Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers asking for 6 and 13 for Rioli. Are they crazy?
Martin Sheen Yes GIF

AFL Trades 2024: Richmond at centre of trade period stalemate with West Coast, Fremantle, Gold Coast deals​

View attachment 2136510
Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Wed, 9 October 2024 8:01AM
Comments
Mitchell Woodcock
Richmond are at the centre of a frustrating hold-up in this year’s trade period as they refuse to budge on three of the biggest deals of 2024.
The Tigers are negotiating deals to trade out Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli to West Coast, Fremantle and Gold Coast respectively.
It could lead Adem Yze’s team with an incredible draft hand, but they’re haggling over picks has haltered any deals with no movement on a stagnant Wednesday frustrating pundits.....
"a stagnant Wednesday frustrating pundits"

Waiting for tomorrows headline...

"Stubborn Freo logjam the draft threatening to break up families!"

😟Massive value for a guy who goes missing. Even if super keen - adding 18 is where I would dig my heels in😬

This years draft is quite strong with the top 10 all at Brayshaws level.
4 years contracted for a guy we’ve been chasing for years and fills a massive hole in the list for us. 10 and 18 is fair. Can use 11 on the draft.

Will be pissed off if we give up 10+11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, we don't. We beat both grand finalists this season with one of the youngest sides in the competition. To add to that, it was our youth who drove that, not Fyfe, Walters and JOM. We will be heavily in premiership calculations in 2025 regardless of Bolton being here.

We don't NEED Bolton next year but he'd be nice to have. So would the kids those 3 early draft picks in a strong draft could bring us or whatever we turn those picks into. We're in a very strong position to build the side and getting Bolton does not equal a premiership.

It helps but the biggest factor is another pre-season and experience in all of our young blokes. The myth we NEED to deal with Richmond and throw whatever draft picks at them is perpetuated by Richmond. Freo are actually in an incredibly strong position to attack next season and walking from the Bolton deal is a real option.
If Shai had have been with us this year we would have been in the Grand Final.

If Shai had have been with us this year we would have been in the Grand Final.
I think we would have made the 8, but I don’t think Shai quite gets us there. Look at Brissy’s stacked forward line. We need Shai and more methinks.

Also a better coach.

If things play out as expected with prospective trades I think the Crows make the biggest gain on the rest of the comp this off season adding 3 handy role players in areas of weakness all for 1 2nd Rd pick and a chunk of salary that they can spare easy enough , take a top 5 pick at the draft and bring in a 1st Rd’ish F/S

If they get Sid Draper at 4 they might surprise a few people next year I think

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

then 10 and 11 would be "start the car" value!
Ahhh...wouldacouldashoulda is pure wisdom.
Players like Shai are valued at two 1st rd picks. Any 2 of those 3 we hold is good deal.
A proven elite player, he is the perfect fit for Fremantle.
Shai will bring us that premiership with all other things being equal.
Start the car indeed.
I just got email from club telling me my membership payment is coming out on November 15; I’m almost inclined to tip ‘em.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back