List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chasing 'list completeness' is a pipe dream only few achieve - think Brisbane's brutal team in the early 2000's.

Every team has areas of improvement.

Hardeman, W Dawson, Goater, McKercher, Duursma, B George are all yet to really settle and solidify spots in the seniors team, add as it sits now, 2 & 22 that should be top tier players and we are okay.
Outside of kertch and dursma, I'm not sure the others will make it.
How long can we hold onto early 20yrolds with limited games experience?
Feels like the late 2010s all over again.

Aside for WDawson being 18 and Hardeman being 19, what 20 year olds with limited experience did we hold onto in the late 2010s?

Chasing 'list completeness' is a pipe dream only few achieve - think Brisbane's brutal team in the early 2000's.

Every team has areas of improvement.

Hardeman, W Dawson, Goater, McKercher, Duursma, B George are all yet to really settle and solidify spots in the seniors team, add as it sits now, 2 & 22 that should be top tier players and we are okay.

The Goat & Sausage have ? marks over them Kirb sadly. Not writing them off by any means, but our luck with serious injuries is black cat stuff.

Fingers crossed 🤞

If this 2024 side is the 2010 side 2.0....l'd take this version because the biggest factor is this current version has a coach that will invest in them vs a potato head

The Goat & Sausage have ? marks over them Kirb sadly. Not writing them off by any means, but our luck with serious injuries is black cat stuff.

Fingers crossed 🤞
I tend to agree with you there. In saying that though, if we can get another 'Chom gift' or two that would make a huge difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah goater should be doing more - he has another Achilles ffs
Walking Stick Loop GIF

Can anyone see us using our later picks for cheap acquisitions of an OOC small forward and KPF?

We currently have a third rounder (pick ~40), and two fourths (~58 and ~69).

If you threw in a future third too, it feels like that gets us close to Owies or Konstanty plus McInnes or Hayes or Matt Allison, for example?

Not match-winners, but decent incremental list upgrades in positions of need.

Am I reading this right? People are questioning Will Dawson?? A 200cm 18yr old who, on limited exposure looks fantastic? Geez.
No, not people. People is plural. The term you are looking for is one complete and utter flog.

Time to be brave and fill critical positional shortcomings.

Get Owies.

4x700. We have more cap space that the Victorian Govt has in its big build budget.

Be brave like Hawthorn and nail your needs.

Is worth our 2nd rounder which will be mid 20s. Get a 3rd rounder back if we can.

If we are prepared to use a round 1 pick on a long term project player like Goad then Owies is a no brainer.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Time to be brave and fill critical positional shortcomings.

Get Owies.

4x700. We have more cap space that the Victorian Govt has in its big build budget.

Be brave like Hawthorn and nail your needs.

Is worth our 2nd rounder which will be mid 20s. Get a 3rd rounder back if we can.

If we are prepared to use a round 1 pick on a long term project player like Goad then Owies is a no brainer.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Is Owies worth our future 1st round or is it to much?

Is Owies worth our future 1st round or is it to much?
He's worth about the same as Fisher I reckon.

A pick in the early thirties.

Or if they just want points for the Campo kids, even better, give 'em a third (pick 40ish) and fourth (pick 60ish).

If we win the next two games, we'll end up with these picks:

1722230909993.png

Pick 33 feels right around the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back