List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
aussie rules football sport GIF by Western Bulldogs

Luke Darcy likes this.

That’s disturbing

HB is proving one of those positions suitable for apprenticeships such as Sheez and now Colby. We have a numbers of players that are capable as well. So yeah whatever the opposite to balls out is, balls in?
Getting a smart, composed and skilled HB is a priority as it releases Kerch onto a wing. He will still work back to help the defence as Scott does, but he will be delivering darts inside 50 WITH Sheezel.

This is essential for our future development.

Luke Parker is sub for the Swans today. A few more times and we need to go after him...

Getting a smart, composed and skilled HB is a priority as it releases Kerch onto a wing. He will still work back to help the defence as Scott does, but he will be delivering darts inside 50 WITH Sheezel.

This is essential for our future development.
You'd hope Goater and Hardeman are those guys coming up we'd hope to take that role...only one true player in the draft fits your description and that's Travaglia but unless we can get another 1st rounder, Toby is likely a top 10. Bo Allan probably the most versatile with HB, Wing, Mid, HF and there's Lachie Jacques who'd likely be a mid 2nd rounder, Greggo you could pick at 40 though l personally perfer Ivisic.

We need more than just 2,22 & 40 (at present) if we really want to fill the remain list holes from this draft.

If you took FOS@2, O'Farrell@22, Jacques@40, Rohr@58 and Stevens@65...or something like that?

You'd hope Goater and Hardeman are those guys coming up we'd hope to take that role...only one true player in the draft fits your description and that's Travaglia but unless we can get another 1st rounder, Toby is likely a top 10. Bo Allan probably the most versatile with HB, Wing, Mid, HF and there's Lachie Jacques who'd likely be a mid 2nd rounder, Greggo you could pick at 40 though l personally perfer Ivisic.

We need more than just 2,22 & 40 (at present) if we really want to fill the remain list holes from this draft.

If you took FOS@2, O'Farrell@22, Jacques@40, Rohr@58 and Stevens@65...or something like that?
We're not going to fill every list need in one year. I think we'll prioritise a key forward and small forward but it might depend on who is live at the picks we have.

Our entire trade period should be focused on getting 2-3 average to good small fkrwards. I am not asking for Cyril. Just a few blokes that that can crumb and lay a tackle. It’s insane we don’t have any whilst other teams have multiples.

A couple of mids that aren’t colour blind will help as well.

Our entire trade period should be focused on getting 2-3 average to good small fkrwards. I am not asking for Cyril. Just a few blokes that that can crumb and lay a tackle. It’s insane we don’t have any whilst other teams have multiples.
Rawling! :stern look

I'd like to see Fisher have a few weeks in the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not going to fill every list need in one year. I think we'll prioritise a key forward and small forward but it might depend on who is live at the picks we have.
Im hoping it is....Im hoping this is the last year were we a high pick that we could convert into 2x1st rounders....l'm hoping next year we have pick 7-10🥳

Im hoping it is....Im hoping this is the last year were we a high pick that we could convert into 2x1st rounders....l'm hoping next year we have pick 7-10🥳
If we are going to offer our 1st rounder this season and next year we would still want more than 2 first rounder this season..

This has been nagging at me for a while. It's a major weakness in our build and considering our extra list spots it's an indictment that we only have two small forwards with pace.

This has been nagging at me for a while. It's a major weakness in our build and considering our extra list spots it's an indictment that we only have two small forwards with pace.

Shits me too, but realistically elite defensive small forwards that hit the scoreboard are pretty rare.

Outside of trading out of the 2019 draft (Kozzie in the first round) we really haven’t had too many opportunities to draft them or trade for them.

Potentially missed Stengel in the MSD and or as a DFA but I’m not sure he would’ve shined considering our off field shemozzle at the time of his recruitment.

I hope it’s something that’s rectified this year. Take a small forward in the ND and another in the rookie draft.

Even if we split the 1st and/or traded in a F1 there will still be a few needs that go unaddressed out of a 190cm plus mid, wing depth, another 198cm plus kpd, kpf x 2, athletic intercept defender, classy half back, crumbing pressure forwards and lockdown defender with elite closing speed

Even if we split the 1st and/or traded in a F1 there will still be a few needs that go unaddressed out of a 190cm plus mid, wing depth, another 198cm plus kpd, kpf x 2, athletic intercept defender, classy half back, crumbing pressure forwards and lockdown defender with elite closing speed

Don't forget a 100+ goal forward, a generational CHB and a couple of Brownlow winning centre square mids

Chasing 'list completeness' is a pipe dream only few achieve - think Brisbane's brutal team in the early 2000's.

Every team has areas of improvement.

Hardeman, W Dawson, Goater, McKercher, Duursma, B George are all yet to really settle and solidify spots in the seniors team, add as it sits now, 2 & 22 that should be top tier players and we are okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back