List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Midweek Tackle have linked us to Nick Haynes from GWS. Apparently, he is off contract and wants to return to Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what to make of either of these rumours.

Haynes is UFA, so wouldn't cost anything in draft capital, but turns 33 next year, with a history of hamstring injuries. The ghost of a backline Jarod Polec floats across my mind's eye.

Broad is certainly a good player, but turns 32 next year and is contracted, so a trade will need to be done. How much draft capital do you spend on a 2 year, max 3 year player? Not much I hope.

The Midweek Tackle have linked us to Nick Haynes from GWS. Apparently, he is off contract and wants to return to Victoria.
When I read Nick Haynes, I can hear the super smooth Michael Holding say Desmond Haynes! :-D

Haynes is UFA, so wouldn't cost anything in draft capital, but turns 33 next year, with a history of hamstring injuries. The ghost of a backline Jarod Polec floats across my mind's eye.
I guess I don't understand the downside?

He costs no draft capital, we'd be struggling to reach the salary floor, and he can show the kids how to train to an AA standard? At his age, surely its just an offer for a year with maybe triggers?

Yes he's no longer a topline key defender, but as solid depth - why not?

Haynes is still playing very good footy at VFL level - regularly racking up 25+ possessions as KPD. As a low cost option would be a good get IMO.

The Petracca one - it’s a bit hard to believe tbh - it’s super rare for that level of player to change Melbourne clubs. Basically never happens. but if he’s genuinely pissed about the management of his injury I suppose it’s possible. One thing I’d say is if you get the chance to bring in that level of player you pretty much have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back