List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Petracca is the 2024 version of 2023's Clayton Oliver.. "let's trade a top 3 pick for a gun player who has serious question marks over their ability to ever be that gun player for any extended period again".

I think Trac will recovery fine from his injuries but expect a slow start and a bit of hesitation before he goes 100%

Do we want him? 100%, not only to drive standards and leadership plus a match winner not to mention a high profile face of the club.

Do we need him? I am in the minority and party pooper, but it's a NO and here's why - he doesn't suit the timeframe of this rebuild.

Getting a player like Trac would b most advantageous if we made the 8 or finals and needed to add that point of difference that could propel us deep in September...and since we can't even win against WCE when we led in every stat apart from the scoreboard, l'm afraid he would set this rebuild back depending on what concessions would need to be made in order to break his 5 year contract at Melb.

Last edited:
So Petracca is the 2024 version of 2023's Clayton Oliver.. "let's trade a top 3 pick for a gun player who has serious question marks over their ability to ever be that gun player for any extended period again".
What if it was pick 2, 22 and F1 for Trac, Kossi and pick 6. We could take Armstrong or Trainor and our rebuild complete. Melbourne get a huge head start on their rebuild pre Tassie. We'd have to be pretty sure of getting at least 4 high quality years out of Trac.

Not gonna lie I heard the rumour a day or so before it hit here and I'm a superstar at the cracker factory.
Fair enough, I just don't buy into the rumour. The week he was meant to be touring Arden Street he posted photos on Insta of himself in Noosa. Now obviously he could be in Noosa one day and at Arden Street the next but it just doesn't add up for me.

What if it was pick 2, 22 and F1 for Trac, Kossi and pick 6. We could take Armstrong or Trainor and our rebuild complete. Melbourne get a huge head start on their rebuild pre Tassie. We'd have to be pretty sure of getting at least 4 high quality years out of Trac.
We don't need Kosi we have Mahony.

Petracca is too much of an unknown quantity for 2025+. You might get v2021. You might get Leigh Colbert v2000. Or you might get a guy who can't physically put it together for 10+ high quality games per year.

Effectively Petracca as good as he can be is removed from the trade considerations, you take out 22 and it becomes giving up 2 + F1 for Kosi, 6.

Which would be worth thinking about but isn't the prospect being floated.

That is potentially a good deal. Petracca, Kossie and Armstrong. It'd never happen tho. Too much in our favour.

Fair enough, I just don't buy into the rumour. The week he was meant to be touring Arden Street he posted photos on Insta of himself in Noosa. Now obviously he could be in Noosa one day and at Arden Street the next but it just doesn't add up for me.
He did the virtual tour from a banana lounge, Paul Roos style.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I don't buy it either but there was some smoke prior. To be honest I just can't see why a contracted big name from another club would be touring facilities anyway, much more gets done behind the scenes without anything getting out.

FOS and Draper and any other player in the draft is still a gamble. They may turn out to be a star player, they may be a role player, they may be a bust. Will Phil was pick 3. Would you trade Will Phil for Trac? We already have 7 top 5 picks that can play midfield. How many do you think other clubs have?

Even if you get 3 years of Trac's best, you are getting a top 5 player in the comp that would propel you to finals and set the team up for the future. We wouldn't have FOS but we would be able to attract other big stars, something that we currently can't do.

Hodge was 34 when he went to the Lions and look what he did for them. Trac is 5 years younger! Star players play well into their 30s these days and Trac being the ultimate professional he is I have no doubt he will too.

It's extremely unlikely we get him but I would put my house on it being better long term for the club getting Trac rather than picking another 18 year old.

I'm on board with you re the "not another 18 yr old" as so many on here have the shiny new toys as the only solution and the fix all. Irrelevant of time it may take to fulfil potential or may not reach it at all. Our core is 25-26, we need to add to that.... but Petracca's injury was pretty significant too. No guarantee of returning back to the trac we know

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
That is potentially a good deal. Petracca, Kossie and Armstrong. It'd never happen tho. Too much in our favour.
Probably, but Dees dont have a 2nd rounder and this year bats so deep that pick 22 is probably more like a 15 in other years. A pick 2 is worth 2 mid first rounders, so would be close to giving up 3 first. For me age and questions marks over Trac it would need to slightly favor us. Maybe instead of 22 we trade Phillips who'd get way more opportunity there.
But yeah if we got Trac, Kossi and Armstrong we'd be well on our way.

We don't need Kosi we have Mahony.

Petracca is too much of an unknown quantity for 2025+. You might get v2021. You might get Leigh Colbert v2000. Or you might get a guy who can't physically put it together for 10+ high quality games per year.

Effectively Petracca as good as he can be is removed from the trade considerations, you take out 22 and it becomes giving up 2 + F1 for Kosi, 6.

Which would be worth thinking about but isn't the prospect being floated.
Yeah perhaps but the thing is with Petracca the player base would feel only a minor rebuild required. He leaves and then id expect Kossi to give his future options more thought and a move with Trac more appealing. Trac is a risk yes i agree, but lets say we keep 22 and trade Phillips instead. Give them a young mid crying out for more opportunity.

BTW im just spitballing, im more than comfortable to keep building from the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the touree from an interstate club?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I believe the wording was something like a big name player was "in Melbourne this weekend," and Petracca was still in MFC...

If he wants in we get him.

I dint think anyone's sold on this year's top few. If we get pick 6 back somehow, trainor it is and we don't miss out on alot.

Let's all just take a step back.

Petracca "I wanted to go to a place with elite standards, leadership and a track record of success. That's why I chose North Melbourne."
Lol,

you can imagine how the trade would go down with Brady, how about we swap our two captains for that crummy broken down player you’ve got over there?

Than just point to Sheez and say he’s the Capt now. He’s driving the standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back