Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Weak draft. Rayner went at #1 🤷 and Carlton reached on Dow at #3🤣
This year if he was 18yrs old Brayshaw might go 7 or 8. Its really that strong.

Well, when you put it like that…

Our draft team nailed that year. Way to thread the needle.
Back them to make the right decision this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whoa , whoa , whoa 🎼

Can we get back to the tropical island discussion now please
I wouldn't exactly describe Phillip Island as tropical.

Got a feeling there’s a possibility something happens today… Probably doesn’t involve us.

I think the Barrass trade and Noble trade are the ones that could start to get a few things moving.

There seems to be a higher percentage of trades that look like going to the last day than normal tbh. Bolton, Rioli, Smith look like going late due to the inability of a wannabe powerful Victorian side to negotiate fairly. Guys like Stringer who want to be traded but haven’t said it publicly yet don’t help either.

Think the Peatling deal or a boring swap of picks are probably the most likely trades to be done today. Hopefully we see Barrass or Noble done tomorrow to at least make Monday and Tuesday interesting.

While we are waiting, looks like Collingwood Port and GC are working on a three way trade. What gets it done?

GC Out: 13, Lukoscious
In: Port F1, Collingwood F1, Noble

Coll Out: Noble, Richards, F1
In: Houston

Port: Out: Houston, F1
In: 13, Richards, Luko

These are the fundamental elements. Maybe GC have to chip in a little to Port maybe their 29 for Port's 39 coming back. Collingwood possibly in front but have nothing else to give. Otherwise I think it isn't that far off on it's own.

Got a feeling there’s a possibility something happens today...
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Probably doesn’t involve us.
Bored Ryan Reynolds GIF

I know it gets engagement, but just... what the fck? 😐😐

It wouldn't be a bad thing for Richmond to have taken on those guys with so many older players leaving and so much salary cap, add in Matthew Kennedy and Owies as well. They actually would fit in quite nicely and make sure they don't taper off completely. They could then trade some of their later 1st rounders into next year and spread out the picks across years. Ask North what completely bottoming out as a club looks like.

But yes the rest of that trade, seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we are waiting, looks like Collingwood Port and GC are working on a three way trade. What gets it done?

GC Out: 13, Lukoscious
In: Port F1, Collingwood F1, Noble

Coll Out: Noble, Richards, F1
In: Houston

Port: Out: Houston, F1
In: 13, Richards, Luko

These are the fundamental elements. Maybe GC have to chip in a little to Port maybe their 29 for Port's 39 coming back. Collingwood possibly in front but have nothing else to give. Otherwise I think it isn't that far off on it's own.
Feel that Port are getting ripped off.

The incoming players for Port are either not full time B22 players or a struggling for a role at their origin clubs

Houston = #13 + a player who is a not full time B22 is unders

A F1 for another player who can't settle in a position is silly for Port

Sorry : edited for accuracy

If we get the Lions involved in it... with some picks flicked around... I reckon that'd be the key for the Bolton trade to go down quicker. Just need some distractions to turn down the testosterone.

Feel like it's best for those following trade period that it isn't a three-way between Gold Coast, Collingwood and Port Adelaide tbh.

Feels like the Noble trade could get done reasonably soon if it stays seperate giving trade period some life.

Three-way deals are complicated and would turn what could be 2/3 reasonably simple trades into a single trade that falls into the 'won't get done until next week' basket

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back