List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played a good game against the Pies. 12 touches and 3 goals. Highest rated small forward on the ground apparently.
He's going to be a very good small forward but a more committed defensive unit wouldn't have given The Wizard that much space to operate in. On The Couch showed just how little respect the Pies paid him and Ginnivan.
Did North (or Sheezel) get a mention?

Still think we need to target an experienced mid in the off season.

We're struggling to get Powell and Phillips enough midfield minutes as it is and we're a top eight clearance team playing a very inexperienced group.

Maybe as back up but I just don't think it's a priority, especially with Jy back. Give the kids the keys.

We're struggling to get Powell and Phillips enough midfield minutes as it is and we're a top eight clearance team playing a very inexperienced group.

Maybe as back up but I just don't think it's a priority, especially with Jy back. Give the kids the keys.

I'm with you... we don't have unlimited draft capital, so let's use to grab more important needs ie kpf and a small fwd firstly, then what's left can be used in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

If we can get an A grade quality mid, sure, otherwise I don't think so.

I think post bye our midfield is tracking more like a top 4 midfield rather than a bottom 4 midfield and that is with no Thomas, playing McKercher down back and sporadically using Phillips.

McKercher has to come into the midfield group next year, unless you want to stamp his Tasmanian papers. I think if we had Thomas in the side the only game we would have dropped post bye would have been to the Swans. McKercher will give us the offense that is currently lacking, it is too easy for the opposition to focus on LDU then we don't get quality clearances. We will not only improve in that regard with McKercher there, but will make it impossible for teams to double/triple team LDU at stoppages.

Bringing in another B grader isn't going to help LDU find more space.

If we keep our first pick in the draft, there is more midfield talent in that range. If Comben goes forward again and does as well as he did against Carlton then it pretty much resolves any major deficiency in our list. Logue, Corr and Dawson are good in the short term, Goater will be back next year, Hardeman was promising, any new talented mid is probably going to spend time in the back half early on. We do not feel compelled to play Duursma when he isn't ready for the AFL level, he is a super talent that will come on when he is physically ready.

I think we are over the worst part of our rebuild and there is light at the end of the tunnel, from here on I think we only put A grade players on the list, be it draft, trade or free agency. We should use whatever cap space we have bringing long-term deals forward on the stars we will have problems keeping together in the future without front-loading some long-term contracts.

I think post bye our midfield is tracking more like a top 4 midfield rather than a bottom 4 midfield and that is with no Thomas, playing McKercher down back and sporadically using Phillips.

McKercher has to come into the midfield group next year, unless you want to stamp his Tasmanian papers. I think if we had Thomas in the side the only game we would have dropped post bye would have been to the Swans. McKercher will give us the offense that is currently lacking, it is too easy for the opposition to focus on LDU then we don't get quality clearances. We will not only improve in that regard with McKercher there, but will make it impossible for teams to double/triple team LDU at stoppages.

If we keep our first pick in the draft, there is more midfield talent in that range. If Comben goes forward again and does as well as he did against Carlton then it pretty much resolves any major deficiency in our list. Logue, Corr and Dawson are good in the short term, Goater will be back next year, Hardeman was promising, any new talented mid is probably going to spend time in the back half early on. We do not feel compelled to play Duursma when he isn't ready for the AFL level, he is a super talent that will come on when he is physically ready.

I think we are over the worst part of our rebuild and there is light at the end of the tunnel, from here on I think we only put A grade players on the list, be it draft, trade or free agency. We should use whatever cap space we have bringing long-term deals forward on the stars we will have problems keeping together in the future without front-loading some long-term contracts.

Id love us to grab Houston to play off half back which will also force Mckerch into the midfield.... some of his kicks sat night were beyond elite, but don't won't I know he won't come cheap if it's actually true that he is considering coming home

I agree with what you're saying regarding bringing in a B Grade mid, however the statement regarding McKercher leaving because we don't play him as a mid next year is simply ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKercher has to come into the midfield group next year, unless you want to stamp his Tasmanian papers.
I agree with you to an extent, but who comes out of the midfield for McKerch?

LDU
George
Harry
Simpkin
Powell

I think McKerch will be quite happy sitting off halfback / wing for another year while we are pushing for finals?

I agree with you to an extent, but who comes out of the midfield for McKerch?

LDU
George
Harry
Simpkin
Powell

I think McKerch will be quite happy sitting off halfback / wing for another year while we are pushing for finals?

You are assuming all 5 are fit and in form there.... need depth, and sheez and simp are obvious ones to swing fwd too

Id love us to grab Houston to play off half back which will also force Mckerch into the midfield.... some of his kicks sat night were beyond elite, but don't won't I know he won't come cheap if it's actually true that he is considering coming home

I'm not sure how we'd get it done without splitting our top 3 pick. They'd want a top 15 pick for him minimum.

Maybe we could do another death-ride and offer up something like:

Port Receive: North F1 & F3
North Receive: Port F1 & Houston.

Port would be hoping we stay bottom 4 while they push into the top 4.

I'm less and less of this belief. We definitely need to keep Will Phil for when we get injuries, but I think the midfield is going great guns

IMG_3130.gif

I'm not sure how we'd get it done without splitting our top 3 pick. They'd want a top 15 pick for him minimum.

Maybe we could do another death-ride and offer up something like:

Port Receive: North F1 & F3
North Receive: Port F1 & Houston.

Port would be hoping we stay bottom 4 while they push into the top 4.

Agree we won't get it done without... they would want 10-15 I'd think...

Don't think they would be interested in our future, it's this draft that they would want to get back into given they don't have their first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back