List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

No hate to the kid, but he is only being mentioned in any draft thread due to his NGA connection. Maybe he actually gets drafted and develops but we really shouldn't be expecting anything from someone just because of they are in our academy.
Yeah there is way too much romance on here , Pick best available , not because he is an NGA or his dad played for us

Yeah there is way too much romance on here , Pick best available , not because he is an NGA or his dad played for us
We can package up our second and third and move up the board. Then match nga bids with junk. We will add peckett with a rookie pick. They are worth adding to the list for free

Romance is an essential part of the human makeup. It’s in our DNA.

Some have it for an NGA or for a F/S.

Some have it for a big, juicy burger.

We can package up our second and third and move up the board. Then match nga bids with junk. We will add peckett with a rookie pick. They are worth adding to the list for free
If we rate them higher than what's available, they are worth adding.

They aren't worth taking up 3 spots on the list because of their academy status. That doesnt instantly make them worth taking.

Romance is an essential part of the human makeup. It’s in our DNA.

Some have it for an NGA or for a F/S.

Some have it for a big, juicy burger.
And what's wrong with Burgers , I bet it will give me more joy than watching some of our previous F Sons

Case in point

Gringo, I think you’re confusing peoples opinion on here for the “clubs approach”

That, and you’re making assumptions about the clubs plans.

Josh is not a $1m per season footballer. It is irresponsible to pay him that. We have an offer on the table of approx $800k per year.

That is honestly incredible money for a 25 year old who hasn’t proven to be anything more than above average.

I like Josh a lot because he’s hard edged and reliable, but he’s not an irreplaceable type and there are plenty of candidates on our list that can potential cover his void in the mid term.

Josh has a ridiculous offer on the table from Hawthorn and a very good offer from us. It’s very rare that the club a player leaves puts a bigger offer on the table to try and retain them as it often falls outside their overall list strategy.

Again, if Josh leaves the sky won’t be falling

Players are worth what people offer them. The market decides. The reason other clubs are paying up for free agents is because they are stacking lists in anticipation for Tasmania coming in because both mature and young talent will be drained heavily. Clubs that haven't stockpiled talent will struggle to replace them. Clubs holding players will be able to trade them for overs in that environment.

You will get frozen in time and not be able to make up ground. The salary cap increases also have made a big jump in wages for players contracting now. You sound like an old guy that won't buy a beer because you can remember when a pot of Carton was $1.

That's all fine but the club needs to be held to account and if they **** this rebuild up they all need to be removed before they do more damage. We mess this up and it will be a 10 year wait to be able to make ground stuck in the bottom half of the ladder.

Brisbane sat in a position to trade after the following:

Being gifted Harris Andrews and Eric Hipwood via QLD zone selections.

Top 5 picks: Rayner Mcluggage Schache
Top 20 picks: Berry Bailey Starcevich

It isn’t as simple to say they just took a risk one year and landed Neale. They built for a few years and then parted with their draft collateral.

Do you know how many top 6 picks we have taken in the last 10 years?

2 - Max king at pick 4. Paddy at 1.

We aren’t ready to throw our draft hand at players.

Not one of those guys you mentioned is a star. McLuggage is an A grade talent. Bailey and Rayner have patches of brilliance but uneven. Starcevic is Jimmy Webster quality. Berry is a good but not outstanding talent. Schache is a super spud.

Where the players are taken means FA. It's the quality on the list and the make up of that list.

Hunter Clark and Coffield were pick 6 and 7.

Because we want him. Don’t you know how trade period works?

I heard that St Kilda rejected him when he and his dad wanted him to come to us but we told him to **** off because we wanted to get Ben King in and needed capital and cash.

I heard that St Kilda rejected him when he and his dad wanted him to come to us but we told him to **** off because we wanted to get Ben King in and needed capital and cash.
Sounds like a nonsense rumour. Hes extended his deal early each time since being drafted so there wouldnt really have been a time when he a chance to be traded for us to reject him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just attention seeking behaviour.

Not one of those guys you mentioned is a star. McLuggage is an A grade talent. Bailey and Rayner have patches of brilliance but uneven. Starcevic is Jimmy Webster quality. Berry is a good but not outstanding talent. Schache is a super spud.

Where the players are taken means FA. It's the quality on the list and the make up of that list.

Hunter Clark and Coffield were pick 6 and 7.
Quite clearly the above with this post.

Mcluggage isn’t a star? 😂 he is having a better year this year then last.

Bailey has had a rough year but the league was frothing over him last season.

Rayner has absolutely put it together since Brisbane got on this run. Hence half the league including us being interested for next year.

Give me 3 players who are better than those 3 players in our jumper that are mids or forward/mids.

Glad to see you struggle with understanding why Brisbane pulled the trigger at the time for Neale as opposed to just calling Schache a spud in 2024.

Your entire belief has been flawed for months because your favourite player looks to be on the move.

When you balance yourself you are such a good poster to interact with. You just fly off the handle with absolute crap more often than not lately.

“We’re pushing Battle out the door”

“We’re begging Oliver to play for us”

“We’re telling Dean Anderson to **** off”

Where the hell do you hear this stuff?

And do you hear it after ingesting that mushroom crop you grow on that off the grid Gippsland compound of yours?

Want to move up the ladder- get mids. No point in going back too far in history, but every season over the last 10 years at least, the big issue was a lack of class our midfield, yet efforts seemed to be put into everything but addressing that. It was clear after we got beaten in last year's finals, that we needed a much better midfield and really, ruthless calls should have been made in that area after that, but we are still juggling the same old faces, with Pou possibly showing some strengths in an on-ball role, and Dow and Windy looking workmanlike and serviceable, but it wont be enough.

This is an absolute rubbish rumor. It's evident you're unhappy with the club, but there's no need to create a divide with false statements such as this to support your agenda.
We all want the same thing, a successful St Kilda Football Club. You don't have to agree with the way they're doing things but quit with the bullshit fearmongering statements.

We need top end talent but we aren't that far off. We need to stack not strip the list out. You don't cut your foot off when you need new shoes.
How is losing 1 HBF as an UFA (and receiving Pick 6 in compo) stripping out the list?

I dont post in here cause its a ****ing circlejerk of the regulars frothing every decision good bad or indifferent the club makes but this is 100% accurate. From a few different sources.

Plus the Saints knocking back A grade talent in search of magic beans being something that a Saints fan CANT believe is staggering to me, have any of you followed us at all?

If North come sniffing around for Hunter Clark again,would anyone be happy to let him go this time? what would it take? One of their handout picks from the AFL? I’d do it for that and nothing less. Then maybe you’ve got enough assets to get the Suns first rounder.

Imagine getting 3 of

Smith
Lalor
Draper
Langford
O Sullivan
Smillie

I dont post in here cause its a ****ing circlejerk of the regulars frothing every decision good bad or indifferent the club makes but this is 100% accurate. From a few different sources.

Plus the Saints knocking back A grade talent in search of magic beans being something that a Saints fan CANT believe is staggering to me, have any of you followed us at all?
Lol that is too funny. We tell Anderson to go away because we want Ben King who subsequently gets an extra 600k by the AFL as an 'ambassador' and Anderson ends up at GC with Ben King and we get neither.
Too funny for words.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If North come sniffing around for Hunter Clark again,would anyone be happy to let him go this time? what would it take? One of their handout picks from the AFL? I’d do it for that and nothing less. Then maybe you’ve got enough assets to get the Suns first rounder.

Imagine getting 3 of

Smith
Lalor
Draper
Langford
O Sullivan
Smillie
They don’t have any hand out picks, they had to trade them all last year.
But Clark would be lucky to net an end of second round pick from anyone.
More valuable to us at this point

If we were to grab someone like Macrae and Peatling, do we then take two mids with 5 & 6? It depends on who’s available, but we couldn’t fit all of Macrae, Peatling, Steele, Pou, Hugo, Windhager, Clark, Sinclair, NWM and two firsts into our midfield mix next season.
This could be where splitting pick 6 would be valuable and grabbing 2 of Hotton, Hynes, Travaglia or Dodson

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back