Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

season 3 no weenies allowed GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

12 and 14 is unders and not great trading. As a rebuilding club, to make up some of the value lost on a 28 year old small forward no one wanted and then spend almost half the capital on a 27 year old role player is beyond abysmal. It's just flat out horrific stuff.

I can't wait to hear Ellis talk about it on HBG.
I'm saying there's probably more to come in the entire deal once all the paperwork is in with regards to how WC use 12 & 14.. The draft calculator says that 3 is slightly less than pick 12 & 14.

3 and pick 56 is equivalent to 12 & 14, but there's obviously some bids coming in this draft, 3 would be pick 4 with Ashcroft, and I haven't looked into what picks get pushed back with other bids like Lombard and Kako. If they give 14 for Baker they're sure to get something else back from Richmond.

Was it reasonably confirmed that fan pressure made Port do a backflip or just speculation? Sincere question.

I think they agreed to it and then went home and googled who Atkins was and then changed their mind

I actually don’t know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all this negatively has got WC in a spin

Surely there's more to it?

I reckon there must be a bunch of 2nd/3rd rounds chucked in to make it worthwhile.

There’s not much left at Carlton to trade other than what’s reported.

It’d be players (unlikely as the media would know) or absolute junk draft picks (I’m talking 65+).

AFL rules literally forbid Carlton from trading anymore future picks so it can’t be that. Only a swap of picks in the same round of the draft (which would make it more lopsided) or Carlton trading in a F1 (from where?) help that situation - It’s not happening.

It’s bizarre if true but it sounds like it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies to the slime…..
Love it, most punchable head in the AFL goes to the team I hate the most, dreams are made of this shit…..
Now Freo, get Bolton with 10 and 18, put up 11 and next year’s second for Kozzie.
Pickett lines up - takes out Baker, Owies and Harley in derby 1 next year in front of the w***er faithful- serves his 12 suspension - back just in time for finals

I think they agreed to it and then went home and googled who Atkins was and then changed their mind

I actually don’t know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all this negatively has got WC in a spin
It's a bit rich by Port fans when this is basically the same scenario for JHF where they only gave up 9 and 20 for JHF and Rioli because GWS did this godfather deal to get pick 1 and Port were the main beneficiaries.

Would love to see the interstate clubs win the day with sensible simple trades or non-trades.

WC pick 26 and F2 for Baker
Haw F1 and 2xF2 for Barass
Freo 10 and 18 for Bolton
GC 6 for Rioli
GC 13 for NM F1
GC hold 23 for an F1 on draft night when a Lombard bid comes
GC 29 and 41 for Noble and 36
Port keep Houston, F1 to GC for Luko
Port 39 for Richards

Wonder if the Eagles put it out there to see the reaction. Reaction is nothing but negative. Would not be surprised they do a Port and backtrack on this one. Why not draft with pick 3 in a rebuilding side who 2 to 3 years away from finals.

Wonder if the Eagles put it out there to see the reaction. Reaction is nothing but negative. Would not be surprised they do a Port and backtrack on this one. Why not draft with pick 3 in a rebuilding side who 2 to 3 years away from finals.
Because they want Baker and can’t get it done with 3 or 30. They’re definitely doing this and it’s hilarious

ngl your offer to us is weird

10 and 11 is too high for Bolton apparently

You value him at 10 and 18, fair enough

Then you offer us 10,11, 18 for Bolton and Baker?

This means you value Baker at 11? I don’t get it that’s bigger overs than Bolton.
We need two quality players for our list, both good mid / fwd types who can kick goals, and we have three picks to get them. It's not about who is worth what, it's about being willing to spend all three of our top picks to get two players in of sufficient quality. Bolton and Baker are of sufficient quality, but 10 and 11 for Bolton would only leave us 18. I'm guessing our management value Baker higher than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back