List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can ask all they like. General consensus on the drafts/ trading bord from neutrals and even Melbourne supporters suggests a pick between 20 and 30. So in my scenario, we could give pick 28 (crows) instead of 22, but I think 22 is fair.
Come on man. With our history of playing trade table hardball?

Melbourne "Bro.. this is Jack Viney. Think of what you paid for CJ?"

Brady (after a long pause) "Yeh, yeh you're right"

(Opens satchel and dumps all our draft picks on the craps table)

Yes it was, they wont do that to us again in the next 10 years.

This is unquantifiable until the year 2034.

After we played them last time I would have thought it basically unthinkable that within 2 months we would go from under 3 goals to about 100 points. But here we are.

Trying to predict the future is complete folly.

It has been mentioned on here repeatedly the coaches are unsure how we had the preseason we did last year and it translated to 4/5ths of f*** all and it took some holy intervention at the bye to get the team to do more than go through the motions.

So those closest to the side cannot even predict what will happen between pre season and season proper.

So until such time as we get effort week in week out from players who should be able to execute we have exactly zero ground to stand on to say what they next decade will be like.

We lost a game we should not have and our response was for basically every leader we have to go missing while we get flogged by 16 goals.

Change is required.

I legitimately don't want to trade with Melbourne, Port or Richmond. We should have an embargo on Brady being able to talk to any of these clubs.

Let him talk to GWS or Gold Coast. At least then we are a shot at not getting screwed.

This is unquantifiable until the year 2034.

After we played them last time I would have thought it basically unthinkable that within 2 months we would go from under 3 goals to about 100 points. But here we are.

Trying to predict the future is complete folly.

It has been mentioned on here repeatedly the coaches are unsure how we had the preseason we did last year and it translated to 4/5ths of f*** all and it took some holy intervention at the bye to get the team to do more than go through the motions.

So those closest to the side cannot even predict what will happen between pre season and season proper.

So until such time as we get effort week in week out from players who should be able to execute we have exactly zero ground to stand on to say what they next decade will be like.

We lost a game we should not have and our response was for basically every leader we have to go missing while we get flogged by 16 goals.

Change is required.
They've done us by 68, 96 and 130 points in the last 3 years.

Excuse me if I don't see a dogs thrashing as a mere aberration either.

They've done us by 68, 96 and 130 points in the last 3 years.

Excuse me if I don't see a dogs thrashing as a mere aberration either.
I legitimately think we won't win a game against them until Bont and Libba retire. They have the better spine than us, and despite all the young (hopefully) guns in our midfield, they've consistently dominated us recently there, leaving our other areas badly exposed

Jack Macrae would look like peak Darren Jarman in our team with his foot skills.
We'd **** him up nice and quick.

We've reduced the best coach in modern history to Mark Neeld.

I'd like to think we can neutralise any quality mature player to a slightly effective Shitmen.

Of the players left these are the ones l would keep:​

Blake Drury

Charlie Lazzaro (Keep)

Cooper Harvey (Rookie)

Curtis Taylor

Finbar Maley (Keep)

Hamish Free

Liam Shiels (Retires)

Robert Hansen Jr (Keep)​

Tyler Sellers

Will Phillips (Keep)​

​​​​​

​​​​​​

• Total voters 122
  • Poll closed Jul 2, 2024.

I think we're going to need to be aggressive and maybe take a little risk. We have to put an end to these bottom of the ladder finishes.

I would be happy with the following:

IN: Viney OUT: Pick 22
IN: Parker OUT: Pick 40
IN: Pick 6, 20 (GC) OUT: F1
IN: Pick 4, 28 (Crows) OUT: Pick 2 (Draper)

So we end up with 4, 6, 20, 28, Viney and Parker for 2, F1, 22, 40.

Those picks would get us Armstrong, Top mid, Gerreyn or other key forward and small forward plus, most importantly, we address the leadership issue at our club which in my mind is what's holding us back more than anything.
I think getting one of Viney or Parker is needed as both play in the same area of the ground.
Mature defensive half player might be the other option I'd look at bringing in.
Pick 22 is too much for Viney imo. Taylor Adams is comparable and was pick 33.
Maybe we trade 22 and 40 to GC for 25 and 34. Trade 34 for Jack Viney?
Exploring sliding back or trading the F1 is worth consideration but not sure we'd pull the trigger on trading the F1.

Who gives a **** who I would have picked?

Project players should be picked up late in the draft, msd, rookie etc

We don't have the luxury to be picking players that are 5 years off playing senior football with pick 20 mate.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Typical response. Make the call and pick a player we should have picked for all of us on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think getting one of Viney or Parker is needed as both play in the same area of the ground.
Mature defensive half player might be the other option I'd look at bringing in.
Pick 22 is too much for Viney imo. Taylor Adams is comparable and was pick 33.
Maybe we trade 22 and 40 to GC for 25 and 34. Trade 34 for Jack Viney?
Exploring sliding back or trading the F1 is worth consideration but not sure we'd pull the trigger on trading the F1.

Viney as a full time mid. Parker mostly forward. Imagine one of our forwards not making a contest or choosing not to chase/ pressure! Parker would blast them immediately! It's the kick up the proverbial some of them need!

So true! How is it even possible that we have so many players who can’t kick? Surely the ability to hit a teammate 20m out is a given at this level
It's a collective phenomenon. Scatter them about to different teams and their disposal would be fine. Do we really think that their neural pathways for footy's motor actions are weaker than the average AFL player? Nup. I don't buy it. North Melbourne atm is a place of low confidence, low belief, low strenuous effort, and probably still low fitness. That means that when one or two unforeseen things go wrong that increase the pressure on the team, as happened yesterday with Chom, then Larkey, the fragile foundations begin to crumble fast. Players turn inwardly rather than leaning on their teammates and working out what can be done to stop the opposition momentum, and the result is a disjointed, uncoordinated shitshow.

The only actually bad kickers amongst the best 23 are Scott and Arch imo. But both don't matter because they each bring other assets that almost none of their teammates have. Someone's gonna argue Jy but I trust his kicking at goal and his left, and probably LMac too, but he's AFL standard as long as he doesn't let his brain get ahead of his skill level. His kicking isn't bad, it's just meh

Season 10 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

Would love to add Viney (2nd rounder) and Parker (3rd rounder) to our team. Parker to play fwd/ mid.

These two would help set better standards which will improve us greatly on and off field without having to sell the farm.

Both should be in our leadership group next year, one should be captain. I would much rather the likes of Sheezel, Larkey and Chom learn leadership off these guys than our current captains.

Trading for Petracca would mean giving up our pick 2 which I wouldn't be prepared to do. I'd rather take Draper/ FOS/ Armstrong.

If it meant losing our 2nd and 3rd round pick in this draft to get Viney and Parker, then I would like to trade our future first back into this draft (perhaps a trade with GC) even if this presents a slight loss to us. We need to accelerate this rebuild and I'm not saying this off the back of our loss on the weekend. To me, that was not worth reading in to. But we can't afford to remain rudderless at the bottom of the ladder any longer. Simpkin and LMac are our biggest issues in this regard.
Always good to ruminate, but in what universe would you get a premiership, contracted mid like Viney with a second round draft pick?

as a ufa this time next year maybe

Covid destroyed that draft for most clubs.
Thomas hurts oh so much. Logue injury. JHF

Our midfield should be Thomas, LDU , JHF. Sheezel.
Tarryn ****ing kills us. That campaigner is a ****ing A grade talent. **** me, people
Forget we are missing him from last year. I hate that campaigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back