List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see a problem here.
If you're not good enough to play, you're not good enough to play.

That's not totally correct, you may not be good enough to play but others maybe worse so then you still get a game ahead of them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’re a bard scotts clone - your defeatest attitude goes with his resultest talk

I'm simply stating that a team pushing for the finals would not have lmac in.... he has been a great servant to the club and tries hard but would struggle to get in most other teams.... nothing to do with Scott

On a different topic, not sure if it was Beavis or Butthead, but why is Dan Houston worth two firsts? Agree he is a leader, and an elite kick and in the peak of a career. Surely Dawson is the best comparison. I know Dawson was ooc but is a better tackler... I'd say no more than 10-15, same with Rioli of the Richmond variety but they are wanting 2

Not 17 of them, my point is need to go early and then just competing with a couple.... wait and it's open slather

If word is out that he’s gettable, it’ll be virtually open slather anyway. His manager would be seeing to that.

Richmond can’t trade him to a team without his consent.

On a different topic, not sure if it was Beavis or Butthead, but why is Dan Houston worth two firsts? Agree he is a leader, and an elite kick and in the peak of a career. Surely Dawson is the best comparison. I know Dawson was ooc but is a better tackler... I'd say no more than 10-15, same with Rioli of the Richmond variety but they are wanting 2

No one is giving up 2 x 1sts for either of them.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Begging for the day the footy world gets past using 'firsts' as a measure of a pick's value.

Dan Houston is not worth two pick ones, he's probably worth two pick 18s.

Playing devils advocate, I think Houston is positionally pound for pound as good a player as Dunkley was when he went to the Lions. Dogs got 2 late firsts, I think a lot of teams would give 2 late firsts for Houston as the proverbial ‘last piece of the puzzle’.

However, Melbourne is sitting in the bottom 8 with an aging core, even as a last hoorah at a flag tilt, it could end up being 2 top 10 picks if it happened given Oliver, Petracca’s ? Marks and Gawn, Viney and May’s age/potential regression. Puzzling move. Melbournes list management pre-2021 and even up until a year or two ago was so forward thinking and great at addressing holes cheaply while aggressively upgrading at the right time for the right player.

This would seem an overestimation of their list at the moment, albeit having the potential to still win a flag, but also the ever increasing possibility of falling apart.

Re: Rioli. IMO worth a late first at best. Didn’t play well at all on the weekend but Richmond fans would rather keep him than Bolton even at their touted prices?!!!

Realistically the reason these clubs are willing to offload is because flankers are seemingly one of the easiest positions to replace cheaply (other than ruck), generally a bevy of good half backs get taken late every year and can come in right away to make impact. To bring it back to Melbourne -> Rivers, McVee, Howes, Moniz-Wakefield have all played pretty solidly within their first handful of years.

Port already have Logan Evans and Josh Sinn (been bad but has potential) as young defenders who could potentially step up within a year or two given they have the core midfield to compete, while Richmond have Sam Banks and Tom Brown, alongside others I’m sure. Then there’s always flankers on the market who can’t get a game and seemingly could play if need be. And genuinely anyone quick with smarts and skills can be turned into a somewhat effective distributor in time, we’ve seen that ourselves (with good and bad attempts)

They have some critical list decisions to make.

Dusty already gone, Vlaustin. Prestia, Broad, Mcintosh, Pickett, Lynch Grimes all north of 30.

They look like losing Rioli, Baker, Bolton, Graham this year.

Their best young player is coming off 2 ACL’s and Balta is a FA next year.

Tough times ahead.

If we are going to throw huge bag of cash it's balta.

Based on the current rumours of us wanting broad and haynes, it means we are not drafting trainor because in clarkson' mind, key defenders can be obtained quite easily, e.g. thompson via vfl, dawson via msd, corr and logue during our bottoming years, josh walker wasn't too bad.

So this means we will trade down to get 2 key forwards or get smilie if he is available.

Exactly my thoughts. If Richmond truly want to plunder this draft before it's totally compromised by Tasmania.

But this is all egg in one basket type stuff becaues quite often it's takes a couple of drafts to get things right.

So tigs might be wasting 3 out of the 6 draft picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back