List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Melbourne decide to blow it all up and rebuild before Tassie comes in then that makes sense.
If they’re getting rid of Petracca it means Olivers also going.

But I find it very hard to believe we’re looking at Petracca and Melbourne will trade him. Hes their most valuable asset. Him out and they’re bottom 4 standard instead of top 4.
You just don’t trade players at that level.

He's 29 before the start of next season, no way im giving up any first rounders.

Might get 3 years out of him, id much prefer Smillie, FOS, Smith or Draper for 13 years.

Im just stating what dees would be after to trade him not whether we should do it

If Melbourne decide to blow it all up and rebuild before Tassie comes in then that makes sense.
If they’re getting rid of Petracca it means Olivers also going.

But I find it very hard to believe we’re looking at Petracca and Melbourne will trade him. Hes their most valuable asset. Him out and they’re bottom 4 standard instead of top 4.
You just don’t trade players at that level.
They're incredibly smart list managers, draft manipulators (in a good way) and traders.

Rather than being pricks for the sake of it * style, they tend to look a few moves ahead and dazzle sides with seemingly great offers in the here and now (Don't we know about it..).

If they initiate a trade, be bloody wary imo.

Logically they could regroup inside 1-2 seasons like a Geelong circa 2020 because they have a balanced list with several guns.

If they do look like blowing it all up like you said hypothetically, it'd be odd and need further scrutiny. You don't dismantle a premiership list 3 seasons later without very strong indicators your core is cooked.

They're incredibly smart list managers, draft manipulators (in a good way) and traders.

Rather than being pricks for the sake of it * style, they tend to look a few moves ahead and dazzle sides with seemingly great offers in the here and now (Don't we know about it..).

Logically they could regroup inside 1-2 seasons like a Geelong circa 2020 because they have a balanced list with several guns.

If they do look like blowing it all up like you said hypothetically, it'd be odd and need further scrutiny. You don't dismantle a premiership list 3 seasons later without very strong indicators your core is cooked.
Hate to say it, but any consideration of getting rid of Petracca would require an extremely detailed Medical… there may be a concern there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gawn is cooked and banged up and he’s 33 next year - he may drop off.
Viney has hit 30 years of age this year but looks like he’s running in quicksand and Oliver is one bender away from f***ing it all up - then what core is there to continue to challenge?
Steven May is still a gun but is also 33 next year.
Lever is 29 next year.
Rivers is a gun but is he good enough to build around? Langdon is 29 next year.

The fact they wasted these prime years 2021-23 by not finding a genuine tall forward is criminal.

Oh well. 1 flag is still a flag. But to think the Brown trade cost them more than 1 is something.

Last edited:
If Gawn is cooked and banged up and he’s 33 next year - he may drop off.
Viney has hit 30 years of age this year but looks like he’s running in quicksand and Oliver is one bender away from f***ing it all up - then what core is there to continue to challenge?
Steven May is still a gun but is also 33 next year.
Lever is 29 next year.
Rivers is a gun but is he good enough to build around? Langdon is 29 next year.

The fact they wasted these prime years 2021-23 by not finding a genuine ball forward is criminal.

Oh well. 1 flag is still a flag. But to think the Brown trade cost them more than 1 is something.
Fwiw I'd take that Faustian deal.

We pay overs for Jesse Hogan and get a premiership before abruptly combusting.

Where do I sign?

Fwiw I'd take that Faustian deal.

We pay overs for Jesse Hogan and get a premiership before abruptly combusting.

Where do I sign?
As far as Faustian pacts go, that sounds pretty attractive tho.

Surely if it was really the devil you were doing business with, it'd have to be something like "you get a certain premiership, yes, but your premiership coach has to be James Hird".

The media hasn’t linked us to any players, that must mean we have given up
Reality is, we no longer leak like excited year 8 students who just found out a secret and can't wait to tell all and sundry what they know.

Or, in other words, the Scott / Joyce curse is over.

Interesting prospect.

Given the history regarding the clubs handling of his injuries, and the writing on the wall in regards to Melbourne's performance, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if he’s looking at his options.

If he is, I think it’s a good fit. He’s a good leader who knows the work standard required for a flag. We have money and draft capital.

I’m confident Todd would still have the resources to read the room at Melbourne in terms of due diligence and negotiations.

Could be a good showing provided someone hasn’t pulled this out of their star chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back