List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On SEN tonight Cornes has brought up the name of Jack Viney as an ideal target for North. And I must admit that on this rare occasion I actually think he’s not wrong. We need someone of his ilk to get this midfield to another level in terms of leadership and grunt.

As much as it may seem a long shot, given the season they had, Melbourne would probably be open to it if the offer was good enough. They need to rejuvenate that list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
If we want a marking forward that can kick a few for a year or 2, UFAs like Casboult, Taberner, or Tom McDonald, who don't cost draft capital, are better options.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom McDonald seems to have played back this year. But he’s played 19 games and ave 6 marks per game.

That said Melbourne seem to be crying out for kpf on top of van rooyen and petty.

I like Casboult as I said but I think that ship has sailed. He’ll be 35 at the start of next year. How’s he gone in the vfl?

Tabener is interesting. Only played the 4 games which isn’t saying much because freo are stocked and been playing well. I remember he played against us and kicked 2? But you and I would have probably kicked 2 against our backline the first half of the year.

I guess there are a few options. But as Ferbs alluded, teakle has got the score on the board in the small amount he’s played, and can hopefully get better.

Plus …….. Finbar!!!!!!!

On SEN tonight Cornes has brought up the name of Jack Viney as an ideal target for North. And I must admit that on this rare occasion I actually think he’s not wrong. We need someone of his ilk to get this midfield to another level in terms of leadership and grunt.

As much as it may seem a long shot, given the season they had, Melbourne would probably be open to it if the offer was good enough. They need to rejuvenate that list

That’s be like cunners leaving us and playing for another team - doubt it

I always thought casbouot would have been a great cheap stop gap

GC had issues in their forward setup all year with King having an average season and Day showing how much they needed a second big target but being injured most of the time. Yet Casboult hasn’t got a look in

Sure. Though maybe he has a money ball 30 goal season next year. Holds the line with a genuine goal kicking threat next to larkey while the young key position player we draft gets some vfl miles

And maybe he doesn’t kick more than 19 and it’s all for naught

But some say you risk it for the biscuit. And there doesn’t seem to be too much risk

**** call simmo and ask him
We have been playing Pink without really a hope of him kicking goals - purely for structure - for most of the year.

I think we might have room for any player who can provide said structure, but who can, you know, actually kick goals…

If Gawn is cooked and banged up and he’s 33 next year - he may drop off.
Viney has hit 30 years of age this year but looks like he’s running in quicksand and Oliver is one bender away from f***ing it all up - then what core is there to continue to challenge?
Steven May is still a gun but is also 33 next year.
Lever is 29 next year.
Rivers is a gun but is he good enough to build around? Langdon is 29 next year.

The fact they wasted these prime years 2021-23 by not finding a genuine tall forward is criminal.

Oh well. 1 flag is still a flag. But to think the Brown trade cost them more than 1 is something.
To think they had hogan and wacko jacko....

One of his posts from last week "liked by wphil_"... coincidence I'm sure.

american horror story tate GIF
Will's just prepping to tag him in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If word is out that he’s gettable, it’ll be virtually open slather anyway. His manager would be seeing to that.

Richmond can’t trade him to a team without his consent.

No but he isn't ooc so that would obviously limit the interested parties considerably. Buyer obviously would need to be willing to part with picks and cash..

Playing devils advocate, I think Houston is positionally pound for pound as good a player as Dunkley was when he went to the Lions. Dogs got 2 late firsts, I think a lot of teams would give 2 late firsts for Houston as the proverbial ‘last piece of the puzzle’.

However, Melbourne is sitting in the bottom 8 with an aging core, even as a last hoorah at a flag tilt, it could end up being 2 top 10 picks if it happened given Oliver, Petracca’s ? Marks and Gawn, Viney and May’s age/potential regression. Puzzling move. Melbournes list management pre-2021 and even up until a year or two ago was so forward thinking and great at addressing holes cheaply while aggressively upgrading at the right time for the right player.

This would seem an overestimation of their list at the moment, albeit having the potential to still win a flag, but also the ever increasing possibility of falling apart.

Re: Rioli. IMO worth a late first at best. Didn’t play well at all on the weekend but Richmond fans would rather keep him than Bolton even at their touted prices?!!!

Realistically the reason these clubs are willing to offload is because flankers are seemingly one of the easiest positions to replace cheaply (other than ruck), generally a bevy of good half backs get taken late every year and can come in right away to make impact. To bring it back to Melbourne -> Rivers, McVee, Howes, Moniz-Wakefield have all played pretty solidly within their first handful of years.

Port already have Logan Evans and Josh Sinn (been bad but has potential) as young defenders who could potentially step up within a year or two given they have the core midfield to compete, while Richmond have Sam Banks and Tom Brown, alongside others I’m sure. Then there’s always flankers on the market who can’t get a game and seemingly could play if need be. And genuinely anyone quick with smarts and skills can be turned into a somewhat effective distributor in time, we’ve seen that ourselves (with good and bad attempts)

Look how many hbs/wingers they have offloaded in past couple of ssns. Bonner, pittard, Amon, impey, Polec seem to always flush.... Houston and or Bergman go still have Farrell, Burgoygne Evans sinn

Well that's sorted then.

Trac with our 1st.
Balta with our F1.
Ryan with our second rounder.
Gerreyn with our third.
Fyfe with one fourth rounder
River Stevens with our other.

Can someone let Brady know BF has sorted out his trade season and he can head off the Maldives next week?

Will disappoint the shiny new toy lovers who have spent all picks in the draft.... trade is totally where we should be going to get that final lift out of the rebuild. Out of those it's really only Trac that is pipe

Still a solid player and provides great pressure, I think we should've went harder for him last year

And better than Pink.... sorry to be fair to Pink, he is better for the structure we appear to be blue printing. Pink has tried his guts out for us... great depth to have throw fwd or back. You need these types on your list.....

Unless there are moves at play that we don't know of, we really need to get another key forward...

or revamp the forward setup like richmond to facilitate your unorthodox 1 key forwad.

For us, it's unrealistic to think that we will just suddenly get another star key forward or 2 allison abrahm type crumbers just turn up at the club.

We do have a plethora of medium forwards so perhaps we should be creative by turning them into a winning formula.

Do you really need to say that first sentence.... there will be plenty going on and will have been for mths, that we don't know about!

I’m wouldn’t have thought the trade would be much given his age. But yea he would definitely take some convincing for money/years

Thing is though, kpf players values can change quickly. Look at chol. Look at wright. Look at Waite. Look at Sav. Look at brown.

Darling has kicked a lazy 529 goals

Isn't it more money driven, to get that off their books..... won't be asking anything stupid re trade you wouldn't have thought, hence his name is being thrown out. If a silly pick being asked then simple move to the next. He is better than pink, marginally. So yes prefer a bigger upgrade but might not be an option this yr so go again next.....

Still think we go after Lobb who won’t cost much other than cap space

Has been forced into defence and been decent but his best position is still forward

Be interested on Lobb's thoughts..... does he like down back or just happy playing in a strong team that could go deep..

No but he isn't ooc so that would obviously limit the interested parties considerably. Buyer obviously would need to be willing to part with picks and cash..

Teams reach agreement with the player first then begin negotiating with the club.

Balta's not going to limit his own options to whoever has the best draft picks.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Isn't it more money driven, to get that off their books..... won't be asking anything stupid re trade you wouldn't have thought, hence his name is being thrown out. If a silly pick being asked then simple move to the next. He is better than pink, marginally. So yes prefer a bigger upgrade but might not be an option this yr so go again next.....

Indeed. Darling would have to come basically free trade wise. You're not trading for what he was.

He's has a couple of decent games, largely he's been putrid.

Well if true and Neon Liam is looking elsewhere, we I hope show some interest, not sure we have the correct draft capital though. Will be 28.5 years old when the ball is bounced rd 1 season 2025.

Would improve us, but has been underwhelming for 3 seasons, hamstring injuries cruelled his 2023 campaign. So seasons 2022 & 2024 reads 31 games, 32 goals.
Doubt he's worth an early second, maybe a late second after bids have taken place, but doubt the Eagle would do that. Personally I think you need to pay 'overs' for contracted footballers.

Charlie Spargo is RFA 2025, has blown his achilles and we seem to like those types :p

But Spargo is one I hope we've an interest in and fwiw I think we will be a very attractive proposition for season 2026, I think we hold the line this off season.
If 2025 sees us further improve and get 10 or so wins, the FA's will come a knocking. It happened in the 90's some many great footballers were desperate to get the North.

It will 100% happen again.

Well if true and Neon Liam is looking elsewhere, we I hope show some interest, not sure we have the correct draft capital though. Will be 28.5 years old when the ball is bounced rd 1 season 2025.

Would improve us, but has been underwhelming for 3 seasons, hamstring injuries cruelled his 2023 campaign. So seasons 2022 & 2024 reads 31 games, 32 goals.
Doubt he's worth an early second, maybe a late second after bids have taken place, but doubt the Eagle would do that. Personally I think you need to pay 'overs' for contracted footballers.

Charlie Spargo is RFA 2025, has blown his achilles and we seem to like those types

But Spargo is one I hope we've an interest in and fwiw I think we will be a very attractive proposition for season 2026, I think we hold the line this off season.
If 2025 sees us further improve and get 10 or so wins, the FA's will come a knocking. It happened in the 90's some many great footballers were desperate to get the North.

It will 100% happen again.
I didn't see Charlie Spargo being your "type " old boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back