Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the story goes Baker wants to see Richmond get a fair deal, so maybe F2 isn’t good enough. I call BS though. Baker wouldn’t care about that too much..after all did nominate the one club unlike Bolts.

He also said “I’ll be watching from afar” at the Jack Dyer. He may have wanted a fair deal initially, but he’s well checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really think we should tell Richmond that 11 is off the table

Trade it to maybe Melbourne for a next year's f1

Only probIem I can see is we have probably promised Shai we will do the deal

on the last day there's no way Richmond will walk away from 10 and 18 and keep a player who doesn't want to be there

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wonder if Hawks are trying to back out of Barrass.

Battle didn't commit until late, Maybe they didn't think they'd get both.

Frost is staying as well.

Baker and his management team better get their house in order if he thinks we’re the fallback option. We should of been his priority destination to begin with. He should of just nominated “WA club” like Jackson, Bolton.

Kelly and Baker are just campaignery doing what they did.

Per the Jon Ralph tweets: he nominated West Coast because they assured him they had an appropriate pick lined up and a willingness to get the trade done. That was the fair deal Baker thought he had lined up. We are literally the fallback option. The question is whether pride prevents us from adding a mature quality player to our side (at the right price, of course).

Per the Jon Ralph tweets: he nominated West Coast because they assured him they had an appropriate pick lined up and a willingness to get the trade done. That was the fair deal Baker thought he had lined up. We are literally the fallback option. The question is whether pride prevents us from adding a mature quality player to our side (at the right price, of course).
Out of contract player with a few years left before decline? F2. Bolton can be handled in isolation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a great test as to the ability of freo to trade properly, to the level that is actually required for a club like us to be successful.

If we give 10 and 11 for Bolton in one of the best drafts touted in ages we are setting ourselves up to fail.
It’s completely over the top. I don’t care if 14 and 18 are swapped as part of it.

Pick 11 should be off the table in all circumstances. Just draw a hard line in the sand - it is not for trading.

Jesus I can only imagine what we will pay for Warner next year it’s 10 & 11 in a Bolton trade. Warner is a far superior player, the mind boggles at what Sydney could extort from us 😫
Still a long way to go in this draft and I'm not seeing a need to rule anything out.

If they really want all in on this draft, Richmond's F1 would be an interesting piece to throw into negotiations.

We aren't simply trying to land Bolton. It is clear we want a shot at Warner and Pickett too.

Didnt they still adjust their offer late, once Barrass was (unofficially) confirmed? I know they didn't match St Kilda but thought they increased it still?
Not sure, but maybe they were thinking on pulling out then as well.

I meaaannnnnn Houston is also very damaging for scoring he was = 2nd for score launches at Port this year and top 10 for assists and score involvements.

Houston was ranked 12th at Port for score involvements in 2024. In 2023, he was 11th at Port. About 135th in the whole competition. His best 2 years. Bolton (or more to the point, Richmond) had a down year in 2024 and he still comfortably beat Houston in that metric. And over Bolton's two best years in 2022-23, he was top 10 in the whole competition. Bolton is on a much higher level than Houston for scoreboard impact.

Think Baker is back in play.
No way will Richmond accept future first for Baker if West Coast accept that from Hawthorn

Pick 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker probably will work
If WCE wanted two firsts for Barrass, they won’t be happy with one future in a weaker draft. Interesting last few days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back