List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so you don't want Petracca?

That's fine.

I do.

And I'd be willing to pay the premium price it would attract.

Draft picks alone won't get the deal done - Melbourne would (justifiably) want a young best 22 player back in the deal as well. For me, Powell is the expendable piece. It wouldn't be LDU, Wardlaw, or Sheezel as they're all untouchable. Melbourne wouldn't want Jy because he's too old and they're only making this type of move if they're looking to accelerate their rebuild. And you've spent all year telling us Will Phillips is no good so it wouldn't be Phillips either.
And you've spent all year telling me how good he is, now you're saying he's not worth anything? You wanted Xerri traded last year so I'm not sure you actually watch much footy.

And you've spent all year telling me how good he is, now you're saying he's not worth anything?

I'm saying that he hasn't been consistently in our starting 22 for us this year so wouldn't be a player that Melbourne would consider fair compensation in a trade.

I am surprised to see such a heated discussion about Petracca here. It's clear as daylight that they won't be letting him go.

Probably true, but he's the kind of player who deserves the speculation and hype.

And you’ll be on the sack brady thread when this bloke is 30 and isnt finding the pill like he did when he was worth pick 2
Each to their own. I just believe that the players available in the top-end of this draft are nowhere near what I would expect quality-wise, nor do the players around that area suit what we need right now.

Could someone please post the "evidence" linking us to Petracca?

Could someone please post the "evidence" linking us to Petracca?
There's none.

At least none that anyone should take as gospel.

But when the Trac news broke, a couple of the Twitter rumour accounts said it was NMFC chasing him;

There's none.

At least none that anyone should take as gospel.

But when the Trac news broke, a couple of the Twitter rumour accounts said it was NMFC chasing him;

Thanks. I see he's one of those hit and miss trade rumour "experts", I guess we'll find out which one he is on this occasion.

Last edited:
And you’ll be on the sack brady thread when this bloke is 30 and isnt finding the pill like he did when he was worth pick 2
Not that any of this is gonna happen but I reckon I’d be on the sack Brady thread if we didn’t make a play for him. Granted his injuries are a concern but he is an out and out superstar.
We have enough high draft picks on our list that showcase just how hit and miss the draft can be - Stephens, Sleevo, WPhil and looking back just a few years ago, guns like Polec and Tyson. Could add the capt in there too at pick 8. We’ve also done well with the draft in recent years - they don’t come much better than Harry and George. Comes down to risk v reward - he’s worth the risk IMO and we’re not gonna get any better picking up more average players on 4 year deals who aren’t going to take us to where we want to go.

Yes, there's probably nothing in it, and if there was, Melbourne probably wouldn't trade him anyway....

But, if we're talking pick 2 as the base of a trade for Petracca, as Eddie Barlow allegedly said when approached by WSC..."Give us a pen, where do I sign...."

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerns about his health are legitimate, and obviously my enthusiasm about pursuing him would be reliant on a clean bill of health.
You still going with this - I think you better go get a clean bill of health

Oh, for the confidence of the Collingwood supporter on Twitter who thought Ash Johnston for Petracca would be a fair trade.
The anti Chad

So we’ve definitely put the feelers out for Malcolm Rosas Jnr from GC. Contracted for next year but we’ve put forward a decent contract.

Konstanty on the radar too but less of a focus. I don’t think he’d warrant much in a trade considering his VFL form.
Makes sense. Should've been a roo since we run the NT academies.

Reportedly toured the club last week
What was the original rumour, someone was touring the club, with one eye on coaching after footy.

If it was Trac, would you swap pick 2 in the knowledge he probably won’t have much of a preseason, unsure when he can actually train again, let alone play and he is already looking at life after footy.

Af yes, the infamous "friend of a friend of a friend" sighting.

Not gonna lie I heard the rumour a day or so before it hit here and I'm a superstar at the cracker factory.

To be fair, he mainly hit everything last trade period. Probably just as trustworthy as Tom Morris lol
Yep got a few right, I can't be bothered reading through all his Tweets but there's definitely more misses than hits. I particularly liked Adrian Dodoro telling Zane Duursma Essendon were going to trade up to take him in the draft.

I am surprised to see such a heated discussion about Petracca here. It's clear as daylight that they won't be letting him go.
And if he were, you'd expect the Saints to go all in given their LDU interest. Cant see him being a real option for us, except that somebody mentioned last week he might have toured Arden St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back