List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would need to be good coin too not just length...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not the most reliable source seen some of his tweets, however Pies are the team that’s been linked alongside Bombers. He is also very close to Maynard.

Still believe we need to try everything to keep him, however obviously is hard when up against the pies who can offer instant success+ the rest. Fingers crossed.

Why wouldn't we just match? CZ compo will be end of first round at very best. Why don't more clubs just match?

We might. Collingwood has very little in terms of draft assets. They'll need to offer him the world and hope it triggers Band 1.

Why wouldn't we just match? CZ compo will be end of first round at very best. Why don't more clubs just match?
well in some cases because the AFL compensation would be better than any viable trade (eg ourselves and McKay). In this case the compensation from all rumours seems to be end of R1, which wouldn't be anywhere near enough.

What is he worth as a draft pick?
I don’t necessarily want to do this calculation, because I don’t want him to leave, by Jeremy Cameron (I think) was the last ‘forced’ trade - he cost 13, 15, 20 and an F4. Of course zurhaar is not in that category but taking it as a reference, I would want something around 15 and then something in the 20-30 range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love him to stay, and it'll hurt more than McKay leaving.
Zurhaar just creates havoc in forward lines, good on the crumb n snap, breaks tackles, good kick and can take pack marks only the 200cm guys have a right to mark.

But if they leave on contracts big enough to net us band 1 compo while we're bottom 4 then they at least make sure we're well compensated. Id be sad to see him go but wouldn't feel betrayed. Band 2 is simply not enough, not even close.

If we could snaffle 800-900 points I think that would be about right. Anything more than that would be a good score.
800 - 900 points is something between 20 and 23, which is potentially what the AFL compensation would be.

If we settle for that, I'll sue

Collingwood don’t have it.

They better have $850-$900k a year attached to that deal or they will need to cough up a similar deal to Schultz somehow.
Collingwood do have both future firsts. Assuming pick trading goes out to two years.
Last year they were unable to trade there 2025 first.

So you're saying that Richmond, in this scenario, would be willing to trade pick 2, pick 20, and a future pick in the 1 to 3 range for pick 1 and a future pick 36? That is peak BF fantasy trade stuff!

I don't think we're a lock to have pick 1 at this stage anyway. We are only one game behind Richmond with several winnable games on the run home.

Well, we can always speculate but that was what adelaide and richmond offered us for the 2021 first pick...

Collingwood do have both future firsts. Assuming pick trading goes out to two years.
They're going to need them if the academy- f/s rules eligibility changes. They have Tommy McGuane coming through next year.

They traded a R2 & a F1 for Schultz

That would be the starting point for a fairly similarly rated player over the last few years.

Given what is on the line for us for some PA salary differences, I’d say we would make it completely open we will be absolutely unreasonable if it goes to a trade.

I.e 2 x R1 picks as the asking price.

So determine what two R1 picks are worth PA in their TPP to avoid any trade.

Most list managers would buy 2 x R1 picks for $100-$200k in TPP space

I dont get the sustained success part with Collingwood, who we should've beat.

Granted they were missing a few BUT we were missing Simpkin, McKercher, Goater, Logue with a truckload more youth to come in with Duursma, W.Dawson, Bergman, Hardeman plus pick 1/2 this year. Ill leave my darkhorse RHJ out of that list for now.

All while 90% of the list has huge improvement left in it.

Last edited:
They traded a R2 & a F1 for Schultz

That would be the starting point for a fairly similarly rated player over the last few years.

Given what is on the line for us for some PA salary differences, I’d say we would make it completely open we will be absolutely unreasonable if it goes to a trade.

I.e 2 x R1 picks as the asking price.

So determine what two R1 picks are worth PA in their TPP to avoid any trade.

Most list managers would buy 2 x R1 picks for $100-$200k in TPP space
Very similar situation to McKay. 200k x 6 years is worth keeping those picks for sure particularly if you can front end it.

Its simples, band 1 or we match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back