Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question. Who is going to be more disappointed if Bolton doesn't happen. Fremantle supporters or Richmond supporters?
Richmond, I personally would be happy to take 10,11&18 to the draft, walk away with Berry(10) Lindsay(11) and Hannaford(18) add some class, xfactor and pressure in one draft, Cue in the rack for the next 4 drafts, concentrate on Chad next year.

Richmond, I personally would be happy to take 10,11&18 to the draft, walk away with Berry(10) Lindsay(11) and Hannaford(18) add some class, xfactor and pressure in one draft, Cue in the rack for the next 4 drafts, concentrate on Chad next year.
Personally I would to. Have a crack at Kozzy and Warner next year. I still want Bolton but we are in a win win situation

Kind of agree with this.
If we offered 10 and 27. They’d have asked for 10 and 11. Then moving to 10 and 18 would’ve seemed a compromise.
This is haggling 101 though isn’t it?
We hardly needed experience in AFL trading to work out that you don’t make your best offer first time up. 💁🏻‍♂️
Seems apparent that 10 and 18 are on the table now as an offer from us.

I haven't watched any Draft videos but all this talk of Berry I had to have a look. Is it just me or does he remind you of Jayden Pitt?
Jayden Pitt was taller and a better kick (55m+ kick with very good accuracy). On paper he was also faster than Berry, although I think Berry's awareness in traffic is better - they have a similar running gait though.

If the Bolton trade falls through, we're surely gonna flog at least two of our first rounders for futures and try to have a crack at Kozzie and Chad next year.

We hardly needed experience in AFL trading to work out that you don’t make your best offer first time up. ♂️

You’d like to think AFL trades don’t follow the same strategy as haggling at the markets. There’s a lotta space between 10+18 and 10+11 for alternate deals with all sorts of late pick swaps.

I’m not sure there’s any need to go through the facade of an insulting lowball before moving on to an actual offer.

We hardly needed experience in AFL trading to work out that you don’t make your best offer first time up. 💁🏻‍♂️
We didn't start out with a really, really low offer for a contracted player because the last thing we wanted was Richmond deciding that our offers were so far apart that we could never come to terms, and doing outreach to Bolton to tell him the deal isn't gonna happen and to adjust his expectations accordingly. Like, for example, the exact situation that happened with Petracca.

Do we become proactive?
Maybe trade 11 to GWS for 16 and 21

Offer 10 and 16. Have 18 and 21.

Do we just trade 11? I know people want to hold to the draft, but I want Bolton. Are we certain they accept 10 and 18?

What’s minimum we accept back from Tigers if they take 10 and 11. 20? Do we accept 24 (first pick 2nd round).

Use 18 trade 24 for someone’s first 2025?

I feel like we just need to do something. Not because impatient, rather you just know we’ll do 10 and 11 and perhaps we should’ve made moves early.

I’ve also been on record from the get go that I’m fine with 10 and 11.

Houston is worth more than 13. You don’t see a deal getting done for him cause he’s worth more than that. Bolton is genuinely a star and has top 10-20 player in the comp upside and he’s only 25. Do you remember what Neale did when he left at the same age? Different players obviously but Bolton is only just getting into to his prime

10 and 11 is significantly more than we got for Neale who was a superior player

Do we become proactive?

Do we just trade 11? I know people want to hold to the draft, but I want Bolton. Are we certain they accept 10 and 18?

What’s minimum we accept back from Tigers if they take 10 and 11. 20? Do we accept 24 (first pick 2nd round).

I feel like we just need to do something. Not because impatient, rather you just know we’ll do 10 and 11 and perhaps we should’ve made moves early.

There is quality in this draft. I want Bolton too but we can’t be idiots and sell the farm. Richmond are being greedy. It will probably be 10+18+2nd or 3rd future.

I’d trade 11 for a
Norf’s future first but your point is reasonable

I’m guessing something similar to the Jackson trade.

10, 11, F2 -> Bolton, 51, F4

Just don’t think Freo can get it done for anything less and we obviously have committed to him so will have to get the trade done.

Big club trade idea here (just for fun as a joke thing)

Fremantle: gives eagles 10 and 18
Eagles: give Richmond pick 3 and Melbourne a future second
Richmond: give Fremantle Shai Bolton and Melbourne pick 20
Melbourne give Fremantle Kozzy

Or instead of Richmond giving pick 20 to Melbourne we give them 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we become proactive?

If it’s 10 and 11 we have to get 20 back

Agreed. Who ever put the first offer of 10 + 18 down is an idiot. They’ll expect us to go higher from there.

You have no idea if that was the first offer. They have been negotiating for a while before trade period.

And even if those picks were the actual first offer, there's also a salary cap relief component that we don't know. We could have started at 10+18 and 500k per year back, and moved it to 10+18 and less/no salary back as an improved offer. And maybe if we trade him for 10+11 that comes with the 500k back in the deal. I'm obviously just making things up, but there would be a lot of possibilities.

And it doesn't matter what our first offers were, Richmond were always going to demand our first two picks and not budge until late. Look how they are acting with Rioli and Baker. Starting off with an insulting low ball offer doesn't really achieve anything. It doesn't make Richmond readily accept 10+18 as a compromise.

Do Geelong need to get up the board for Smith? Maybe our 11 would be attractive to them.

I’m not all than keen to drop from 11 to 17, but surely there’s a pick (not sure if Geelong’s F1 is too much) which sweetens it up? Even if we have to throw F2 back?

And wouldn’t mind checking if Brad Close can be thrown in somehow. He’s no Kozzie, but he’s better than what we’ve currently got.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this trade needs to be floated on the other clubs boards. This could be the trade that breaks all of the current stalemates. Eagles in that scenario then have 18 for Baker as well.

If you could start with the Eagles board that would be great.

If the Bolton trade falls through, we're surely gonna flog at least two of our first rounders for futures and try to have a crack at Kozzie and Chad next year.

I’d probably only trade one tbh. Trading two is basically relying on something happening that might not happen.

Think there’s a decent change a lot of the potential buyers have already made their move as well.

As nice as Bolton in our forward line would be taking 10, 11, 18, and 30 to the draft presents a lot of interesting opportunities to set up our list for sustained success.

If there's two players we really like available at 10 and 11 we can just take them and then tell the other recruiters at the draft that 18 is gettable to the highest bidder. With enough of a heads up it could be like the feeding frenzy that happens with the first pick on night 2.

If there's only 1 we sell 11 for overs. We could probably even trade 11 for something like 13 and a future second, or someone like GWS might even do 11 and F2 for 15 and F1. It's a really good spread of pick to get creative with trades.

We would be making out like bandits. Bolton+Pickett would require 10+11+18+F1 as a minimum.

I’m guessing something similar to the Jackson trade.

10, 11, F2 -> Bolton, 51, F4

Just don’t think Freo can get it done for anything less and we obviously have committed to him so will have to get the trade done.
Wowee. This is peak nuffie levels here

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back