with it . Of course its frustrating losing every week I just try and look at the bigger picture and where we are headed and i honestly believe we are on the right track
Bottom 2 all day long.

Richmond can attract FAs and will likely have 37 picks on this draft.
Wet Toast will likely finish bottom
Adelaide will improve. They will attract SA kids and hit the draft.
The aints will draft a top mid and throw darts everywhere.

Honestly, I see us winning about 5 games with a % in the low to mid 70s and 17th on the ladder.

Another bottom 2 finish could trigger a myriad of responses from the club, players, and the AFL in general. It won't be good.

Team cannot simply get better with 4 picks every draft. We NEED to be bringing players in who have an immediate impact to the 22.

Cant help but feel we may have missed the boat there with Duursma over Watson. That said theres always room for talented 190cm utilities and we can always player McKercher fwd as well.

I liked Watson but if Duursma was playing for the Hawks, with their style, he would be kicking a lot of goals.
I was initially disappointed when we took Duursma over Watson as a classy, kick-goals-out-of-their-ar*e small forward is one of our most glaring deficiencies. However, I reckon Duursma will be a ripper. I don't think I've seen a first year player with a better pair of hands - his ability to take one grab contested marks is elite. And he's not afraid to go when it's his turn, despite currently being built like a stick of linguini. He's going to be a monster once he puts on a bit of size.

As an outsider these guys make sense to me:

Classy players at top clubs who have been surpassed by younger guys. You aren't going to get blokes who are still best 22 in top 8 sides.

No non-finalist will, that's just how it is in AFL world right now.

However, for next to nothing, you could probably get:

Jarryd Lyons - OOC - just turned 32 and amassing huge VFL numbers. Hard as a cats head, great trainer, would protect your kids.

Jack Macrae - 29, hard as a cats head, still racking them up at AFL / VFL when not played in a forward pocket. Will protect your kids and still get 30 a week.

Both these guys will provide leadership, hardness, set standards and most importantly teach your draftees.

Caleb Daniel - still has a future at AL level as a back-pocket defender. Still an elite kick, frees Fisher to go forward and Sheezel can stay in the middle.

If we (Hawthorn) get our 3 targets (Battle, Barrass and Gruzewski), then you'd think Serong, Morrison, Husthwaite, Mitchell and Maginness would be worth having a chat to.

All are fine,developing players, and all would do a job for you. It's getting them though.

I understand Morrison has spoken to Clarkson already.

Macrae, Lyons, Daniel and Morrison add strength experience hardness and professionalism - and they are realistic targets.

You guys, simply on a survival level, can't afford another 2 seasons like the last 5.

Good luck.

I'd be disappointed if we were too reactive to the end of year form or our midfield. When Wardlaw and Sheezel are up and about and LDU is on the move we are absolutely deadly. Add McKercher to that mix and it's still an unreal combo of strength, speed and skill.

Stop chasing that one mid that will fix everything. They can't fix forward half speed, backline skill or Teakle as our second KPF. Follow GWS and Hawthorn, invest in small forwards and quality talls. Stop repeating the mistakes of the past.
Good call. Throw powell in the mix too. Another preseason, fitness and experince working together, these guys will improve.

We need to focus more in the areas where we are giving regular games to guys who are clearly substandard. Pink and teakle immediately spring to mind. Ford, Lmac, stevens, fisher not far off. All these guys would not be considered for selection at any other club. A few of them have already been delisted

Bottom 2 all day long.

Richmond can attract FAs and will likely have 37 picks on this draft.
Wet Toast will likely finish bottom
Adelaide will improve. They will attract SA kids and hit the draft.
The aints will draft a top mid and throw darts everywhere.

Honestly, I see us winning about 5 games with a % in the low to mid 70s and 17th on the ladder.

Another bottom 2 finish could trigger a myriad of responses from the club, players, and the AFL in general. It won't be good.

Maybe we have a few handy players on their way here next year Regardless i am still feeling positive on our future.

Not saying your point is wrong but I thought an edit was prudent
Last year Ginnivan won Collingwood finals because he put his head over the ball and won it without that free kick chasing bullshit. (Then they got rid of him and missed finals this year.)

Our refusal to prioritise small forwards since LT left is absolutely damaging. How many goals.did Hawks small forwards kick yesterday?

We have been trying to get smalls in but missed out due to timings of picks. Can name at least 5 in recent drafts konstanty, goulthard collard Clarke Lohrmann we just had other holes too fill too. You would think this draft the focus will be on small and kpf

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back