List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond lose those players , they won't want to be giving up any good picks they get for them.
Not sure i'd want Edwards either.

If we lose Battle another big body key defender will be a must and there just aint a lot to chose from. Harry is a late developer and at 200cm who can take a strong mark I think he would fit well into our team defence. We dont want to be selling the farm to get another tall defender so he could be a good option IMO. Sell high - buy low.

If we lose Battle another big body key defender will be a must and there just aint a lot to chose from. Harry is a late developer and at 200cm who can take a strong mark I think he would fit into our team defence well. We dont want to be selling the farm to get another tall defender so he could be a good option IMO. Sell high - buy low.
If WCE are losing Barrass they won’t want to let Edwards go, rate him but not convinced he’d be cheap.

I think you look at what some of the projected early picks are doing at VFL level already and should expect regular games from the top 10 of not only this draft, but most drafts. I'd expect whoever draft to play regularly next year, as has been Ross' way with our early picks in the past 2 years.

Lyon hasn't had much choice, we've had a putrid run of injuries.

Wilson has an exceptional tank. Has allowed him to play a lot during 2024.
Philipou is starting to come into his own as a mid towards the end of his second season. That's probably also true of some of his contemporaries like Clarke ( cats ) and Tsatis ( Bombers ).
Naz's contemporary , Darcy Wilmot came into his own somewhere through his second season.

Harley Reid might be an exception, but very few will be a "dominant " mid fresh out of the draft.
Not like Macrae would.

Lyon hasn't had much choice, we've had a putrid run of injuries.

Wilson has an exceptional tank. Has allowed him to play a lot during 2024.
Philipou is starting to come into his own as a mid towards the end of his second season. That's probably also true of some of his contemporaries like Clarke ( cats ) and Tsatis ( Bombers ).
Naz's contemporary , Darcy Wilmot came into his own somewhere through his second season.

Harley Reid might be an exception, but very few will be a "dominant " mid fresh out of the draft.
Not like Macrae would.

McKercher. He’ll be a better player than Reid too.
Get on the Jagga train guys.

If Richmond lose those players , they won't want to be giving up any good picks they get for them.
Not sure i'd want Edwards either.

Agree but they will be looking for senior players where they mighten previously. Plus with clubs being able to trade picks 2 years in advance they wont be wanting to take 7-8 kids each year. They might show interest in players like Paton, Membrey and be prepared to give higher picks (2nd or 3rd round) given they will have so many early picks.

Maybe that is dependant on what Battle does?
We need to be careful if thats the case.

Cant treat our starting full back as an after thought and then expect him to just sit there waiting if the Battle decision doesnt go our way. He's be well within his rights to go find a club who would value a key back and then we will be left with the embarassesment of turning a top 4 defence into one of the worst in one offseason.

Noah Anderson, drafted #2 2019 draft.

• Signed rookie contract 2020-2021.
  • Contract extended in mid 2020 for an additional 2 years (to end 2023)
  • Contract 2020-2023 extended to end of 2027 in January 2023 (9 months prior to existing contract ending)

That timeline doesn't leave too much time for St.K to tell him (& his dad) to F%%^ off.

You do understand that you can trade for contracted players yeh?

If we were to grab someone like Macrae and Peatling, do we then take two mids with 5 & 6? It depends on who’s available, but we couldn’t fit all of Macrae, Peatling, Steele, Pou, Hugo, Windhager, Clark, Sinclair, NWM and two firsts into our midfield mix next season.
This could be where splitting pick 6 would be valuable and grabbing 2 of Hotton, Hynes, Travaglia or Dodson
Yuck from my perspective. Take top tier with both. But we shouldn't be factoring in Macrae when deciding our top draft picks. He’s nearly cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do understand that you can trade for contracted players yeh?
Everyone clearly knows that.

But looking at that timeline of this contract extensions, do you really think this random rumour that he and his daddy came to St Kilda begging for a trade then went off crying because we said we couldn't do it is believable?

Was a massive fan but he turns 33 next year and is a shell of the player he was in his B&F year. Don't see the logic in doing this. If we lose Battle we would need to trade for him to not distort the compensation, Blues can get him for nothing.
Surely it’s only a salary dump and a pick comes with him?

What's happened to Josh Ward at the Hawks?

Behind too many inside mids and was a bit slow to come on/ injured. Starting to be a very consistent performer at BH Hawks now.

Sounds like a nonsense rumour. Hes extended his deal early each time since being drafted so there wouldnt really have been a time when he a chance to be traded for us to reject him.

Ask around.

If North come sniffing around for Hunter Clark again,would anyone be happy to let him go this time? what would it take? One of their handout picks from the AFL? I’d do it for that and nothing less. Then maybe you’ve got enough assets to get the Suns first rounder.

Imagine getting 3 of

Smith
Lalor
Draper
Langford
O Sullivan
Smillie

HC would be worth less than Jack Billings now IMO.

If we were to grab someone like Macrae and Peatling, do we then take two mids with 5 & 6? It depends on who’s available, but we couldn’t fit all of Macrae, Peatling, Steele, Pou, Hugo, Windhager, Clark, Sinclair, NWM and two firsts into our midfield mix next season.
This could be where splitting pick 6 would be valuable and grabbing 2 of Hotton, Hynes, Travaglia or Dodson

If we don't take best available at any pick we deserve to be shit forever. We have heaps of mids and will be very unlikely to have as many injuries in that one area of the ground again.

Don't be surprised if we take Trainor and replace Battle with another Battle if he's the best available. Or Travaglia as a longer term replacement for Sinclair who probably has 3 or 4 years left etc.

The only caveat is that you also need to break down types of mids. Inside extractors, outside runners etc. Make sure you have a heap of depth and developing kids ready in all areas.

If Crouch is cooked and we’re persisting with Chito up forward I’d love us to have a real crack at Alex Davies. Hasn’t got consistent opportunities at GC but could be a ready made (young) inside bull. Can’t imagine he’d more than a late 2nd round

Yeah he's probably a third rounder for me. Peatling has shown more but he has something still.

Noah Anderson, drafted #2 2019 draft.

• Signed rookie contract 2020-2021.
  • Contract extended in mid 2020 for an additional 2 years (to end 2023)
  • Contract 2020-2023 extended to end of 2027 in January 2023 (9 months prior to existing contract ending)

That timeline doesn't leave too much time for St.K to tell him (& his dad) to F%%^ off.

Heard it from multiple sources. Wasn't happy up there and wanted out and we rejected him wanting to keep our war chest for King in reserve. Believe what you like.

McKercher. He’ll be a better player than Reid too.
Get on the Jagga train guys.

I really rated McKercher at the draft. I think he'll end up an absolute gun. Reid is starting to show some really bad habits and a definite downside. McKercher will be lower profile but think he looks a Brownlow type of even top level performer.

Heard it from multiple sources. Wasn't happy up there and wanted out and we rejected him wanting to keep our war chest for King in reserve. Believe what you like.
If he was so unhappy on the GC that he wanted out, there are plenty of other options who would be dying to have his services.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back