List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get battle looking to leave... but why hawthorn? that's the part i don't get. if its about on-field performance, hawthorn whilst they have been more competitive this year, don't exactly look like they're going anywhere anytime soon.

i actually think our forms the worst its been in a while but we've still been in games. we've lost 6 games with 10 points or less. if you turn those around we are right up there.

i dont see the same with hawthorn. hawthorn meanwhile had their best patch of form in years but still aren't looking like they're going to play finals. i see a club who's improved through trading in some existing players but i dont see a club who's going to challenge for a flag and i think they go backwards again next year or the year after.

All those emoji's and i can't find a single 1 with a dollar note.

If Battle goes for big money, and we get pick in the top 5/6, wouldn't that be a win? I mean I love Battles, super underrated, but I that's above market and we need young talent.

This draft is the worst one to try to get into the front end of. It's a pick 6 for 7 in a very even draft with little stand out talent. I think the draft is probably going to run deep but with out particular stand out players. The idea of overs is just a number. I think we are as likely to find a gun with our second round pick as our first in this draft.

You don't win by losing your good players. We'd be weakening our list and strengthening a side around our level to win on paper.

i get battle looking to leave... but why hawthorn? that's the part i don't get. if its about on-field performance, hawthorn whilst they have been more competitive this year, don't exactly look like they're going anywhere anytime soon.

i actually think our forms the worst its been in a while but we've still been in games. we've lost 6 games with 10 points or less. if you turn those around we are right up there.

i dont see the same with hawthorn. hawthorn meanwhile had their best patch of form in years but still aren't looking like they're going to play finals. i see a club who's improved through trading in some existing players but i dont see a club who's going to challenge for a flag and i think they go backwards again next year or the year after.
I can understand why Battle would want to go there. I see what you don’t, they’re not ready to go to Geelong and beat them down there but they play a cracking game style and have most of the pieces in place. They just need experience and another one or two key position players but they have the midfield.

I can understand why Battle would want to go there. I see what you don’t, they’re not ready to go to Geelong and beat them down there but they play a cracking game style and have most of the pieces in place. They just need experience and another one or two key position players but they have the midfield.

They have a surprisingly good list already. Just need to play games together to get some cohesion going.

I've been pretty vocal about letting battle walk for a top 5 pick, but at the same time, if the pou can continue his upwards trajectory and we can fashion a top 6 midfield out of this squad/our FDP this year.. then keeping battle might be the best move. He's a seriously good player, one of those players that just elevates everyone around him without having to be a star

This draft is the worst one to try to get into the front end of. It's a pick 6 for 7 in a very even draft with little stand out talent. I think the draft is probably going to run deep but with out particular stand out players. The idea of overs is just a number. I think we are as likely to find a gun with our second round pick as our first in this draft.

You don't win by losing your good players. We'd be weakening our list and strengthening a side around our level to win on paper.
not that I disagree with you, but where are you reading this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Mitch Lewis done his knee on weekend,their best forward.

I follow the drafts and just on observation. Reckon the front end of this draft is ordinary compared to last year. Reid was the outstanding best player for 2 years. He played the under 18 metro v country match the year before he was drafted as a 16 year old and ripped the rest of them new one. There isn't a player like that in this draft. Guys like McKercher and Sanders were a step above the mids in this one too IMO.

I reckon the best players in this draft would come in around pick 7 in the last draft but probably a better deeper spread of talent. Honestly think O'Sullivan who is injury prone is probably the best player in the draft then Jagga and Trainor.

The rest feel like you could throw a blanket over. There will be a few guns but the draft I compare it too is the 2017 draft. There are a few guns in the first round but lots of misses and then a really good spread right through the second rounds into the third.

I think some of the talls and players like Murphy Reid, Langford, Gross types could all be gun mids but aren't and highly rated. Of the tall players Faul, the Whitlocks, Hynes etc. Then there are a few good small forwards in Kayo and Berry etc.

Alright, I found someone else that agrees with me.

"And while Murphy Reid is no relation to Harley – nor is he the standout No. 1 choice this year in a relatively even pool – he’s got scouts talking after a stunning Under 18 national championships to date."

Gringo has been spouting it all over the place.
I tend to think he must be right because no-one is disagreeing with him a specific way.
There are those who make general comments that "every draft has good players", but no-one seems to be able to say this player ( insert player ) is going to be a really good elite player.

I tend to think he must be right because no-one is disagreeing with him a specific way.
There are those who make general comments that "every draft has good players", but no-one seems to be able to say this player ( insert player ) is going to be a really good elite player.
Plus it won't be pick 5...we have 3 very winnable games. Richmond wce Adelaide.

I think it ends up like pick 8-10.

Which happens every year, except for Reid, Jhf. Jagga, FOS, Smilie and Ashcroft are going to be really good elite players….probably along with 3 or 4 others

Which happens every year, except for Reid, Jhf. Jagga, FOS, Smilie and Ashcroft are going to be really good elite players….probably along with 3 or 4 others

Every year someone tells me a list of really good elite players, and every year a good chunk of them are bog ordinary, and every year some of them wash out.

Lose battle, get pick 5, trade 4 or 5 into next year somehow?

Every year someone tells me a list of really good elite players, and every year a good chunk of them are bog ordinary, and every year some of them wash out.
And every year a “Chad Warner” type pops up at pick 39 from Aquinas College. There are (almost) Always excellent players through the draft…the key is selecting them and then developing them.

To say this Draft is crap because there’s no Harley Reid is absolutely ridiculous,

No one knows how good this Draft class is going to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back