List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we not asking about jack darling.

He has 1 more year to go on his contract but is at a basket case club with 2 young forward rising.

He is 32, next year 33, same age as waite. Why don't we get 2 more years out of him so we have time to develop the next 2 key forwards via draft?
Season 17 What GIF by America's Got Talent

Was a little surprised at how poor Liam Ryan’s record is. Best of 30 goals from 24 games in 2019. Obviously a need but wouldn’t overpay as much as the Eagles would want.

Did anyone listen to that?
I did.

Johnson posed the question do north need old experience for 1-2 years or are they past that?

Korn said someone like Jack Viney would be good. Someone that would make Powell and Phillips work harder for their spot.

Both agreed that north has more talent than hawthorn but are 12 months and good short term recruiting (chol, Ginnivan etc) behind

Understand what you are saying but top 10 picks ain't happening.

Collingwood needs 1mil.

They advise the 3-5 clubs that can give them the mil and offer pick 30 - 40 for arguments sake.

Those clubs will come back with counter offers.

Collingwood plays the clubs against each other and ends up giving a pick between 20-30.

Bookmark it.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Sure, but there will be more than 1 club needing caps, the picks will go up if there are more clubs needing caps than those with the caps. If we use this season as the reference, teams between 1 and 13 all want caps hence why the bidding war will be a perennial one as most clubs thinks they are 1 or 2 players away from the next levels.

For once, we can 'cheat' the system by constantly getting in good picks with extra caps because there will always be like 13 teams thinking they need caps.

I did.

Johnson posed the question do north need old experience for 1-2 years or are they past that?

Korn said someone like Jack Viney would be good. Someone that would make Powell and Phillips work harder for their spot.

Both agreed that north has more talent than hawthorn but are 12 months and good short term recruiting (chol, Ginnivan etc) behind
Be interesting if we can trade in some pieces that we are lacking in position wise - like the dawks have.

I did.

Yeah that's reasonable ... but Ginnivan is more than just short term imo. He's got five or ten years left.

Unless there are moves at play that we don't know of, we really need to get another key forward...

or revamp the forward setup like richmond to facilitate your unorthodox 1 key forwad.

For us, it's unrealistic to think that we will just suddenly get another star key forward or 2 allison abrahm type crumbers just turn up at the club.

We do have a plethora of medium forwards so perhaps we should be creative by turning them into a winning formula.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but not darling - he’s already retired the way he’s playing.

22 disposals 9 marks 7 tackles 1.1. That’s about teakle and pink combined

He’s kicked 3 in a game this year. A feat pink and teakle have never managed

He’s also kicked a total of 19 goals this year. Teakle and pink have kicked 12 combined.

He’d get a game I think

I did.

Chol and ginnivan aren't short term recruits.

He’s also kicked a total of 19 goals this year. Teakle and pink have kicked 12 combined.

He’d get a game I think
To be fair, Darling has also played more games than Pink and Teakle combined.

He’d get a game I think
He's played 18 games for those 19 goals. Teakle has played 8 and kicked 7.

They're pretty much the same on that front but Teakle has his future in front of him and Jack's is in the past.

To be fair, Darling has also played more games than Pink and Teakle combined.

Sure. Though maybe he has a money ball 30 goal season next year. Holds the line with a genuine goal kicking threat next to larkey while the young key position player we draft gets some vfl miles

And maybe he doesn’t kick more than 19 and it’s all for naught

But some say you risk it for the biscuit. And there doesn’t seem to be too much risk

**** call simmo and ask him

He’d get a game I think
Not worth the trade capital the eagles would want and very unlikely he’d want to move his family for a year or two

Not worth the trade capital the eagles would want and very unlikely he’d want to move his family for a year or two
I’m wouldn’t have thought the trade would be much given his age. But yea he would definitely take some convincing for money/years

Thing is though, kpf players values can change quickly. Look at chol. Look at wright. Look at Waite. Look at Sav. Look at brown.

Darling has kicked a lazy 529 goals

I’m wouldn’t have thought the trade would be much given his age. But yea he would definitely take some convincing for money/years

Thing is though, kpf players values can change quickly. Look at chol. Look at wright. Look at Waite. Look at Sav. Look at brown.

Darling has kicked a lazy 529 goals
Yeah maybe the weagles want him gone to move on to younger guys - I think we need a contested type player like casboult

If we want a marking forward that can kick a few for a year or 2, UFAs like Casboult, Taberner, or Tom McDonald, who don't cost draft capital, are better options.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back