List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

You understand how development works , yes ?

Literally every player Ross has played has started at either half forward/half back. Sydney do it with all their young players.

Heck look at Heeny it took him 10 years to play on ball and now he might win the Brownlow.
So you agree then? He will play half forward next year... where he is better suited, theres no guarantees he's moved into the middle after.

On Heeney - If you play 10 years of your career at half forward then you are a forward who has gone into the middle not a midfielder who had gone forward.

How is Hugo as a high half forward this massive call no one can understand?

Hugo Garcia started the season predominantly as a high half-forward for Calder Cannons, kicking eight goals in the first five rounds before really starting to get his hands on the ball further afield. After averaging 16.2 disposals in that time, he hit a purple patch of five straight 20-plus disposal games rotating on either side of midfield.

Garcia was still able to hit the scoreboard, but more importantly brought defensive pressure wherever he went, balancing between offensive and defensive modes that helped his side. His production as a whole was consistently high, and though his kicking could improve, he is able to dish off effectively by hand.

Garcia is looking to enhance his kick penetration and hurt factor – patricularly when heading inside 50 – while also looking to take the game on more often. Nonetheless, he has proven himself to be an effective midfielder/forward who can post strong numbers and has the versatility to play a variety of roles on-field.

How is Hugo as a high half forward this massive call no one can understand?

Hugo Garcia started the season predominantly as a high half-forward for Calder Cannons, kicking eight goals in the first five rounds before really starting to get his hands on the ball further afield. After averaging 16.2 disposals in that time, he hit a purple patch of five straight 20-plus disposal games rotating on either side of midfield.

Garcia was still able to hit the scoreboard, but more importantly brought defensive pressure wherever he went, balancing between offensive and defensive modes that helped his side. His production as a whole was consistently high, and though his kicking could improve, he is able to dish off effectively by hand.

Garcia is looking to enhance his kick penetration and hurt factor – patricularly when heading inside 50 – while also looking to take the game on more often. Nonetheless, he has proven himself to be an effective midfielder/forward who can post strong numbers and has the versatility to play a variety of roles on-field.
Hugo as a half forward with small stints in the midfield makes complete sense and will likely be his way into the AFL side for the next few years.

Not sure why that's been a contentious comment in the first place.

The knock on Taylor at U18s was his lack of consistency. Expected to go top 20 and slid to the 40s
Generally players will develop it ovrr time as they mature mentally. It's probably RTB's strong point that he can extract that from his cattle so well and trade-ins will know the score if they make the choice.

wtf

unbelievable

yes
ross would never give any praise
not even behind closed doors
in fact he just yells at them all and says they're all crap to motivate them

barks hangs here?

havent seen him since 09 perhaps?

everyone?

like, every poster?

or every saints poster?
Again, straw-man all day.

I've said player comparisons are dangerous e.g King/Riewoldt, Mccartin/Riewoldt, now people are saying Hugo/Lenny Hugo/Daicos like give me a spell I understand its a joke and we want to hype the guy because we love his attitude but steady on.

He’s gone from saying he’s too small to play mid and probably has to be loved to a half forward, to saying he’ll probably be run through half forward.
The pivot broke even Kobe’s ankles.
Sorry bud you might have missed my first post on this was a question are we sure he is a full time mid? I think he is too small to play midfield and we all agree that he will play half forward. Might be difficult to follow amongst all of the replies directied my way. Ive never said he will 'run through half forward' He will play half forward next year and I believe thats where he is best suited and should stay. You take the cake in bad faith arguments though, well done!

Best thing about Curtis Taylor is his name.... Dad obviously wanted a Blues guitarist.

Ross, in the post match press conference after the carlton game was discussing the midfield. Two of the things he said were:
...it’s not an area of strength.... &
...we're developing Garcia and Phillipou...

I think there's a very good chance that Hugo is, at the least, going to be spending time in the midfield next year. Who knows how much and what other roles he might get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget Josh Battle as well, who ever that guy is, or was....

Season 4 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

Reckon we need a ready made ruck like Soldo to give Roma a chop out.

We have been so lucky with his durability so far but we're flirting with disaster.

Huge priority and something that hopefully shouldn't cost us much. Roma's workload has been outrageous over the last 3 years and he is 29 next year.

I think Moose is out of contract this year, any word on an extension for him?
You would think he will get 1 more year to develop, but in all reality most sides have 3 or 4 ruckman or talls on their list that can play in the ruck we don't so we need to add another 2, 1 experienced and another developing from the draft.

I see the Bulldogs are making a play for Peatling, sounds like the bloke can have his pick of clubs if he wants.....

Dogs seems like a poor fit if he wants midfield minutes. We would have to be the club of choice if he wants to get time in the middle. I guess Libba and Treloar are old though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back