List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah unsure mate. Was a friend of a friend of a friend that had passed the info on
Fair enough. I'm not having a go at you but its just one of those stories that seems too good to be true.

I'll tell you what tho if it is true then that's great (depending on the cost) because he was an under-performing overweight mid who pulled his finger out and worked really hard to drive his side to a flag. He's the perfect example of hard work paying off.

Yeah unsure mate. Was a friend of a friend of a friend that had passed the info on
If it was just a friend of a friend I would laugh at this rumour, but because it's a friend of a friend of a friend it definitely has to be true.

Lock it in - it's happening gif

This wouldn't actually surprise me.

Only a few weeks ago I heard he was considering his future. He was obviously really unhappy with how everything played out with his injury, but there are a few other things around the club at Melbourne that don't sit right with him.

I'd be concerned with targeting him though, He is as professional as they come, but I'm not sure he gets back to his best after those surgeries.

Putting aside validity of rumour, I’d pay our first this year for a forward only Petracca, probably more.

Petracca. 3rd hand info, but surprised if true that not previously mentioned on here
I wouldn't really want to give our first this year or a future 1st with nothing coming back

Maybe something like this:

NM, In: Petracca, Pick 7, Pick 38/43, Melbourne FF. Out: Pick 2, FF, Pick 22

MEL, In: Pick 2/3, North FF, Pick 23. Out: Pick 7, Pick 38/43, FF, Petracca

If it was just a friend of a friend I would laugh at this rumour, but because it's a friend of a friend of a friend it definitely has to be true.

Lock it in - it's happening gif
However for it to be a 100% lock it in, it's happening gif, it needs to be a friend of a friend of a friend of his girlfriend / brother etc. Need the partner / family link to validate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. I'm not having a go at you but its just one of those stories that seems too good to be true.

I'll tell you what tho if it is true then that's great (depending on the cost) because he was an under-performing overweight mid who pulled his finger out and worked really hard to drive his side to a flag. He's the perfect example of hard work paying off.
This is all fantasy. But you couldn’t think of anyone better for Bull to duct tape his right leg to really.

I wouldn't really want to give our first this year or a future 1st with nothing coming back

That is a hefty price. Top 2 pick and top 5 pick. For a mid/forward who would no doubt improve us but is coming back from a catastrophic injury.

Good lord .
Why is my fear of disappointment kicking in.
He would be amazing for us.
Saw him at Dan Murphys loading up at Christmas once.

Asked him if he'd consider joining North Melbourne in 4-5 years and he just winked and said " we'll see".

He soon got it.

Petracca for Phillips and R2 pick.

Huge injury and 29 next year. I wouldn't be giving up a pick 2 mid for him.

Last edited:
Good lord .
Why is my fear of disappointment kicking in.
He would be amazing for us.
There is a player who retired today, another who is stuck in the WAFL, and one who’s dog got its own thread that give you and I these thoughts

Time to update this list, following recent re-signings and players getting opportunities.

Below is the list of players out of contract. After signings of guys like Pink, Zurhaar, Ford, and Archer, in all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep at most FOUR players from the below list (maybe even only three)

Bolded players are the ones I'd be keeping.

Bailey Scott
Blake Drury (release)
Charlie Lazzaro (release)
Cooper Harvey (rookie list maybe?)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Kallan Dawson
Liam Shiels (retire)
Robert Hansen Jr (release/VFL)
Tyler Sellers (release/VFL)
Will Phillips

Following these moves, I have our list 'needs' as the following, in order of priority;
  1. Small forward
  2. CHF
  3. Medium defender
  4. Outside midfielder
  5. KP/swingman
Pretty spot on

Would look at off loading biggie as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back