List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can certainly see the merit to a guess that WP could well not be at North next year and he very well may not be, but this is a text book example of the media creating the news rather than reporting it.

A couple of days ago, it was the AFL ping-pong show "Go Gettable Them All" or whatever it's called that raised the possibility, now, most likely off the back of that, he is "expected" to be elsewhere next season, not because of a journalist actually doing their job and speaking to people that might actually have genuine information, but because two hacks having a bit of back and forth have decided that "pick 3s don't tag"... laughable the state of AFL media!
Yep its got to the point where journos just ask coaches whatever speculation is floated on Footy Classified or SEN and Clarko says something like "we'd be interested in mature players but they're not likely to come to the bottom side so we're mostly gonna have to go to the draft". Journo leaves and a few hours later they punch out an article saying "North interested in Wines" and just transcribe Clarko's comments. Easy money I guess but kinda lazy but I guess they have to pump out content or the machines will do it soon enough.

As much as I don't like the woman and the things she has had to say about our club, she does get very good mail, I am surprised she is still working at 64 though, but the money she's on we could only dream about and why quit when your on that much!
I'm surprised she's working since she was supposed to be retired a few years ago. Obviously that didn't eventuate because she can't not have her say.

What am I missing with this bloke? Can someone fill me in? Whenever I watch Sydney he doesn't look like a key forward's ring hole.

Are Collingwood and Hawthorn putting the squeeze on so someone else falls out?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

What am I missing with this bloke? Can someone fill me in? Whenever I watch Sydney he doesn't look like a key forward's ring hole.

He can take a decent grab on the odd occasion (not often enough) but when he does he can't follow through and kick them to save his life. Do not want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't watch him enough to dispute that and he's the butt of jokes here but his stats are decent and he's played every week for the top side. Must know how to play a role in a functioning team.

Don't watch him enough to dispute that and he's the butt of jokes here but his stats are decent and he's played every week for the top side. Must know how to play a role in a functioning team.
He's a reasonable enough third tall to my eyes. And yeah, he's clearly doing what Sydney want as he's holding is spot.

Dunno, I just don't get the kerfuffle over him.

He can take a decent grab on the odd occasion (not often enough) but when he does he can't follow through and kick them to save his life. Do not want.

He is meant to be their number 1 key forward but has kicked less goals than Hayward (23), Amartey (22), Warner (21), and Papley (20), while he is also equal with Heeney (19). For a team that is so midfield dominant he really should be kicking more goals. If Larkey was in that forward line he'd be leading the Coleman.

He is meant to be their number 1 key forward but has kicked less goals than Hayward (23), Amartey (22), Warner (21), and Papley (20), while he is also equal with Heeney (19). For a team that is so midfield dominant he really should be kicking more goals. If Larkey was in that forward line he'd be leading the Coleman.
Especially with how well the swans delivery is into the forward line. He should really be at 25+ goals by now.

Amarty has really stepped up. Big blokes take time.
They do, and I'm sure he'll get their eventually, but right now I'd like us to stay away from him.

I’d love someone here to take off their rose coloured glasses and summarise why/how the Hawks rebuild has made Arden St look like The Salvos.
The Hawks play with urgency. They exert intense pressure. They move the ball at speed. They have elite ball users…..All the things we don’t do/have.

I’d love someone here to take off their rose coloured glasses and summarise why/how the Hawks rebuild has made Arden St look like The Salvos.
The Hawks play with urgency. They exert intense pressure. They move the ball at speed. They have elite ball users…..All the things we don’t do/have.
I reckon it's their experience more than anything. They've still got quite a few experienced, finals hardened players.

I reckon it's their experience more than anything. They've still got quite a few experienced, finals hardened players.
They've had 20 years of consistency. And two of their oldest players are all part of the system Clarko set up. So is their coach and a bunch of players who went there when he was coaching them.

We've had five years of shemozzle. And no effective football systems left in place from the previous coaching regime when those five years started.

They've had 20 years of consistency. And two of their oldest players are all part of the system Clarko set up. So is their coach and a bunch of players who went there when he was coaching them.

We've had five years of shemozzle. And no effective football systems left in place from the previous coaching regime when those five years started.
And this too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back