Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

What time are we organising the public stoning of Drago Delph if the rumour the trade would get done today isn’t true?

(only joking … mostly)
I haven't got time to go to no stoning.

1728518928685.png

Generally the argument from the draft talent watchers (in and out of clubland) has been it's a higher water (ie talent) level, but with way more boats on the higher level.
Which puts us in the box seat as midfielders are picked first. Should be plenty of Small forwards and HBF’s in the 20-30 range which might be where we end up if we want some currency for next year as well.

You could argue the other way , if the overall standard is higher the top picks don’t stand out as much compared to their peers as they might in weaker years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think it's that there's no genuine top three prospects in this draft tbh. There's no Harley Reid, Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw, Colby McKercher etc. but there's also a lot more players in the next couple of tiers.

But we don't have the picks to draft those real gun talents guys anyway so if there's say 30 guys that'd go top 20 in most drafts as well that can only be good for us.

Last edited:
Captain courage, hardest worker and great communicator.

Leader of a group that won 6 championships out of 11 years.

It’s a very smart appointment.
Also just great character, one saturday night after a game a few years back, he was out getting fish and chips for his family when he came across a house fire, he ran in and saved the man and his dog

Also just great character, one saturday night after a game a few years back, he was out getting fish and chips for his family when he came across a house fire, he ran in and saved the man and his dog
Unless there were also pineapple fritters and crumbed prawns in the fish and chips order, your threshold for great character is too low.

Missing out on Bolton will be the greatest blessing in disguise.
In recent times we have been reasonably successful in identifying and developing talent through the draft.

Pick up Owies with a late pick, swap a first rounder into next year. Pick up two elite young players in this year's draft.
And wait for another year to be premiership contenders

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

When is Shai arriving?

That’s an understatement.
Watching my pubs tune grey is more interesting
this one is one of the worst (to date..)

All we have to show for it inside 3 and a bit days is Slack Darling to North and Alex-Neal Bollock to Adelaide.

You're on fire AFL (Acrimonious Flogs Logjammed!!) :rolleyes: :poo:

There was a brief time it went longer than ten days I believe. I think it was 12 there for a while. Went back to 10 finishing on a Wednesday. Give it a few years and it will eventually be 5 days again. Even when it was 5 days the trades went through last minute like our classic Tarrant one. 20 seconds left or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a brief time it went longer than ten days I believe. I think it was 12 there for a while. Went back to 10 finishing on a Wednesday. Give it a few years and it will eventually be 5 days again. Even when it was 5 days the trades went through last minute like our classic Tarrant one. 20 seconds left or something.
Prefer two trade periods. One now for five days and then one in the pre-season.

Don't know you can realistically expect to predict what the AFL is going to do with these things tbh.

There's as much chance they extend it than shorten it IMO.

They'll dominate the sports media coverage as long as there's a change of something happening. The only threat to that would be the lead up to a test cricket match which isn't happening for a while yet.

What time are we organising the public stoning of Drago Delph if the rumour the trade would get done today isn’t true?

(only joking … mostly)
I can’t organise a stoning, but can do a bricking

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back