List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah doubt it.
They'll end up with some gun kids and then get free agents over the next 1-3 years with the cash they've got in the bank from offloading these players.
Players will come to Richmond, 15+ games in Melbourne, playing Infront of 80k every week.
We just don't have the draw that other clubs have.
We'll see. Didn't happen prior to 2017 for them. My concern is us finding cheaper talent via later picks etc.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fyfe?.. nah he's cooked..

Stop Motion Cooking GIF by j.a.c.k.i.e.l.a.n.d

I can confirm as I’m actually the Uber driver that dropped Fyfe off at Arden Street.
When he got out of the car I said “Freeborn is there”
To which he replied “here comes North Melbourne”.
Then we smiled at each other, and gave quick thumbs up. Then I said “I’ll meet ya back here on the Sunday after the 2025 grand final”. Then I sped off and accidentally ran over Blake Drury.

No longer in his prime, but he's played every game this year for a team that's currently third on the ladder.

Shiels can hand over the baton.
I've been to a few Freo games this year and he's been playing a tagging role.

His reaction time and pace has severely diminished. I thought he should've retired last year TBH, but don't mind him in a coaching role.

We hadn't drafted Jy, Wags or Ryan Clarke at that point.
Correct, just making a point that we let go of boys on the premise of going youth and giving the youth a chance then we recruit/draft these lads at the end of 2016 who could have benefitted by the leadership of a Boomer and Petrie or Frittio, ..I can distinctly remember B.Scott saying something alongst the line of 'We want to give the likes of Corey Wagner greater opportunity..." when criticism came his way when the media pressed that Boomer could still play.

Did you agree that cutting them at the end of 2015 was the correct way to go?

Prime Fyfe was a thing of magic. If the chance arises, would be happy to pick up Fyfe senior just for the aura and the learnings for the young blokes. Let’s not underestimate the worth of having a legend like him around the club & the impact he’s likely to have on George, Harry, Kerch, Duurs et al.

His reaction time and pace has severely diminished.
Totally. But he's still a consummate pro who can kick some clutch i50s and provide defensive accountability in the centre.

I find it hard to believe that even a slow and stiff version of Fyfe wouldn't raise the floor of our current best 23. eg He's tall enough to do what Pink does as a forward, but with superior disposal.

To say nothing of the intangibles of his leadership. Chain Phillips to him for a preseason and see what happens.

I can confirm as I’m actually the Uber driver that dropped Fyfe off at Arden Street.
Then we smiled at each other, and gave quick thumbs up. Then I said “I’ll meet ya back here on the Sunday after the 2025 grand final”. Then I sped off and accidentally ran over Blake Drury.
"Accidentally "...

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally. But he's still a consummate pro who can kick some clutch i50s and provide defensive accountability in the centre.

I find it hard to believe that even a slow and stiff version of Fyfe wouldn't raise the floor of our current best 23. eg He's tall enough to do what Pink does as a forward, but with superior disposal.

To say nothing of the intangibles of his leadership. Chain Phillips to him for a preseason and see what happens.
Mate, Fyfe is a gun, but he has always had SHIT Disposal.

If they do I wouldn't be against picking Boomer up in the rookie draft, he'd still be the best small forward we have.
Straight replacement for Drury 🤔🤷‍♂️💪🤔

Best commentary ever!

Nathan must have a very impressive memory given he would've been about 5 years old in '96.

Correct, just making a point that we let go of boys on the premise of going youth and giving the youth a chance then we recruit/draft these lads at the end of 2016 who could have benefitted by the leadership of a Boomer and Petrie or Frittio, ..I can distinctly remember B.Scott saying something alongst the line of 'We want to give the likes of Corey Wagner greater opportunity..." when criticism came his way when the media pressed that Boomer could still play.

Did you agree that cutting them at the end of 2015 was the correct way to go?
2016?

At the time I didn't but as I said without it we don't have LDU and years later he seems likely to help us win a flag.

Fyfe is out suspended this week, would he be travelling to Melbourne this weekend?

They do go on a lot about how much travel they have to do, so would they take the opportunity to have a veteran skip a couple of coast to coast flights if he isn't even playing?

Interesting name suggested on the Midweek tackle last night, that if true i would pay heavily for.

Miles Bergman.

He is an out and out gun. Reminds me of Corey Enright.

I'd have him as our number 1 target. Would take over from Lmac at half back immediately.

He’s best mates with JHF.

If they do go full rebuild & end up with 6 first rounders, should we try to make it 7 by making an offer to Noah Balta?

Prefer to wait a year and grab him as a FA.

Interesting name suggested on the Midweek tackle last night, that if true i would pay heavily for.

Miles Bergman.

He is an out and out gun. Reminds me of Corey Enright.

I'd have him as our number 1 target. Would take over from Lmac at half back immediately.

We tried to get him as part of the JHF trade but he wasn't interested in moving. By all accounts he still isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back