List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken, but where did Liam Henry come from & why did he leave.
Probably the exception rather than the rule though right? I’m a massive Hewitt fan, and I’d love to see it happen but just struggle to see how.

I suspect freo would be a better fit for Lance should we move him this offseason as they have a clear need for a talented small forward.

That meant nothing last night , don't you remember a bloke called Barry Hall , played a blinder for us in his last game
Next week wants to be traded to the swans
Yeah but Bazza wasn’t a happy camper. Josh looks pretty settled at the Saints.

Probably the exception rather than the rule though right? I’m a massive Hewitt fan, and I’d love to see it happen but just struggle to see how.

I suspect freo would be a better fit for Lance should we move him this offseason as they have a clear need for a talented small forward.
Lance is a WC acadamy product so would feel at home if he went there.

We can't afford to lose battle. He's crucial to the performance of the side.

I don't see how we can improve without him. It'll leave a massive hole. Probably 3-4 goals worse off.

And because of poor drafting one of the few in that age group that is AFL standard.

It was always the case with Doogs that the stupid acts were dragging him down, but we need to beware the Billings scenario because blokes that perform best only in contract years are the ones to weed out. Maybe he's auditioning for suitors.
Those at the club will know best and it’s fraught to attach oneself to an opinion in this case. IMO.

He seemed to have his worst year under Lyon after breaking Max King. He was high in our B and F for a few years. It's crazy to think that we'd trade him out without and obvious upgrade coming through. There just aren't many out there available.

Where is Elijah Hewett at at WC i know the saints would of drafted him if WC didn't jump ahaead of them.

Maybe if Lance is home sick a swap with Hewett might be on the card.

Watch this space.

I'd take that and run. What's the catch? Is it from info or just a vibe?

5 hours ago on the main board some hawks fan says battle GONE,some saints fan agrees with him,then nothing more said anywhere

5 hours ago on the main board some hawks fan says battle GONE,some saints fan agrees with him,then nothing more said anywhere
Would guess that it's based on the Jay Clark article.

A player putting off contract talks until the end of the year at this point rarely ends with a re-signing.

Would guess that it's based on the Jay Clark article.

A player putting off contract talks until the end of the year at this point rarely ends with a re-signing.
Iv'e turned on Battle my feeling is he's staying now, what would of been the point of the article & he did say we are going in the right direction & mentioned his relationship with Ross & the boy's.

Jay Clark & Ross are good mates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i get battle looking to leave... but why hawthorn? that's the part i don't get. if its about on-field performance, hawthorn whilst they have been more competitive this year, don't exactly look like they're going anywhere anytime soon.

i actually think our forms the worst its been in a while but we've still been in games. we've lost 6 games with 10 points or less. if you turn those around we are right up there.

i dont see the same with hawthorn. hawthorn meanwhile had their best patch of form in years but still aren't looking like they're going to play finals. i see a club who's improved through trading in some existing players but i dont see a club who's going to challenge for a flag and i think they go backwards again next year or the year after.

Where is Elijah Hewett at at WC i know the saints would of drafted him if WC didn't jump ahaead of them.

Maybe if Lance is home sick a swap with Hewett might be on the card.

Watch this space.

WCE will just pay overs to keep him. a "we are shit tax".

Love how the Hawthorn fans in the Battle thread want free agency compo gone because it only benefits the small clubs. It's incredible how short the memories of some fans are.

have they realised what they just said... and no its not about the compo picks...

that's been the argument forever and a day that free agency would only benefit the big clubs. good to see they've said that... not sure they realised they did it though.

He seemed to have his worst year under Lyon after breaking Max King. He was high in our B and F for a few years. It's crazy to think that we'd trade him out without and obvious upgrade coming through. There just aren't many out there available.
Its very much a players market. In reality we got a long deal on overs when he came so it's reasonable to expect he takes a cut this time around. We'll see. I have a feeling there's more smoke than fire with us and it's mostly media beatup.

i get battle looking to leave... but why hawthorn? that's the part i don't get. if its about on-field performance, hawthorn whilst they have been more competitive this year, don't exactly look like they're going anywhere anytime soon.

i actually think our forms the worst its been in a while but we've still been in games. we've lost 6 games with 10 points or less. if you turn those around we are right up there.

i dont see the same with hawthorn. hawthorn meanwhile had their best patch of form in years but still aren't looking like they're going to play finals. i see a club who's improved through trading in some existing players but i dont see a club who's going to challenge for a flag and i think they go backwards again next year or the year after.
I agree. Which is why for Hawthorn to get him they would have to offer a lot more money than us. If we’ve offered $800k they would need to be close to a mill.

De Goey signed real late two years ago too. Didn't he sign on with Collingwood around the trade period?
De Goey was different. He really wanted to stay but the Pies weren't giving him the terms he wanted. In the end, they came to a compromise.

The case is the opposite for Battle. Saints really want him to stay, but he is considering options.

Saints trading season has to look like this I think,

1. Snare an A grade mid
2. Draft best mid available at pick,
3. Retain Battle,
4. Get a serviceable ruckman

The more I see of Marshall up forward the more important (4) above becomes. Hopefully (2) and (3) are straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back