Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I’d love Bolton I’m guessing I’m in the minority to me there’s a limit.
Even if he doesn’t come I think this current team makes finals and probably top 4 without him next year anyway.

Just organic growth from within the youth is plenty
Young with another preseason for the midfield ( new level )
Treacy holds at his new level
Draper confidence and more muscle as he grows
Chapman to be fit and comfortable with his body
Amiss the same another season and more strength
The big one for me will be NOD
He trained inside mid preseason
If his clots and leg are gone for good I think he can follow young’s projectory into an inside bull allowing young more opportunity forward of centre when resting.
To the point I think if whan and Robinson keep coming as prospects next trade season erasamus and Johnson maybe up for trade.

No one preseason picked treacy to improve
To be fair Draper was a who ?

Bolton would be great but he is not the be all of end all
So there has to be a point to walk away

Personally the 2 west Aussie boys I like are Allan urquart
Tall strong with mongrel
Bo Allen’s last 6 weeks is impressive
From a half back playing against men not kids
Huge upside
The glaring hole in our list is an elite small forward.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if a player makes his away across to Richmond with a combination of picks for Bolton. Id be surprised if Richmond could go to the draft with 6/7 picks only and no mature bodies to play in 2025.

They will very likely finish last but their supporters will want them to at least be competitive and win 2 or 3 games. Playing a heap of 1 and 2 year players and getting smashed each week is sh!thouse for their development.

Remember the Scullly/Trengrove/Watts era and the smashings they had. Melb didn’t recover from that until 2018 and those players never recovered.

Instead of Bolton grab berry or whoever walls thinks fits still have 2 first rounders left
Berry is a kid with potential.
Bolton is a proven star.

Maybe we can get both, but right now we have a very rare opportunity to trade in an experienced, elite small forward. We'd be nuts not to do it.

I could see the likes of Xavier Lindsay playing off a HBF in year one for us like Jordan Clark did in his first year at the Cats
Would that happen?

Clark, Walker and Chapman would be miles ahead, and we'd still have Wagner and Worner contending for spots and depth.

HBF is a position of strength for us, unless someone is shifting wing/midfield/forward.

As much as I’d love Bolton I’m guessing I’m in the minority to me there’s a limit.
Even if he doesn’t come I think this current team makes finals and probably top 4 without him next year anyway.

Just organic growth from within the youth is plenty
Young with another preseason for the midfield ( new level )
Treacy holds at his new level
Draper confidence and more muscle as he grows
Chapman to be fit and comfortable with his body
Amiss the same another season and more strength
The big one for me will be NOD
He trained inside mid preseason
If his clots and leg are gone for good I think he can follow young’s projectory into an inside bull allowing young more opportunity forward of centre when resting.
To the point I think if whan and Robinson keep coming as prospects next trade season erasamus and Johnson maybe up for trade.

No one preseason picked treacy to improve
To be fair Draper was a who ?

Bolton would be great but he is not the be all of end all
So there has to be a point to walk away

Personally the 2 west Aussie boys I like are Allan urquart
Tall strong with mongrel
Bo Allen’s last 6 weeks is impressive
From a half back playing against men not kids
Huge upside
Adding Shai would be huge no questions asked. But for Freo standards, an off season where we don't lose best 22 players is already notable. For years, we've been relying on youth getting better to first make up the difference in our best 22 from losing players.

Darcy and Cox being fit, young players (a lot of whom you've mentioned) improving, the team in general maturing from the last quarter mares...that's already huge. Shai would add massively to that, but just by not losing best 22 players we should expect improvement.

Would that happen?

Clark, Walker and Chapman would be miles ahead, and we'd still have Wagner and Worner contending for spots and depth.

HBF is a position of strength for us, unless someone is shifting wing/midfield/forward.
Right? Not to mention Lindsay would be stuck behind...
998180.png

Berry is a kid with potential.
Bolton is a proven star.

Maybe we can get both, but right now we have a very rare opportunity to trade in an experienced, elite small forward. We'd be nuts not to do it.
Yeah, but if the negotiations don't go well I think small forward is one of the positions a young small forward can make an impact.

Would that happen?

Lindsay reminds me of Gulden.
I would love him at Freo

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would that happen?

I think you generally find a way to get talented players into the B22 whether it’s opportunity from injuries or otherwise.

But it’s a fair point and another reason why taking all three picks to the draft is not an option.

These well hyped kids on this years top 20 are not gonna want to spent 3 years toiling away at peel. They will expect to be playing AFL footy very early on, and we won’t have room for them all in the B22

I don’t think there would be many on here that doesn't think Wallsy has this in hand whatever the outcome. Heck he’s ultimately the guy who’s put us in a very strong trading position.
Obviously it’s going to come down to Richmond playing ball and some of that we can’t control, but I am certain that Walls knows better than any of us couch warriors what is best for us, and has the track record to back that up.
It’s just finding the patience!!

I think you generally find a way to get talented players into the B22 whether it’s opportunity from injuries or otherwise.

But it’s a fair point and another reason why taking all three picks to the draft is not an option.

These well hyped kids on this years top 20 are not gonna want to spent 3 years toiling away at peel. They will expect to be playing AFL footy very early on, and we won’t have room for them all in the B22
Our weak links I think are:
  • small forward
  • wing (we do have potential solutions already on the list, but a player like Travaglia could potentially find an opportunity here?)
  • a skilled, pacey midfielder but that comes with the Bolton package, and maybe Simpson.
  • I see room on list for someone like Gerreyn. A forward/ruck. I'm probably in a club of 1 in that regard, but talls take time to develop and Darcy has some question marks hovering. Knobel is there, as is Reidy, but a genuine ruck/forward rotating combo would be interesting.

If Lindsay debuted to improve our forward impact, fantastic.

I don’t think there would be many on here that doesn't think Wallsy has this in hand whatever the outcome. Heck he’s ultimately the guy who’s put us in a very strong trading position.
Obviously it’s going to come down to Richmond playing ball and some of that we can’t control, but I am certain that Walls knows better than any of us couch warriors what is best for us, and has the track record to back that up.
It’s just finding the patience!!
Yep it will get done, or it won't.

We win either way.

Our weak links I think are:
  • small forward
  • wing (we do have potential solutions already on the list, but a player like Travaglia could potentially find an opportunity here?)
  • a skilled, pacey midfielder but that comes with the Bolton package, and maybe Simpson.
  • I see room on list for someone like Gerreyn. A forward/ruck. I'm probably in a club of 1 in that regard, but talls take time to develop and Darcy has some question marks hovering. Knobel is there, as is Reidy, but a genuine ruck/forward rotating combo would be interesting.

If Lindsay debuted to improve our forward impact, fantastic.
Small forward or even half forward are two of the hardest positions to play. What small forwards have come into AFL teams in the last few years and been a great contributor to the team in their first 2 seasons?

A lot of posters want to treat our extra first rounders as found money. Going so far as to say we got pick 10 for Schultz so it's no big deal. I disagree with this line of thinking.

If we hadn't have got the extra picks a trade would most probably still be completed and for a lot less.

It's in Richmond's best interest to stock up on talent and hit bottom before Tasmania come in. They stand to lose a lot more if it doesn't go through. This is quite clear to me but I think a few of the posters on here have fallen in love with the idea of Shai and that's a terrible place to negotiate from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back