List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I don't know Richmond's list well i doubt under the current stewardship they stumbled into the post Hardwick eta without a plan.

I do wonder how tiggers fans view Hardwick.

I mean it'd be pretty hard to not like a guy that brought you 3 flags.

At the same time they clearly made list management decisions with a view to top up and go again and rather than do that he played a "I'm burnt out" card, f***ed off on holiday for a bit and came back and took up a cushy AFL sanctioned coaching position.

surely there would be some bitter taste in their mouth from that.

At the same time they clearly made list management decisions with a view to top up and go again and rather than do that he played a "I'm burnt out" card, f***ed off on holiday for a bit and came back and took up a cushy AFL sanctioned coaching position.

100% this

Whilst I don't know Richmond's list well i doubt under the current stewardship they stumbled into the post Hardwick eta without a plan.
They've started the Yze era from a pretty compromised position. Not sure that with the benefit of hindsight, spending 3 first rounders and a second rounder to trade in Taranto and Hopper makes any sense, unless you think Lynch, Riewoldt and Dusty are gonna deliver you another flag.

Waiting for fa puts us against every Victorian club. Doubt we attract hims vs top 8 clubs. Make the offer now when everyone is walking out.
Perfect timing.
Tigers would love pick 1+2
I'm hoping to be a top 8 next year. but in all honestly you are probably right.

I'd take broad.
Fills a need and our backline could do with a 3 time premiership player advising for a few years.
Feels a bit like hodge to the lions.

And would drop out LMac.....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly my thoughts. If Richmond truly want to plunder this draft before it's totally compromised by Tasmania.

Agree, totally don't understand this wait to the FA mentality. You have to go before the seagulls come in, and more often than not pay over the odds

Similar to how we view Pagan, I guess. Dennis left the list in a similar mess to be fair.

The midweek cackle...

3 nobodies talking utter shit.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nick Offerman Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

They've started the Yze era from a pretty compromised position. Not sure that with the benefit of hindsight, spending 3 first rounders and a second rounder to trade in Taranto and Hopper makes any sense, unless you think Lynch, Riewoldt and Dusty are gonna deliver you another flag.
Yeh pretty much every premiership coach finishes up torching the list with a late flurry of shit trades trying to ride one final wave.

When Mr Hardwick pulled up stump(sic) they would've started planning for the new era. I'd be surprised if they realistically expected a high finish this year. They'll view the trades you mention as sunk cost and move on. Just as we'll do with the torched top 10 TT pick.

Balta and Comben would be the best intercept pairing in the comp.

Would be similar to when Melbourne managed to pair up Lever and May.

Our big focus should be on getting Balta and Ed Richards through the door as FA’s next year. $900k offers to both.

Yeah, if we develop at the rate we should, time to make those plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 first rounders and 7 year contract on Taranto were massive overs but like Clarkson at the Hawks, they thought the window was still open and went for the now and not worry about the future...win the 2023 flag with Hopper and Taranto, Hardwick & his recruiting team are a genius...Dimma leaving early would be a slightly bitter taste but l bet that becomes more and more sour as this year proves.
Best thing about the Taranto and Hopper deal was it allowed us Sheez and the Warlord in that draft year...Tiggers are probably thinking, wonder how Elijah Hewitt and Max Gruzewski would be looking now or would they have selected Gothard or Leake.
Now Freo are in that conundrum...hand over pick 8,13 & 16 for Bolton and Baker...cos if l was the tiigers that's the hard stance l'd take esp with Bolton.

I don't often blow smoke up the North Melbourne list managers..

But when I do..

Hats off on our re-signings over the last 6-12 months:

Sheezel
Simpkin
Larkey
Zurhaar
Xerri
Archer
Ford
Curtis
Powell

Really like this nucleus plus the already contracted defensive steel in Luke M, Corr, Logue.

Get Scott and LDU done next and push out each of Wardlaw, Zane and Colby for 2 years each and we have the framework for a longer term assault.

If there's a sniff that he's available early, the other clubs will be after him now too.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not 17 of them, my point is need to go early and then just competing with a couple.... wait and it's open slather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back